Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Lego Board Games Toy Fair Coverage

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Lego Board Games Toy Fair Coverage

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:30 pm

Both Batman and Lord of the Rings are getting board games this fall, with awesome microfig line-ups sure to please fans.

50003 Batman 50011 LotR The Battle of Helm's Deep
Those two sets mark the end of our licensed set coverage however, since the few new Superhero sets were under a photo embargo and TMNT had nothing new to report on unfortunately. We do have more coverage of Lego's original themes coming up tonight, as well as this board game that's part of the new Chima line.

50006 Legends Of Chima

The anthropomorphic characters don't work quite as well with printed faces alone, but it still looks fun and has some interesting parts for a decent price so it might be worth looking in to.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/10/lego-board-games-toy-fair-coverage/
Staff

Re: Lego Board Games Toy Fair Coverage

Postby drmnez » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:40 pm

Sooo getting the Batman game.
drmnez

Postby Iron Venom22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:54 pm

Photo embargo on SH sets? NOOOOOOO! Can you guys please remember things about the Man of Steel sets we have had leaked box pics of? I wanna know minfig variations and what the sets include, mainly the Samllville set.
Iron Venom22

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:41 pm

Well the Iron Man 3 leaks are still up over here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8988

As far as the Superman sets... I didn't get a good look at them and I'm not following the movie too closely so I have nothing helpful to report. I saw some knobbly looking grey flying vehicle, I think, and some guys that looked more at home in Star Wars than I would expect to be in that area. I'm sorry for being useless here. Comics are not my forte.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Iron Venom22 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:18 pm

Solo wrote:Well the Iron Man 3 leaks are still up over here: viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8988

As far as the Superman sets... I didn't get a good look at them and I'm not following the movie too closely so I have nothing helpful to report. I saw some knobbly looking grey flying vehicle, I think, and some guys that looked more at home in Star Wars than I would expect to be in that area. I'm sorry for being useless here. Comics are not my forte.

It's okay, did one of the Super heroes have a farm type build and was it named Smallville?
Iron Venom22

Postby Solo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:56 pm

I don't think so no. I did not notice anything overtly farm like or the title Smallville. Pretty sure it was all for the upcoming movie.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby buriedbybricks » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:03 am

The Smallville set focused on the big grey ship. The desing was ok, but what stood out to me was the use of two of the oval canopies in dark bley giving it a bubbly shape.

It looked like the same Zod in each set, but the two larger sets had armour that reminded me of the troopers fromthe TOR set and he had a cape in both iirc.

The Black Zero set had Lois Lane and I think she looks really good, reminded me of Amy Adams right off.

The rest of the figs were basically Kryptonian Troopers.
buriedbybricks

Postby Iron Venom22 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:30 am

buriedbybricks wrote:The Smallville set focused on the big grey ship. The desing was ok, but what stood out to me was the use of two of the oval canopies in dark bley giving it a bubbly shape.

It looked like the same Zod in each set, but the two larger sets had armour that reminded me of the troopers fromthe TOR set and he had a cape in both iirc.

The Black Zero set had Lois Lane and I think she looks really good, reminded me of Amy Adams right off.

The rest of the figs were basically Kryptonian Troopers.

I'm betting Supes is the same in all three sets.

Anthing else you remember.
Iron Venom22

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:18 pm

drmnez wrote:Sooo getting the Batman game.

Yes, the Batman games looks really sweet! Might go for the LotR game too, depending on what the gameplay is like.
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby mrjensmeister » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:09 am

Looks like the LOTR set will work with the Heroica theme
mrjensmeister

Postby LikeABossk » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:20 pm

These are some impressive microfigs. I love the little Uruks in Helm's Deep. What cute little bloodthirsty beasts they are.
LikeABossk

Return to Licensed Themes