Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Alice Finch's Hogwarts Castle

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

Alice Finch's Hogwarts Castle

Postby Staff » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:13 pm

Hogwarts

A few years ago when I attended Brickcon up in Seattle, I think it was 2011, there was this gigantic Hogwarts display built by Alice Finch. At the time, the roof on the main spire wasn't complete, instead having a sand green paper roof in its place but despite that, it was really, REALLY impressive. Alice has finished the castle now and won both Best in Show and People's Choice honors at Brickcon 2012, a rare feat for one MOC to win both. It is just now making its official debut online and The Brothers Brick has an in depth interview with Alice. I invite you to read up on the interview and check out the flickr set for all the professional quality photographs. There's a ton of details, and I don't think Alice has left anything out.

I feel bad for anyone who's building a Hogwarts layout of their own. As this is sure to kill those endeavors. Sorry, Tohst.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/26/alice-finchs-hogwarts-castle/
Staff

Re: Alice Finch's Hogwarts Castle

Postby sparkart » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:03 pm

Got a Red 2 feeling when I saw the photo of the artist next to this monumental build. This really is AWE-mazing, not just the size, but all the little scenes and stories throughout. Wow.
sparkart

Postby Tohst » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:18 pm

This is gorgeous and I can't help but think it will color my building if I ever get back to my Hogwarts.

But I'm going to be zen about it and just appreciate it for its beauty and be amazed at the little touches.

Little Robot Duplo plants! I mean, wow!.

-Tohst.
Tohst
Staff Writer

Postby daevster » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:47 pm

Please let me pick up my jaw from the ground... I think it just fell off my face...
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby wegj » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:26 pm

I saw this at BrickCon in Seattle last year, actually the last two years as it's been evolving. This is one of the most amazing minifig sized builds I've ever seen.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Andi » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:48 am

I already saw the 'unfinished' at BrickCon 2011. It was amazing and fantastic.
Now the whole thing - AWESOME!!
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby bigospedros » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:56 am

There are no words that can adequately describe how amazing this model is ... :shock: :cool:
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby lowlead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:55 am

Holy guacamole! :shock:

Not a big potter fan, but I've seen enough of the films to know that the detail and effort Alice put into this MOC borderlines on...obsessive - just the kind of creation I like most! I can spend hours looking at those photos, which are very well done, I might add. This project is right up there with Marshal Banana's sandcrawler...truly epic in scale and detail!

Hey Alice, can you build Minas Tirith next?? :D
lowlead

Postby Talia » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:24 pm

absolutely stunning!
Talia

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase