Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Preview Yoda Chronicles Book, Exclusive Minifig

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Preview Yoda Chronicles Book, Exclusive Minifig

Postby Staff » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:37 am

Yoda Chronicles Book Cover

In a move that should surprise no one reading this, USA Today has been given an exclusive sneak peek of the upcoming Yoda Chronicles book that accompanies the upcoming animated series. included in the book is of course, in classic DK fashion, an exclusive minifigure, and the minifig is of none other than a Special Forces Commander Clone Trooper. You can pre-order LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles from Amazon right now for $10.80, 43% off the cover price of $18.99. And with their pre-order price guarantee, should the price drop between the time you order and the ship date, you will get the lower price. Book is scheduled to ship on or around July 15.

Special Forces Commander Clone Trooper Special Forces Commander Clone Trooper

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/03/15/preview-yoda-chronicles-book-exclusive-minifig/
Staff

Re: Preview Yoda Chronicles Book, Exclusive Minifig

Postby chabala » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:54 am

I don't know if that helmet is representative of the cartoon, but it sure looks hard to see out of.
Last edited by chabala on Sat Mar 16, 2013 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chabala

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 1:06 pm

Preordered!!
Gooker1

Postby wyldjedi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:06 pm

I am getting a little tired of all these non Lego sets (books/videogames/promotions/etc) with exclusive minifigures included. Some of the products they are combined with are not bad but I found that many of them I was buying for the figure more than what they were bundled with. And don't get me started on the limited production figures like the SDCC super heroes, the TMNT exclusives and such. Am I going overboard? I know I tend to, but I also think Lego focuses way too much on minifigures as a selling point.
wyldjedi

Postby Mister Ed » Fri Mar 15, 2013 4:31 pm

Well, of course, from LEGO's standpoint, if someone like you (or I, I've done it in at least one case) are willing to buy stuff just to get a bundled, exclusive figure, why on Earth would they STOP doing it? If you want them to stop, buying the stuff then complaining about it won't likely help.

Again, I've done that myself, so I'm not trying to pick on you. I'm just acknowledging that, if I don't like them putting exlusive figs in other items, I'm behaving counter to my interests to buy those products.

The Comic Con exclusives are the ones I REALLY don't get. I fail to see what benefit LEGO derives from those that is greater than the benefit they would derive from allowing more than a tiny fraction of their consumer base to actually pay to purchase said "exclusive" figs from them.
Mister Ed

Postby wyldjedi » Fri Mar 15, 2013 6:26 pm

I hear ya Mister Ed. I guess I really have not bought all that many of these things as I had thought, but I still bought them and I am more annoyed with myself that I did. I haven't bought any in a while so I have learned. I guess it just riles me up seeing Lego do it so blatantly and so often now. Even the Hobbit blue-ray has a minifig included and that product itself has nothing to do with Lego, at least directly. Oh well, done ranting. Long day at work and not enough beer in the fridge
wyldjedi

Postby sparkart » Sat Mar 16, 2013 9:06 am

When I was a kid, I'd shop for breakfast cereals by first looking for the cool plastic toy in the box. Do kid's cereals even offer plastic toys, anymore? Point is, it's done to please the real target consumers of these goods, and how else are you going to get kids and parents to buy books and media? The can read what's on the internet, on their e-book and watch pirated videos.

I'm pretty indifferent toward minifigs, but I have to admit I like the helmet on this one.
sparkart

Postby hatcher » Sat Mar 16, 2013 12:51 pm

No, plastic toys are not found in cereal anymore. The US has some wacky rule about toys and food not being sold together. That's why Kinder Eggs are banned in the USA.

Back to the topic, I bought both of the Star Wars books that had minifigures in them, and the Batman one, but passed on the Harry Potter ones. I do plan to get the collectible Minifigure book, but I don't have any interest in this particular figure.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:31 am

No, there are still plastic toys in US cereal. It just doesn't happen all the time. Usually it is some kind of tie-in to a movie or TV show when it does happen. If there is some rule about it, it may be where in the box it appears. I know that it used to be that it was always buried in the cereal, but sometimes now it is found outside the bag that holds the cereal.
Mister Ed

LEGO Star Wars: The Yoda Chronicles

Postby nyjpapi » Tue May 14, 2013 9:08 am

Publication date: July 15, 2013

Includes an exclusive minifigure!

Relive Yoda's adventures in the LEGO® Star Wars® galaxy with this all new format from DK.

The first in a brand-new series, LEGO Star Wars: Yoda Chronicles features themed spreads based on the legendary Yoda's adventures, from his leadership of the Jedi council and his duels with Count Dooku and Darth Sidious, to his support of the Wookiees in the Clone Wars and his training of Luke on Dagobah. Specially commissioned photography shows minifigures and vehicles in action, with tons of storylines and facts that kids will love.
nyjpapi

Postby Solo » Tue May 14, 2013 3:58 pm

hatcher wrote:The US has some wacky rule about toys and food not being sold together.
Correction: it's a wacky rule about being sold inside each other. Go look up ChocoTreasure for the loophole threading alternative to Kinder eggs that popped up recently
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Return to Star Wars