Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Nickelodeon's TMNT Cartoon

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Nickelodeon's TMNT Cartoon

Postby onions » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:18 am

shellriaser makes a comeback!

onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:57 pm

okay, that was simultaneouslyone of the coolest and most disgusting episodes yet. that stealth shell pursuit set? totally get it now.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Mon Mar 18, 2013 12:50 pm

no new episode this week. ::supersadface::
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 1:38 pm

onions wrote:okay, that was simultaneouslyone of the coolest and most disgusting episodes yet. that stealth shell pursuit set? totally get it now.

WTFudge. I can only imagine what kids think about this show! I thought Pigeon Pete was nasty, but the Cockroach Terminator takes the cake hands down. The fact that they ran it over, and it still lived...soo wrong. I still trying to figure out which version is worse...the post ooze one or the post exoskeleton one.

Love this show.
Gooker1

Postby onions » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:38 pm

post exo without a doubt. once that white blobby mass took flight i found myself covering my mouth with my hand. and that mouth. YEEESSHHHHHHHHH

but the stealth shell? c'mon, how bad sarlacc was that?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:28 am

Stealth shell was awesome...wish the Lego set was a bit more accurate. Love how they have the go carts pop out of the Shellraiser.

Once the cockroach started to fly, it got really trippy. The cockroach was so well drawn it was nasty. Poor Raph. :)
Gooker1

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:11 pm

we just watched the episode yesterday and I pretty sure I saw Raph use a manhole cover shooter on the Shellraiser a la the old pizza shooting Party Wagon. I'm not crazy right, I did see that?

Actually, I am crazy, but still think it should have been built into the SR set.
buriedbybricks

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 8:23 am

buriedbybricks wrote:we just watched the episode yesterday and I pretty sure I saw Raph use a manhole cover shooter on the Shellraiser a la the old pizza shooting Party Wagon. I'm not crazy right, I did see that?

Actually, I am crazy, but still think it should have been built into the SR set.

Yup! There's a manhole cover shooter that he uses to shoot the cockroach! Love how the last one hits it in the roach's crotch after he was already out. Love me some Raph!!
Gooker1

Postby Tolkien » Wed Mar 27, 2013 4:58 pm

Cockroach Terminator was awesome! Is anyone else wanting a set with the drill and a massive cockroach? XD
Tolkien

Postby commodorelegolas » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:03 pm

Can't wait for the new episode!
commodorelegolas

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:38 am

Great little episode this past Friday. Nice to see them mixing it up and having them fight w/ Dogpound & Fishface. We also got a little back story on Fishface too and see April get a weapon!
Gooker1

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:49 am

That was a good episode! I like the whole Karai storyline. And I like how twice in one episode, they are caught in a dead end by one of their greatest enemies, only to be saved by an aerial attack from another enemy.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby onions » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:29 am

Yeah, I'd have to say that was probably the best episode. Being a cartoon on Nick, I'm surprised at how deep the character development goes. Karai seems to be the real rogue, having no place or group she really feels like she belongs to; and try as she might to prove her worth to the turtles, they can't see past their initial impression. i'm starting to feel bad for her.

anyone else think there'll be an eventual showdown between karai and april?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:42 am

There's definitely a lot of depth in these shows. I just wished Nick had a more consistent schedule w/ this show. But now they're hitting the homestretch so it doesn't look like there are anymore breaks to the season finale.

I would loooove to see Lego do an exclusive for whenever season one hits dvd/blu-ray. I really dig this show as much as I do anything on network/cable tv. I'm gonna be sad when the season is over.
Gooker1

Postby onions » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

Gooker1 wrote:But now they're hitting the homestretch so it doesn't look like there are anymore breaks to the season finale.

spoke too soon! no new episode this week or next :(
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:52 pm

so i didn't realize this, but the last week's tmnt episode aired on saturday and not friday, titled Karai's Vendetta. and that show down i was talking about? it happened! anyone else's dvr catch it on the new time?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:29 am

Aw crap. I thought I was all caught up. I look forward to seeing that though, especially given April's new weapon...
buriedbybricks

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:27 pm

onions wrote:so i didn't realize this, but the last week's tmnt episode aired on saturday and not friday, titled Karai's Vendetta. and that show down i was talking about? it happened! anyone else's dvr catch it on the new time?

Good call Ace!! I was expecting an epic showdown, but it was still a good showdown.

I liked the sea monster squeezing on the turtle sub. "We're not that kind of turtle!" Was a little bummed we didn't get to hear Mikey try to name it.
Gooker1

Postby Gooker1 » Wed May 15, 2013 10:56 am

Anyone see the return of Pulverizer Saturday? Such a great cartoon.
Gooker1

Postby onions » Wed May 29, 2013 10:38 pm

I caught this one. it was so tragic. and right near the end, i really had to wonder who exactly this cartoon was made for.

Spoiler: show
sure, there's a bit of comic relief in the idea that a mutated blob form of pulverizer is going to be trapped in a test tube for the rest of his life. but lying just below that thin layer of comedy lies a very tragic story of a fool who despite the help donatello was giving him, would get what he wanted but didn't turn out the way he had hoped. he was blind to how the foot was manipulating him all in the name of being a double agent.

there's something oddly familiar about this episode's plot and how it played out, like i've seen it in another show or movie or read about it somewhere else but i can't quite put my finger on it...

i found this episode especially enjoyable. kids will think it's a goofy cartoon with weird looking monsters. but for adults if you look deep enough, and you don't have to make any huge stretches of imagination, there is a surprising amount of depth.
onions
Founder
Founder

PreviousNext

Return to Licensed Themes