Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[TMNT] The Fall of Oroku Saki

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[TMNT] The Fall of Oroku Saki

Postby buriedbybricks » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:01 am

My entry for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes Contest.

I knew I wanted to do this scene from the moment the contest launched, but I had to make a few modifications to fit everything I wanted into it. I felt the building would look to plain without the fire escape which is actually in front of the next three windows to the left in the film, so I moved them over. In this new version, Shredder lands on the railing and breaks his back before tumbling into the garbage truck and we are spared the terrible second movie. Yay!

I was a huge TMNT fan as a kid which started with the comics and spread to the TV show. I can't tell you how excited I was to see the movie when I first heard the announcement and I wasn't disappointed. I know many don't like one medium or another, but to me the movie still holds up where the cartoon does not. It was cursed with being influenced by the era it was made, but otherwise its dark and at times edgy look proves that you can make a childrens movie and still make a mature well crafted film. (Don't get me wrong, it's no masterpiece)

I stand by this film and watched it with my son last weekend as inspiration to build this and we both agreed that my entry needed to have a working garbage compactor and there should be flick-fire missiles. Done and done as the Shredder is flung from his precarious position by a flick-fire hidden behind a 1x1 tile in the buildings brick work. I still prefer the original comics, but I was lucky enough to see this movie in B&W years ago and (as is the case with quite a few movies) I prefer it this way.

T.U.R.T.L.E. Power!
buriedbybricks

Re: [TMNT] The Fall of Oroku Saki

Postby onions » Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:50 pm

"In this new version, Shredder lands on the railing and breaks his back before tumbling into the garbage truck and we are spared the terrible second movie. Yay!"

i laughed.

you may need to resubmit your first pic since it contains graphics and was photomanipulated (converted to b&w). I'll let don be the bad guy on this one though.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Mar 12, 2013 4:43 pm

This is the MOC showcase, I submitted pics within the guidelines in the contest thread.

You'll have to try harder then that to disqualify me this time ;)
buriedbybricks

Postby onions » Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:02 pm

:x i am soooooooooooo stupid. i thought i was in the other thread.
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase