Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary

Postby HothTrooper » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:21 pm

Amazon.com has updated their listing for LEGO Star Wars: The Visual DictionaryImage with a preliminary cover. The book is now available for pre-order at the price of $14.95 for release on September 21. It weighs in at 96 pages and, according to the cover, it's set to come with an exclusive minifgure.

I'm looking forward to this one. I'm a fan of DK's previous Star Wars Visual Dictionaries (and obviously LEGO Star Wars ;)), so this one's a must buy for me. Plus, exclusive minifigures are always cool.

edit by onions: added fbtb's referral link
Last edited by Draykov on Mon Nov 02, 2009 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: condense title
HothTrooper

Re: New Info on LEGO Star Wars: The Visual Dictionary

Postby Pdragon » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:52 pm

Hmm...that fig looks interesting, who do you suppose it is? Looks like a Jedi...I'd say Kyle Katarn, but he doesn't have blond hair... maybe another variant of Luke?
Pdragon

Postby Teekay » Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:53 pm

It says right there, minifigure design is not final.

~Sam (Teekay)
I don't know why I dropped back here again lately. LEGO can no longer hold my interest, and I'm almost certainly gone forever. Bye to all who remember me.
Teekay

Location: Haven't been on in nearly a year. Probably gone forever. Nostalgia brought me back one last time.

Postby Morgan19 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:10 pm

If you click on the cover and then zoom in, apart from "minifigure image not final" it also says it's Luke Skywalker:

m19
Morgan19

Postby Draykov » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:22 pm

I'm crossing my fingers for a medal ceremony Luke figure, but I'm bound to be let down on that one.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Pdragon » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:52 pm

Wow. I fail. Sorry. But, yeah, a medal ceremony Luke would be cool.
Pdragon

Postby HothTrooper » Mon Mar 23, 2009 7:11 pm

The color of the minifig torso in the preliminary pic reminds me of the effect on the spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi figure from Hasbro's 30th Anniversary Collection. It has that same weird sheen to it and it's a similar shade of brown. The patter on the torso looks like Jedi robes, too. I'm probably grasping at straws here though since it's just a preliminary pic.
HothTrooper

Postby ki-adi-windu » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Anyone else notice that they mislabeled Chewbacca as a Wookiee warrior? He doesn't wear a headdress and he doesn't have his trademark bandolier.
ki-adi-windu

Postby etcknight » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:00 pm

This Will Be Awesome!! :lol:
etcknight

Postby CoR3Bu » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:20 am

Sweet! >:) I am so getting this! :O Awesome new Luke Skywalker fig! :D
I will probably get this and trash my other real Star Wars dictionaries.

Colonel Reaginal Bulstrode, to attention men! >:(
CoR3Bu

Postby liquidcross » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:53 am

This'll be one hell of a coffee table book. Must have! Even if it didn't come with an exclusive minifig, I'd still buy it.
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby Artizan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:44 am

luke wears anakin's ep3 robes. also notice that vader's tie is the model from 1999.
Artizan

Postby Darth's Daddy » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:08 am

Anybody else notice that the Darth Vader figure on the cover is battle damaged (Like from ROTJ)?
It looks different from the Rogue Shadow damaged Vader.
Was this figure included in the Death Star set, or is this a hint at a future figure coming out soon?
Darth's Daddy

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 8:30 am

I'm not sure it's hinting at anything; the only real difference is that the one on the cover is wearing the regular helmet (and some slight differences in the weight of the lines' strokes):

m19
Morgan19

Postby brownie69yov4 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:02 am

When i saw it was $14 i got nervous... I was thinking it was going to be a cheap (but fantastic) add on to the previous book, but that is just the amazon sale price, off of $20, the price of the original visual dictionary...and boy do i love that book

if the original is any indication of what we will see I am betting on the following

Intro to the licensing agreement

Prototype pictures

a page with pictures of alternate builds of other sets...or maybe a page where you can build something entirely new out of your pieces

and I am hoping that one page will be dedicated to future sets, some that we haven't seen yet, obviously this doesn't come out for another 6 months, so by then we will most likely have seen some pics of Jan 2010 sets.

Mini figure is interesting, I'll most likely order from Amazon to secure that figure instead of try at store and make sure the fig isn't stolen

cannot wait, DK does incredible books

br()wnie
brownie69yov4

Postby bigospedros » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:10 am

I'm amused that we're ripping several elements of the front cover to pieces already ... I'm willing to bet that this book will have errors and there'll be several threads on those errors when the book comes out ... and very amusing they will be too! :lol: I'm particularly looking forward to the statement of "I could've written a better book than this" etc.

Anyways ... I'm gonna pre-order as it looks cool and an exclusive fig (assuming that's what it is) is too good an opportunity to miss out on :)
Last edited by bigospedros on Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby liquidcross » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:08 am

bigospedros wrote:I'm amused that we're ripping several elements of the front cover to pieces already ... I'm willing to get that this book will have errors and there'll be several threads on those errors when the book comes out ... and very amusing they will be too! :lol: I'm particularly looking forward to the statement of "I could've written a better book than this" etc.

It's what nerds do! The book could be rife with errors, and we'll still enjoy the hell out of it. :D
(and don't forget Text and Violence)
liquidcross

Postby onions » Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:17 am

Draykov wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for a medal ceremony Luke figure, but I'm bound to be let down on that one.

totally agree with draykov. looks like ceremony luke.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Exposition » Wed Mar 25, 2009 2:46 am

gorram, this year is getting so much expensive, whatever, I need it.
September is so long to wait for it.
A medal would be cool, but what would it look like, a flat one or (what I prefer) a 3D one with this minifig inside!?
They told me "One size fits all" - but this is ridiculous!
Exposition

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:25 pm

onions wrote:
Draykov wrote:I'm crossing my fingers for a medal ceremony Luke figure, but I'm bound to be let down on that one.

totally agree with draykov. looks like ceremony luke.

True, though I would think, if that were the case, the inclusion of the lightsaber would be a bit odd. I mean, SURE, he OWNED one at that point, but he didn't appear to have it on him during the ceremony...
Mister Ed

Next

Return to Star Wars