Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing TMNV: Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Announcing TMNV: Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes contest

Postby BlackFalconBirdman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:16 pm

First, thank you for the great competition and the great entries. I really liked looking at all of them; they are very creative.

I'd like to submit this for the contest, which I call "The Power of 4".
There are the 4 different and unique turtles, the 4 letters "TMNT" and the 4 mysterious letters "TCRI".

I built this on a 12x12 base with an overhang on the 2 sides shown (up to 2 studs total overhang). What went from a 4 story concept, quickly turned into a 7.5(?) story creation. I've waited more than 20years for TMNT legos, so I got a bit excited XD . The 'TMNT' 'T' is made form the yellow tubes, 'M' from the orange tubes, etc. 'TCRI' is written in glow-in-the-dark Legos from the side. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough time to make everything as pretty as I would like, but I was able to somehow finish.
It's takes elements from different series; April's Antique shop, a short master splinter, the Turtles' individual personalities, etc. There are 6 enemies (1 for each turtle and 2 above ground), as well as other TMNT character references you might notice...

Here is the main view taken in low lighting to show the glow-in-the-dark Legos. The pictures were only resized and cropped. No color correction was done at all.
1Power_of_4 by BlackFalconBirdman, on Flickr

This was taken in very low lighting (and was very difficult to get non-blurry!) It is my favorite picture. I know the nuclear guy is not from the TMNT world, but he's great. He was called it to clean up the spill.
2Ooze by BlackFalconBirdman, on Flickr

Here's a close-up of Mikey's room. He's busy playing video games and doesn't notice the foot soldier behind him.
Mikey1 by BlackFalconBirdman, on Flickr

Much more pictures on flikr since I couldn't fit them all in 3 pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blackfalco ... 108081540/

In case people are wondering; I used glow-in-the-dark 1x2 plates I got from Legoland Germany, the pirate 'poster' is from the Lego POTC DS card holder, and Mikey's chair is a bionicle head turned upside-down.
BlackFalconBirdman

Postby madLEGOman » Wed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm

New game: Cricket

Well guys, my first ever vignette, enjoy.
TMNTvig02 by madLEGOman, on Flickr
TMNTvigFaceOff by madLEGOman, on Flickr
TMNTvig01 by madLEGOman, on Flickr
madLEGOman

Postby graznador » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:21 am

Here's my entry, TMNT: 29 Years of Bodacious Buds and Bogus Baddies. This vig features 5 stacked scenes that highlight the breadth and depth of the TMNT universe.

Furthermore, I created this vignette to celebrate 29 radical years of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Hidden in the scenes are 29 turtle allies and enemies, as featured in the comics, movies, cartoons, and toys.
Can you find all 29? (Here's a hint - the Turtle Blimp counts as one of the 29.)

Cowabunga dude!
-Peter
graznador
graznador

T.C.R.I.

Postby Ultron32 » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:10 am

My entry is done. I present to you...
T.C.R.I.!

T.C.R.I. by Ultron32, on Flickr

I made a 4 level MOC, based on scenes from the episode of the new series titled T.C.R.I
On the first level you can see April wielding her yo-yo against the Kraang disguised as businessmen.
On the second level, the Turtles have been captured by the Kraang!
On the third level you can see Leatherhead fighting off the Stone Monster from Dimension X.

T.C.R.I. Level 3 by Ultron32, on Flickr

And then on the very top is my favorite part of the build, the top of the tower, with the T.C.R.I. letters and their symbol.

T.C.R.I. Tower by Ultron32, on Flickr

You can see more pictures including a gallery of the minifigures, the side of the tower, and more right here.
Ultron32

Postby Darth Mitz » Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 pm

'this is like meditating" - Mikey

here's my entry and first crack at a "vignette".

by MitzD, on Flickr

another great contest from the FBTB guys, thank you

good luck all.
Darth Mitz

Postby artpants » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:36 pm

Trouble Brewing
Untitled by artpants1, on Flickr
raph by artpants1, on Flickr
right full veiw by artpants1, on Flickr
The Shredder and Krang are dumping toxic waste into the sewers who will stop them...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/86373285@N ... 123013927/
artpants

Postby Jambo Kett » Sat Mar 30, 2013 12:42 pm

Big Apple 3 a.m. by Jambo Kett, on Flickr

Big Apple 3 a.m.

This an edgy, modern look at the teenage mutant party lifestyle lol. It's my first attempt at a vignette. It's definitely not worth any votes but hopefully worth a couple laughs. The sewer layout is inspired by the 80's cartoon and the name is a reference to the first level in "Turtles in Time". Thanks for the contest, and awesome job on those builds guys.
Jambo Kett

Postby GeorgeFord13 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 2:43 pm

Hello,
Here is my submission for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes contest
My scene shows Michelangelo trying to sneak a dropped pizza into the sewers. The delivery man is scared when he sees this "reptilian monster."
Built on a 8x8 base and includes:
-Michelangelo
-Pizza delivery man

Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignette by GeorgeFord13, on Flickr

I made the set as compact as I could. I also only had one turtle so I was limited :'(
Winning another set would provide me with more characters and would expand my future building capabilities.
Thank you!
GeorgeFord13

Postby CapnRex101 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:00 am

Many thanks to FBTB for hosting such a great contest, there have been some brilliant entries so far and I have enjoyed having a look at all of them as well as constructing my own...

My MOC is built on a 16x16 base and there is no overhang whatsoever all the way around. It is not based on any particular scene from the TV shows, films or comics, but shows Shredder and the nefarious Foot Clan hunting the Turtles through the back alleys of downtown New York. Although Donatello and Michaelangelo have escaped their arch enemy for the moment, the night's work is not over yet as the Kraang have spilt Mutagen into the sewers from one of their warehouses and it has already began to mutate one of the sewer's animal inhabitants.

The Minifigures used in the MOC are Donatello, Michaelangelo, the Shredder and three Foot Ninjas.

In this image you can see an overview of the MOC, photographing something which was split on two levels was very challenging, so no one photo shows all the details.

TMNT MOC by CapnRex101, on Flickr

In this next photograph the sewer level can be seen with Michaelangelo (complete with pizza of course) climbing down the ladder while Donatello, still unsure that they are completely out of harm's way, keeps a lookout. He has not spotted the spider which has evidently been doused in Mutagen, and is already starting to change...

TMNT MOC - Sewer Level by CapnRex101, on Flickr

In this final image I am focusing on the street level portion of the model, where Shredder and his Foot Clan are still searching for the Turtles. On the right hand side you can see the Mutagen which has been spilt seeping out under the door to the Kraang warehouse, and just behind Shredder it is trickling down into the sewers below.

TMNT MOC - Street Level by CapnRex101, on Flickr

There are numerous other photos of the MOC available to view on my Flickr photostream here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/capnrex101/

Thanks again to FBTB for hosting the contest and good luck to all the entrants.
CapnRex101

Postby TMNT nerd » Sun Mar 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Usagi Yojimbo - Warrior of the East 1 by smohlerredsox, on Flickr

All right, I'm new at this and there's no way I'm gonna win, but I thought I would enter for fun.

My entry is based on Usagi Yojimbo, the ancient Japanese samurai rabbit, who didn't originate in Ninja Turtles, but has been featured in the 1987 show and toy line.

Good luck to everybody else. Your entries are great!
TMNT nerd

Postby commodorelegolas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:10 pm

Quick question, could one of the other pics that I submit, not the main pic be edited? Also, could the main pic be in a red, white and black format, similar to a black and white format? Thanks!
commodorelegolas

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:44 pm

Just over 5 hours left. Good luck everyone in the coming voting!
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby lego-runner » Sun Mar 31, 2013 7:42 pm

Thank you for another amazing contest!
Also good look to everyone else participating!

So here is my entry titled:
Mutagen Mistake
Mutagen mistake by Legolord7738, on Flickr

This entry is loosely based off of the new tv show specifically the turtles first encounter with Shredder. Who are seen narrowly escaping their foe while he is distracted by his henchmens' recent transformations.
lego-runner

Postby commodorelegolas » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:32 pm

Here's my entry to the contest:
TMNT Comic Cover #1 (Unedited) by commodorelegolas, on Flickr

I based it off of the cover of the first TMNT comic book. I have an edited red and white version in my photo stream.

Sorry I did not post this earlier, Solo, my entry on its 16x16 plate:
TMNV Entry On 16x16 Base by commodorelegolas, on Flickr
commodorelegolas

Postby Jake's Oy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:03 pm

I R dumb. I spent so much time thinking about it; I procrastinated. Then I've had a sinus headache for 4 days that standing up hurt. Blah, Blah I have a few hours to try and make something happen :(

Nice entries so far :D
Jake's Oy

Postby DarthNick » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 pm

Here's my super-duper last minute entry!

TMNT: Attack of the Komakrang!

Thanks for hosting an awesome contest FBTB! And best of luck to all the other entries!
DarthNick

Postby Jake's Oy » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:43 pm

tmnt1 by vwzealot, on Flickr

tmnt2 by vwzealot, on Flickr

tmnt3 by vwzealot, on Flickr

Not exactly what I wanted, but I got 2 of the fun things I wanted into it. Mousers and the turtles teaming up to hang off a cliff to catch something. I wanted a dark abyss for them to hang off off. But I wish I had more time to make the cliff come out of the 45 degree angle and for a wall for the mousers to break through.

Oh wells, another fun contest :D
Jake's Oy

Postby MrAnderson » Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:58 pm

Presenting "Attack of the Shredder"

tmnt1 by anderson.grubb, on Flickr

I drew inspiration from some of the original comics and artwork that used only red for a color.
More photos to follow on Flickr tomorrow:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/16445319@N ... hotostream
MrAnderson
Blockhead

Postby Solo » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:00 am

Time's up! I'll have the poll ready to go Monday night. Thanks for all the great entries.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds