Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UCS X-wing 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter Officially Leaked

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Re: UCS X-wing 10240 Red Five X-wing Starfighter Officially

Postby Inzane » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:45 am

TK Doom wrote:interesting, should i sell my extra 7191 that is mint in box now, because it will go down in value...

Its really too bad they are doing this.

I know what you mean... They're kind of killing the exclusivity of the collector series niche.

Should O-Pee-Chee go ahead and reprint Wayne Gretzky's rookie card? I mean, what the heck, not everyone that is interested in collecting hockey cards was around in 79/80 to buy one in a pack of gum, so... :O (extreme example)
Inzane

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 pm

You're making a mistake in thinking that Lego cares about maintaining aftermarket value. They care about selling sets. And it's not like they just rereleased the same model. It's all new, even the special canopy got updated, so the exclusivity remains. The card analogy is terrible no matter how you look at it. Apples to oranges.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby rmoore » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:28 pm

Play with toys; invest in the stock market.
rmoore

Postby DarthBuilder » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:10 pm

rmoore wrote:Play with toys; invest in the stock market.

Couldn't agree more. I don't get the second hand market or care, and neither should LEGO. No one should care if they refresh every UCS set. LEGO will never go and re-release 7191 in 2013, 2014, 2015, or ever. They are however releasing 10240, yes it's simular to 7191 but at the end of the day it's a new X-wing to compliment 7191 right next to it on someone's UCS shelf. For those that cry "so much for being an ultimate collector". Guess what? IF, IF you want to be a ultimate collector I'll see you in the checkout line with one 10240 tucked under your arm cause your buying it anyways XD .Bring on a new Falcon, Sail Barge, and Sandcrawler. I will buy, build, and PLAY with it. Just saying.
DarthBuilder

Postby crazybirdman » Sat Feb 23, 2013 9:55 am

You can invest in both, but just like the stock market, don't be surprised if things don't go your way.
crazybirdman

Postby FallenJedi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:27 pm

crazybirdman wrote:

You can invest in both, but just like the stock market, don't be surprised if things don't go your way.

Exactly.
FallenJedi

Postby Inzane » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:31 am

buriedbybricks wrote:They did reprint his rookie card, I have one.

They did?? Oh man, that's kinda funny. :lol: I just picked that as a random abscure example to demonstrate an absurb extreme.

re: Solo. I never said Lego cared about aftermarket value. THEY want to make money. They're a business. I get that.

While not a perfect analogy it is a similar scenario as when the comic and card companies almost killed their own collectors' communities 20 years ago. For cards it was more, more more... get more sets out. Print more of them. And charge more too, while they're at it. For comics suddenly every series needed a reboot or new side tie-in series with a LIMITED first edition, but wait they're printing FOUR alternate covers so you need to collect them all! :O Much of those things ended up being worthless. But if the publisher got their money by duping you into buying multiple copies of the same thing up front, they accomplished their mission. ;)
Inzane

Re: UCS X-wing 10240 Nose Mod

Postby lowlead » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:21 am

Here's my first draft of the new X-wing nose job. It's not perfect by any stretch, but I think it better captures the overall shape. I'm sure it will evolve as I attach it (try) to the actual model, but here are some pics....

thumbs are links:
lowlead

Postby onelogue » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:45 am

BUMP! Way excited to get this set. Got my $200 waiting. Only 2 weeks left! Woohoo.
onelogue

Previous

Return to Star Wars