Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Disney's Planes Trailer Online

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Disney's Planes Trailer Online

Postby Staff » Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:36 pm

There was a teaser trailer of Planes put out in the wild a few months back, which I can't seem to find anymore, but now there's a nice lengthy one posted recently, and by recently I mean about a month ago. And just so there's no confusion, from what I can understand the film may be set in the world of Cars, but this is not a Pixar flick, as it would have Pixar's name plastered all over it. This is instead an in-house studio project and so far I'm intrigued and I usually don't say that about Disney animated films.

We first reported on Disney's Planes line about a month and a half ago as part of our Toy Fair report. There's still no new information or pictures regarding the DUPLO line, and no sign of a System scale line either but if that changes you can be sure we'll report it here.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/04/01/disneys-planes-trailer-online/
Staff

Re: Disney's Planes Trailer Online

Postby sparkart » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:26 pm

I don't want to link to the video "Why Pixar Movies Are All Secretly About the Apocalypse", because of the mature language, but it does bring up a strangely entertaining view that the Pixar movies are actually, quite terrifying.

But this is a Disney movie, originally intended for a direct to DVD/Blu-ray, IIRC, but now getting a theatrical release. I'd welcome some LEGO sets, because the printed eye pieces have possibilities for more Car-icatures.
sparkart

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:38 am

I had thought this was originally slated to be a direct-to-DVD release. Surprised to see it coming to theaters. Maybe I just made that up.
Mister Ed

Postby DarthBuilder » Wed Apr 03, 2013 10:57 am

Mister Ed wrote:I had thought this was originally slated to be a direct-to-DVD release. Surprised to see it coming to theaters. Maybe I just made that up.

I too recall seeing this trailer back in like May/June of 2012 and also recall it being a direct to DVD effort. However the newest trailer that's online and attached to the Wreck it Ralph Blu ray/DVD release the voice of Dusty has definitely changed. I remember seeing it and could swear that it was Steve Carell voicing Dusty. Especially when hes freaking out and skywriting "Cool". Its a noticeable difference between the two and instead we get Dane Cook to voice Dusty :roll: . So much for this being a comedy movie XD . Have been looking but cant seem to find the original trailer from when it was first posted online last year so have yet to offer proof of the voice change. Maybe it was a stand in until final casting.
DarthBuilder

Return to Licensed Themes