Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

So, you wanna to build a podracer? [Building Tips Thread]

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: [CONTEST] 2009 Podracer Challenge!

Postby Solo » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:23 pm

Joedward wrote:Does that mean they have to be made of transparent elements? Or is it just a very strong recomendation?

No, it's only a suggestion to make it look better. Not everyone will have the proper parts for a decent energy beam and we wanted this contest to be open to as many members as it could be, so the guidelines were lightened.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: So, you wanna to build a podracer? [Building Tips Thread]

Postby onions » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:16 am

bigospedros wrote:Question : I already posted an entry, but I've re-worked it. Can I withdraw my first attempt and re-enter with Version 2 ?

this is precisely why i usually put an embargo on posting entries; too many people jump the gun and in their excitement post the first thing they build; invariably, there's always one or two people that refine their model and wish to resubmit.

sorry, i'm sort of just griping here. i can't really answer that question, but for future reference, everyone should just take their time until their moc's are DONE done. There's always plenty of time for construction (about 3 weeks on average). It's not a race to get yours up first (or second, or third, etc).
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:24 am

Ay, sorry I missed that question. Like Ace said, this is why you should wait until you know your MOC is ready to post. Go ahead and change it since you can still edit your post but don't be so quick on the trigger next time.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby bigospedros » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:59 am

duly noted for the next contest ... I've already edited my entry ;)
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby CommanoSev » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:19 pm

Okay so if I build a Pod engine that has two parts connected together(like Sebulba's but with a gap in middle) does that count as one engine or two?
CommanoSev

Postby onions » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:04 pm

it counts as three.

won't know til we see what you've built. better hurry, the deadline's approaching.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:35 pm

I don't get it. Sebulbas racer had two pods. If you do the same thing but connect the two engines, it no longer qualifies. Post a WIP and we can help you better.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby theJudeAbides » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am

Wow, this contest has drawn some great entries so far. I love seeing what everyone's come up with. Great job to all the builders so far.

One thing that would be cool is if after the contest is finished, someone (a staff member) collected all the entries into a single folder/flickr pool and posted a link on the main page (Not just in the "News" area, but a permanent link). Additionally, it would be cool if going forward, this was the policy for all contests.

Another thought as well: could we continue this as a group project-type thing after the actual contest is over. Obviously, people can still build podracers, but it would be cool if they could be added to the folder/flickr pool or some other similar place. That way, people who are currently unable to build or those with multiple builds could still have their builds posted with the rest.

Just some thoughts...
The beauty of a LEGO MOC is not the elements that go into it, but the way those elements are put together.
theJudeAbides

Postby Solo » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:27 am

We can make a feature post with all the entry pics hosted locally and link to everyone's galleries, so in case those evaporate we'll still have them visible. Our new main page makes that easy to handle. Good idea.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby lowlylowlycook » Mon Mar 30, 2009 12:50 pm

Hey, I have two questions about the contest. It's based on just the one flicker image, correct? And is their a limit to what resolution that image can be?
lowlylowlycook

Postby Solo » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:03 pm

No, the voting is supposed to be based on the pod-racer itself. You're supposed to post a single picture to enter the contest but more are encouraged to show off your build.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby lowlylowlycook » Mon Mar 30, 2009 1:11 pm

Cool. Thanks!
lowlylowlycook

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:29 am

Revisiting the minimalist theme - would this be a valid entry?

The engines are 100% organ(a)ic, just don't ask how they create the beam...
Gingerbeard Man

Postby Big C » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:32 am

We have a winner!
Big C

Postby Erdbeereis » Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:08 pm

That has to at least win an honorary prize. XD
Erdbeereis

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:47 pm

That... oddly qualifies.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Blackninjatom » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:17 pm

question, will the votes be added up after the three laps or are they all taken separately?
Blackninjatom

Postby Solo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 1:31 pm

It's cumulative.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Previous

Return to Contests & Community Builds