Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Iron Man 3 Sets Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: Iron Man 3 Sets Revealed

Postby sparkart » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:17 am

Heh-heh, it's funny if you think about it, but the Iron Man suits were originally built in a garage. A well-equipped garage, but a garage, nevertheless.

The Mandarin's combat cart is funny, but it's good enough for kids, I bet. I do appreciate that you can get the different armors with the smaller sets.

Building Stark's Hall of Armor is going to be as popular a past-time as building Bat-Caves, soon, no?
Last edited by sparkart on Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sparkart

Postby LikeABossk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:23 pm

I'm curious about the Mansion. Pepper is apparently wearing the armor on the box, and saving tony, but she has a seperate fig on the minifig list, so whose face is under the mask's face plate on the figure?
LikeABossk

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:46 pm

That'd be cool, but I don't think it's quite as interesting a build. The main draw of the HOA is the suits, whereas the Batcave has so much more in it. The vehicles, the souvenirs, the computer, the caverns. Still, I'd like to see a full mansion made =)

A full Tony's garage would be cool :P all the cars in there with the suits.
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Been looking at some of the Youtube IM3 reviews and Malibu Mandarin is a really nice minifig. I wish the beard was a bit less... friendly looking though. I'd also love to see the fig with Sumo Wrestler's top knot for more accuracy. It looks like it should fit, so unsure why they didn't use it. Seems almost like they want to keep some Minifigure series pieces exclusive to that theme.
CaptainFordo

Postby onions » Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:47 pm

LikeABossk wrote:I'm curious about the Mansion. Pepper is apparently wearing the armor on the box, and saving tony, but she has a seperate fig on the minifig list, so whose face is under the mask's face plate on the figure?

my theory?

Spoiler: show
when mandarin blows up the mansion, tony throws his bracelet onto pepper, making his armor suit up around her instead of him. the scene in the trailer where you see iron man fall into the ocean among the rubble, it's actually her cause she has no idea how to fly having never been in the armor before. I have no idea what happens to tony. maybe he has another bracelet.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:02 am

onions wrote:
LikeABossk wrote:I'm curious about the Mansion. Pepper is apparently wearing the armor on the box, and saving tony, but she has a seperate fig on the minifig list, so whose face is under the mask's face plate on the figure?

my theory?

Spoiler: show
when mandarin blows up the mansion, tony throws his bracelet onto pepper, making his armor suit up around her instead of him. the scene in the trailer where you see iron man fall into the ocean among the rubble, it's actually her cause she has no idea how to fly having never been in the armor before. I have no idea what happens to tony. maybe he has another bracelet.

Interesting, I really am not sure what to expect, but I like that.

Also @ likeabossk, the suit's main head is just a plain white head. So you can have it on display without having to use either of the civvie minifigs' heads.
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:30 am

Com has revealed concept art of what is very clearly the Heartbreaker armour
I'll just link rather than use photos since i'm on my phone and to avoid spoilers
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/iron_man/news/?a=74770
CaptainFordo

Postby CaptainFordo » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:20 pm

Not sure where to post availability stuff, but IM3 stuff is now available at the UK Shop at Home.
CaptainFordo

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes