Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Missing Bags

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

Missing Bags

Postby Dendo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:13 pm

So my wife bought two larger Ninjago sets (Sonic Raider and Fire Temple) at TRU that were on clearance for half off for my kiddos b-days. There was a label on the box that said "As is - figs missing". That was cool though because my kids already have a bajillion Ninjago figs and I figured they would like the sets anyway. Turns out the whole bag 1 was missing from both, which also included parts of the set (and half the fire dragon).

So I was wondering - is there any way to purchase just a bag from Lego? I don't want to call their service line and say the bag was stolen, because 1) I am sure they have never heard that one before and 2) it would be dishonest because we knew we were buying an uncomplete set.

I intend to call them anyway once the snow storm passes and their phone lines reopen, but I wondered if anyone has ever been able to replace a whole bag?
Dendo

Re: Missing Bags

Postby Solo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:00 pm

I would say call the store and tell them the issue. Missing bags is not the same as missing figs. Would you have bought it if it were more accurately labeled?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Missing Bags

Postby Dendo » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:05 am

I thought about that, but I decided that the store wouldn't do anything about it other than let me return the whole thing, which I am still considering. I wouldn't have bought them without asking a few more questions or looking up to see what the contents were of the bags containing the figs. My wife was the one who picked them up and would not have thought about that kind of thing.

If we return them, I will tell the store there is a big difference.
Dendo

Return to General LEGO Discussions