Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Announcing TMNV: Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes contest

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Re: Announcing TMNV: Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes contest

Postby Nolan Denek » Fri Mar 15, 2013 7:59 am

From the contest rules: "No custom parts, decals, paint, sharpie markings, or any other foreign object will be allowed."

I presume that "official" decals from the Turtles sets are allowed as long as they are not cut, or modified. Correct?

Thank you,

Nolan Denek
Nolan Denek

Postby Solo » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:03 am

Correct.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby aemil » Sat Mar 16, 2013 5:50 am

Hello people! Once again a great contest!
I thought I could go microscale on this one, since I don't have any turtle's sets (yet), so I decided to make my own Michelangelo using a mushroom for his shell :p
I've built the party wagon as I remember it from the time I was a bit microscale...
Well, this is my entry:

Just above NY's sewers, Michelangelo "accidentally" parks the party wagon outside the pizza store...

TMNT microscale Vignette I by aemil.toe, on Flickr

A closer look:

TMNT microscale Vignette II by aemil.toe, on Flickr

And the party wagon with the roof removed, Michelangelo on the wheel and an XXL pizza at the back...

TMNT microscale Vignette Party Wagon by aemil.toe, on Flickr

Any comments are more than welcome! Thanks again for this contest, I had some fun building the vignette.
Good luck to everyone!
quod erat demonstrandum
my flickr
aemil

Postby Midi » Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:36 pm

Hi guys, great entries so far... here's mine.. TMNT VS TechnoDrome in microscale, (since I dont have any TMNT sets yet)
The turtles face to face with the Technodrome in the Earth's core, so ive added some magma flowing beneath it.

TMNT VS Technodrome by m1di, on Flickr

for more photos : http://www.flickr.com/photos/m1di/with/ ... 8567257430

Hope it adheres to the rules listed and hope you guys like it, had fun building it and thanks FBTB for the awesome competition.. good luck guys :)
Last edited by Midi on Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midi

Postby FoggyNelson » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:32 am

Hello all! This is my contest entry. It is inspired by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993). It is a loose adaptation.

FBTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Entry: Mikey's Return I by Hobbes the Majestic, on Flickr

FBTB Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Entry: Mikey's Return II by Hobbes the Majestic, on Flickr

Down the rabbit hole... by Hobbes the Majestic, on Flickr

Here's the description I put on my Flickr photos:

SPOILERS BELOW

My entry into the FBTB TMNT vignette contest. It is inspired by Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III (1993). I chose to use that movie as my inspiration because I have fond memories of watching it as a child. This vignette depicts the scene in which the turtles come forward in time to return home. More specifically, it is the part where Mikey must return by unspecified other means after missing the return window. I included the scepter in old Japan, where Mikey is, and one in April's hands. The room itself is a combination of two rooms within the turtles' abandoned subway base from TMNT III. The room 1 modeled it after is the subway platform which contains Master Splinter's subway car-home. There are also, in the film, sewers which connect to the subway station. I couldn't tell you why if I wanted to. Anyhow, one of those sewer areas is circular with a ladder leading up to a manhole cover. I just put the ladder and manhole cover on the subway platform. Splinter is standing in the subway car, if you missed it. New Yorkers/Bostoners/Anywhere-else-with-a-subway-system-ers: note the subway-accurate yellow strip at the edge of the platform. I would have used a plate but that would have restricted the doors on the subway cars. Also, the manhole cover appearing in the grassy field in Japan is my interpretation of what it looked like: Mikey doesn't actually see that in the movie.

EDIT: Just realized I forgot to compliment everyone who's entered so far! So many great entries. My personal favorite is the "Without Honor."
FoggyNelson

Postby Timber Jackalope » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:14 pm

My entry-LOST

Quoth Donatello: “This precisely illustrates the reason why I WILL NEVER TAKE DIRECTIONS FROM MIKEY AGAIN!”
LOST by Timber Jackalope, on Flickr

The back
LOST (Back) by Timber Jackalope, on Flickr

A humongous thanks to FBTB for this great contest!
Timber Jackalope

Postby br.ckfaced » Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:41 am

TMNT Vignette by br.ckfaced, on Flickr

Here's my submission. I hope it conforms to the rules. :) The base is approximately 12 by 15 studs wide with some overhang.
br.ckfaced

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:46 am

Timber Jackalope wrote:My entry-LOST

You do realize that it's allowed to be up to 16x16, right? It doesn't have to be just 8x8. Just checkin'.
Ultron32

Postby Timber Jackalope » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:45 pm

Ultron32 wrote:

You do realize that it's allowed to be up to 16x16, right? It doesn't have to be just 8x8. Just checkin'.

Yeah I did know that, but thanks for checking!
Timber Jackalope

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:12 pm

Timber Jackalope wrote:
Ultron32 wrote:

Yeah I did know that, but thanks for checking!

K, just thought it looked like you were trying pretty hard to fit it there, so I thought I'd check.
Ultron32

Postby DanBinks » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:40 pm

My entry is based on episode of the 2003 cartoon. Which turned out (like a lot of that show) to be an adaptation of a comics story. http://turtlepedia.wikia.com/wiki/The_Return_of_Savanti_Romero
The Turtles and their friend Renet, the Apprentice Timestress have gone back to the late Cretaceous to stop the banished Sorcerer Savanti Romero from destroying humanity. With the help of Mikey's new friend "Zog" the Triceratops, Savanti's T-Rex has been defeated, but he's now getting away on a Pteranodon!

NinjaTurtlesVignette by DanBinks, on Flickr

Its hard to tell in the picture but, the Pteranodon's wings are less than one stud over the edge of the base. There is a picture on my flickr demonstrating it.
DanBinks

Postby Nolan Denek » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:21 pm

For the contest:

Shown below is my three tier submission for the 16x16 stud vignette contest. The dimensions on each side are 16 studs, with no overhang on each side. I have included three pictures below for the contest, as well as the link to the album on my Flickr account for extra shots.

Backstory:

Shredder and the Kraang have teamed up, and are trying to poison the water supply by disabling the water filter stations in the sewers. Can they stop them before Antonio's pizza shop suffers from the contamination?

Contest Pictures:

Photo 1:
IMG_5376 by Nolan Denek, on Flickr

Photo 2:
IMG_5385 by Nolan Denek, on Flickr

Photo 3:
IMG_5366 by Nolan Denek, on Flickr

More Pictures on Flikr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/65385686@N03/sets/72157633091406248/with/8590893086/

Thank you, it was a fun build and contest!

- Nolan Denek
Nolan Denek

Postby BlackFalconBirdman » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:15 pm

Just for clarification:
I understand that we can only have 16 studs+ 1stud overhang on a side. If we have less than 16x16 (ex12x12) we are allowed more overhang correct?
Basically my build is finished, but re-reading the rules made me nervous...
BlackFalconBirdman

Postby 717dif » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:57 pm

posting.php?mode=reply&f=14&t=9090#
Entry name: Foot attack

What's happening is the four turtles are about to be defeated by the foot clan.
My inspiration comes for the 2012 cartoons The Gauntlet when there is an ooze bomb like the one in the episode.I have a ooze container that is spilled,pizza box and,I have a ninja star like if it was thrown by a foot.

[flickr=]Image
IMG_4492 by diego_ferrer, on Flickr[/flickr]
Last edited by 717dif on Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
717dif

Postby Darth Dee » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:43 pm

Foot Clan Turtle Trap Foiled!

The Foot Clan is using the Turtles love of pizza as a trap to capture them and bring them to Shredder. They have opened Foot Clan Pizza and installed a trap door in front of the pick-up counter. Unfortunately for the Foot Clan the Turtles didn't use the front door!

This entry is not based off any known TMNT movie scenes or TV episodes.

FTTF1 by DarthDee, on Flickr

FTTF2 by DarthDee, on Flickr

FTTF3 by DarthDee, on Flickr

More pictures available at:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/69304039@N ... 089795411/
Darth Dee

Postby Solo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:37 am

BlackFalconBirdman wrote:Just for clarification:
I understand that we can only have 16 studs+ 1stud overhang on a side. If we have less than 16x16 (ex12x12) we are allowed more overhang correct?
Basically my build is finished, but re-reading the rules made me nervous...

As long as you keep it within a 16x16ish stud box you're fine.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby JoseCejudo » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:22 pm

Leo Vs Raph (Nightwatcher)

Hi everybody, here is my entry based on the TMNT 2007 film when Leo fights Nightwatcher:

Leo Vs Raph (Nightwatcher) by José Cejudo, on Flickr

Leo kicking Nightwatcher's helmet by José Cejudo, on Flickr

Raph Vs Leo by José Cejudo, on Flickr

More pictures available at:
Leo Vs Raph (Nightwatcher) Album

Thanks for the contest!
JoseCejudo

Postby Jake's Oy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:24 am

Several people have posted pics of a scene and the pics are different as if showing a scene over time. Is that what is desired?

I've never made a vignette. I have some ideas that I like, but some of them I would build something to take a pic from a very specific angle to achieve the effect I was looking for. To me thats almost making the contest about photography as much as the actual build. I have a couple ideas that could stand up on there own from any angle, but the ones I think would be cooler would only look good if looked at from the right angle.
Jake's Oy

Postby hatcher » Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:03 pm

Wow, some of these entries are so complex. Mine feels a little inadequate in comparison. "Size matters not." Okay Yoda, I'll enter anyway.

So here's my entry. Donatello and Michelango just wanted to go pick up a pizza and a newspaper for Master Splinter. Of course, nothing ruins your trip to the surface like a mutant tentacled sewer monster waiting for you when you get back.

Front View:
IMG_0731 by hatcherman, on Flickr

From the side:
IMG_0730 by hatcherman, on Flickr

And other side:
IMG_0729 by hatcherman, on Flickr

There is no overhang, unless the motorcycle or blue box have slid a bit. I hope you enjoy.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Solo » Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:16 pm

Jake's Oy: When the polls go up it will have the first shot you post. That single photo is what most people will use to decide. Any other shots from other angles are just to show off some parts that may not be visible from the main shot or to prove that it meets the requirements.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

PreviousNext

Return to Contests & Community Builds