Teenage Mutant Ninja Vignettes Contest by fbtb, on Flickr
Vignette maximum dimensions are 16x16 with unlimited height. We will allow some overhang of at most 1 stud on each side. Don't try and be smart and place an 18x18 vignette on top of a 16x16 base. You'll just be immediately disqualified.
Vignette must feature at least one character from the TMNT universe.
Vignette can be any scale: micro, minifigure, miniland. And if you can create a cool miniland-scale vignette on a 16x16 base, you deserve a special prize anyway (there's no actual prize for this, I'm just saying).
Figures in Vignette can be custom made, but you must use official LEGO parts and elements. No custom parts, decals, paint, sharpie markings, or any other foreign object will be allowed.
How to enter:
Submit at least one and up to three photo(s) to the contest thread. If you submit more than one, your first image will be used for the voting ballot.
- Submission window starts now until 11:59pm PST Sunday March 31, 2013.
- Voting will be open from April 1 through April 7, 2013.
- Only one round of voting.
1st: 1 copy of 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase, 1 copy of Limited Edition DVD set
2nd: 1 copy of 79103 Turtle Lair Attack
3rd: 1 copy of 79105 Baxter Robot Rampage
- Standard Contest Restrictions:
- No more than one entry per person.
- No modified parts or cut stickers.
- No unofficial elements.
- No pre-existing or virtual models.
- No changes allowed after the deadline.
- Simply post your submission photos in a reply to this thread before the deadline.
- You must have a forum account to enter. Entries by proxy will be not be allowed.
- Optional: include a link to a gallery or MOC Showcase post with more images.
- Do not post non-entry photos to the contest thread unless you want to be disqualified.
You must use Flickr to host your entry pictures because we rely on the built in image resizing feature. If you do not have an account, you can sign up for free, or ask someone to upload it for you. Once uploaded you will need to embed the photo in the forum. To do so:
- go to the flickr photo page for your image
- click the Share button
- click "Grab the HTML/BBCode" from that drop down menu
- check the bubble next to "BBCode" (HTML will not work) and select "Medium" for the image size
- copy the code from the box above and paste that into a reply here
- do not add any more code tags
- click Preview to verify that it worked, then Submit.
Photography note: be sure to submit the best pictures possible. Color and contrast correction is recommended if necessary. The only other image enhancement allowed is replacing the background with either a solid color or simple gradient. Your photo cannot be altered in any other way. For example; no composite views, special effects, text, graphics, or scenery will be permitted. Remember, the contest is about the models - not your image manipulation prowess.