Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Incom T-65 X-wing

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Incom T-65 X-wing

Postby Sydag » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:33 am

First of all, I absolutely cannot take all the credits for this moc.
I'd say about half of them goes to Mike Psiaki for his incredible model.

Well, of course, if you build a Tie fighter, you'll soon have the urge to have its most famous counterpart, so here it is. And well, it's now very difficult not to look at what Psiaki did while building your own. So I ended up picking what I liked the most, Including the whole nose and S-foils mechanism.

In the end I'm not completely satisfied with it. For instance the cockpit part looks very messy. But I do like it a lot in dark blue. I really didn't want to do another Red one, too mainstream I guess...^^

Full gallery on Flickr

[SW] Incom T-65 X-wing by Sydag, on Flickr
Sydag
Mashup Man

Re: [SW] Incom T-65 X-wing

Postby onions » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:40 am

are the color choices just substitutions until you get an order or are they permanent?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Sydag » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:26 am

Nope, I tried dark red actually, but i'm a bit tired of the rogue squadron ^^ thought it could be a bit more refreshing that way. You may be referring to the pearl gold parts too ; well at first it was indeed a replacement kind of thing, then I've been convinced by the look of it :D
Sydag
Mashup Man

Postby onions » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:23 pm

Yeah I don't mind the blue so much, but the pearl gold is a bit distracting. how did you do the s-foil mechanism? did mike ever show how that was done?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Sydag » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:20 am

Yes, Mike did show his mechanism in his intructions ; It consist in two pairs of longeron that go from one upper wing to the opposed lower one, and they rotate on the center. I just kept one pair, making my model a bit less sturdy, but allowing more space for detailing under the thrusters.
Sydag
Mashup Man

Postby onions » Fri Mar 15, 2013 11:43 pm

any chance you can link me to his instructions? i'd like to build one
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Sydag » Sat Mar 16, 2013 7:41 am

Sydag
Mashup Man