Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

MCU Phase One: Avengers Assembled Box Set Trailer

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

MCU Phase One: Avengers Assembled Box Set Trailer

Postby Staff » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:03 am

http://youtu.be/wUyuveZZsS4

Marvel brought their Cinematic Universe: Phase One - Avengers Assembled 10-Disc Limited Edition Six-Movie Collector's Set to SDCC for a little show and tell before they released this trailer on Thursday. It's a great looking set with a whack of extras and the price for pre-order on Amazon at the moment is $139.96 which is only $23 per movie. This set and the anticipation I've had for it is the reason I never bought any of these movies after Kevin Feige began to talk about the long-term plan for the MCU. It will also be the straw that breaks the camels back and forces me to buy a Blu-ray player...
gorram You 21st Century!
SDCC Avengers DVD Pre-order Poster

Our intrepid field reporter/head honcho type took these photo's of the set in all its glory at SDCC where if you pre-ordered (for $189!) you'd get the sweet limited edition poster of the dvd packaging seen above.
SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 1SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 2SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 3SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 4SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 5SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 6SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 7SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 8SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 9SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 10SDCC Avengers Blu-ray - 11

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/07/21/mcu-phase-one-avengers-assembled-box-set-trailer/
Staff

Re: MCU Phase One: Avengers Assembled Box Set Trailer

Postby Avenged110 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:07 pm

Ok, I was a little unsure, but after seeing this, I need it. This actually looks really freaking cool.
Avenged110

Postby Morgan19 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:34 pm

This may be interesting/disappointing news for anyone waiting on the 10-disc set (story linked from VideoETA)...

Avengers Disassembled?

Remember that really cool 10 disc set called The Avengers Assembled: Marvel Universe Phase 1 that Disney was supposed to release next month? You know the one, it has six movies and a plethora of bonus features and collectibles that actually justified its $219.00 suggested retail price.

Well, we got word first-thing this morning that Disney has pulled this item from its release schedule. Officially, there was no reason for the cancellation, but it doesn't take too much Internet sleuthing to put one and one together.

Back on August 3, The Hollywood Reporter ran this story that claimed that the luggage company that created the briefcase seen in The Avengers was suing Marvel over the design of their case for The Avengers Assembled: Marvel Universe Phase 1.

It seems that Marvel/Disney did not have the license or authorization to reproduce the brief case in any shape or form. The article linked above has a nice side-by-side comparison of the two cases and I have to say that the resemblance is pretty uncanny.

As of the time of this writing, Amazon still has the page up for the collector's edition but that will surely change soon. It's possible that Amazon.com will keep the page up knowing that Disney will release the set at some point.

One thing is certain though, unless there's a speedy resolution to the lawsuit, the collection won't be released as intended on September 25. If they can't work out a deal with the luggage company, I'm sure they will simply retool the briefcase in their set so that it doesn't resemble the one in question as much.

This, of course, will take time and delay the release, but I'm sure that Marvel/Disney will still get it to market in time for the critical Christmas buying period. Stay tuned for updates to this developing story."
Morgan19

Postby Chief » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:40 pm

LOOOOKIIIII!!!!!
Chief

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:20 am

Okay, this really sucks b/c I was one of the few who fell for that poster at SDCC and bought the set there! Crossing fingers they'll reach a deal soon!
Gooker1

Postby onions » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:13 am

yeah, there's no way they're not going to release it in some fashion given all the preorders out there and the hype around the set.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:06 pm

This is starting to ship now. Who kept their preorders open?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:07 pm

I cancelled mine bc I wasn't sure how it will end up. Guess I can order it again, but was hoping for some deals at one of the b&ms.
Gooker1

Postby JamesBenjamin » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:24 am

I kept my pre-order, but got free shipping so i probly won't actually get it till next week.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Return to Licensed Themes