Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Star Wars Toy Fair Coverage

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Star Wars Toy Fair Coverage

Postby Staff » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 pm

75020 Jabba's Sail Barge

Rest assured, we are working on the pictures taken at the Toy Fair LEGO event today and will be posting them by theme starting with Star Wars. Keep a close eye on the Flickr stream as the pictures and Sets trickle out and we'll be uploading videos at the end, highlighting some of the sets play features.

Put on a pot of coffee and chill the blue milk, it's going to be a long night.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/10/toy-fair-update/
Staff

Re: Star Wars Toy Fair Coverage

Postby wegj » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:41 pm

These new star wars sets are looking pretty sweet, filling in all the gaps that I missed out on in the mid-2000's. Sails barge, Jango Fett, Republic gunship that's NOT clone wars - woohoo!
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Margot » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:43 pm

Agree, I am really looking forward to the Gunship and the Sail Barge, and most of the other Star Wars as well.
Margot

Postby Zacherano » Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:46 pm

These pictures all look lovely. I always look to FBTB for the best toy fair pictures, and some of the best all around TLG model pictures (though Huw Millington takes the best individual minifigure pictures, you all get some of the first existing clear minifig pictures straight from the source). I am commenting more about the nature of the sets on the Brickset and Eurobricks forums, and perhaps in yours as well, as I am a new member.

I am writing to point out an error in your photo sets. When I was looking at the Republic Gunship photo set, I was quite surprised that there were no pictures of the new AotC Obi-Wan. Then, I found two pictures of him, back and front, nestled in the middle of the SW advent calendar photo set. This is an important change, and I am almost positive it is accurate.

I might add that in that same advent calendar photo set, there are two photos of what looks to be Commander Fox that also belong with the Republic Gunship set.

Thanks so much for all that you do!
Last edited by Zacherano on Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zacherano

Postby Flynn » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:12 pm

The Sail Barge looks pretty crap, though, and is immensely overpriced.

The rest of the line, surprisingly, looks really good. Especially the Gunship, which looks neat and affordable to boot.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Darth Jokar » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:40 pm

Well after watching the videos and pictures over and over, I can say that everything looks well. But what the heck is wrong with Lego? They didn't even include geonosians in any of the sets. And the lack of clone troopers is a gorram shame.
Get on your knee's and tell me you love me...
Darth Jokar

Postby rmoore » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

Flynn wrote:The rest of the line, surprisingly, looks really good. Especially the Gunship, which looks neat and affordable to boot.

$120? Looks great, but the one I got in '02 was $90 and came with 8 figures. I guess it all depends on the piece count.
rmoore

Postby Chosen One » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:06 am

Thanks for putting up all this images!
Chosen One

Postby Chosen One » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:10 am

I'm rather disappointed at the price of that Jek-14 set!

Lego really likes to take advantage of putting cool unique figures in expensive sets.
Chosen One

Postby rmoore » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:14 am

Chosen One wrote:I'm rather disappointed at the price of that Jek-14 set!

Lego really likes to take advantage of putting cool unique figures in expensive sets.

Pretty good business strategy.
rmoore

Postby Flynn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:19 am

Darth Jokar wrote:They didn't even include geonosians in any of the sets. And the lack of clone troopers is a gorram shame.

Wait...what?

rmoore wrote:$120? Looks great, but the one I got in '02 was $90 and came with 8 figures. I guess it all depends on the piece count.

Yeah, the original had 638 pieces where this one has 1175 (making it a slightly better deal). I was mostly comparing it to the last version, which was ten dollars more expensive and had less pieces.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby MrCRskater » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:15 pm

The new Sail Barge leaves much to be desired, I think. The new nose design, while a more accurate shape and angle, is inelegant to say the least. Same with the folding panels at the aft of the ship. Everything else, from the sails down to the interior, is virtually identical to the 2006 model, which is a real cop-out. As much as I love the Jabba stuff, I'll take a pass on this.

Also, thanks to Ace & Co. for the sweet coverage. We couldn't come to these conclusions without such an intimate look at all the new goods!
MrCRskater
Staff Writer

Postby Roarsack » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:15 am

Zacherano wrote:I might add that in that same advent calendar photo set, there are two photos of what looks to be Commander Fox that also belong with the Republic Gunship set.
He's just a random clone captain, not Fox.
Roarsack

Postby Morgan19 » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:32 am

rmoore wrote:Pretty good business strategy.

Maybe, but ever-rising prices with the promise of "cool!"er figures at the expese of less brick or increasingly sub-par models can only go on for so long before there's an eventual fallout with customers.
Morgan19

Postby naugem » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:24 am

I'm in for a gunship and a droid tank.
I'm still undecided about the AT-TE, as I have the previous version.
And I'll have to get some figures loose, specially the new Jedis and Ree-Yes.
naugem

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:52 pm

Zacherano wrote:I am writing to point out an error in your photo sets.
Pretty sure I was the one that messed that up when I was sorting my photos, thanks for pointing them out. I'll fix both once I'm home later tonight.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby bobalego » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:18 am

GRRRrrr is all I have to say. I am continuing to wonder if LEGO/Lucasfilm have any idea what old school fans want. I may be in the minority but if you were 5-10 years old in the late 1970's like me, some of your first action figures were "Hammerhead, Greedo, Snaggletooth and Walrus man." I know their true Star Wars names so please don't try to school me. Momaw Nadon is one of the most iconic characters in the Star Wars universe. Reeyees may be a close second, but in my mind I do not understand how we still do not have him. Before the behind the scenes stuff became important he was called "Hammerhead" Where is he?!? I also understand, LEGO not wanting to make a too detailed Cantina, but he has apeared in the Clone Wars or at least one of his race has...so please someone tell me I missed him mentioned or pictured in these toy fair photos...the custom one found when you search "hammerhead lego" on google looks realistically LEGO made...please tell me it is official...
bobalego

Postby Solo » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:31 am

There is no official Hammerhead figure yet. Lego does not care about old school fans, they care about selling sets. A huge cantina set with loads of new aliens would be all kinds of awesome, but it is equally unlikely I fear. Your best bet is to hope one of the Clone Wars Ithorian Jedi gets a figure like you mentioned.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Flynn » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Nah, it's not unlikely. We'd just get a set with 10 minifigures and 500-something pieces that would sell for 120 bucks.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Star Wars