Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Remedy for loose joints?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Remedy for loose joints?

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Fri Feb 08, 2013 9:21 pm

There comes sometimes when I find myself with a torso or hip that will let an arm or leg flop lifelessly in its connection. I don't know how this happens, but there seems to be some lack of grip in the parts. Is there any way to fix it?
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Re: Remedy for loose joints?

Postby JamesBenjamin » Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:50 am

In the action figure world, its standard to take apart the joint, paint the "inner" part (ie: the ball, not the socket) with clear nail polish, let it dry, then re-assemble. Some use a certain type of furniture polish. Haven't tried with Lego, but it does work on Transformers.
We are such stuff as manure is made of, so let's drink up and forget it... -Eugiene O'Neill
JamesBenjamin

Re: Remedy for loose joints?

Postby Studebricker » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:58 am

Not with Lego, but with action figures, I have added a little rubber cement to the joint and that helps add friction.
Studebricker

Return to General LEGO Discussions