Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest Winners

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest Winners

Postby Staff » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:20 am

The poll closed last night and it's easy to see how hard of a choice forum members faced, as all of these were only a few votes apart. Without further ado...

In 1st place with 39 votes is Sparkart's ATST:Image

As the top winner he will receive Battle of Hoth game set, Planet Series 1 set, and three polybag ships. Our runners up will be receiving the same three polybags (MTT, Star Destroyer, and TIE):

In 2nd with 36 votes is Flynn's Millenium Falcon:Image

In 3rd with 32 votes, Roarsack's ATTE:

4th, with 29 votes, Trooper10's TIE Fighter:

And finally in 5th place with 25 votes is Blackninjatom's Y-Wing:

Congratulations to all of our winners (You will be contacted by Ace after we're back from Toy Fair) and once again thanks to everyone who built and voted. You guys are the ones who make these contests awesome and you never disappoint.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/08/palpatines-shrink-o-matic-ray-contest-winners/
Staff

Re: Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest Winners

Postby sparkart » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:44 am

Fantastic entries and good, close competition. Kudos to FBTB for the very inspiring contest (and prizes for more places, yay!), and thanks to all the participants for showing us all some new stuff. I've definitely learned a few things from gazing at the other entries. May the Force be with you.
sparkart

Postby hatcher » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:48 am

Congrats to the winners! Well deserved. And congrats to the other entrants as well. Every one of you rocked this contest. I bow before your obvious talent. I hope you all take it as a compliment when I say that I am SO going to steal your ideas.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby SDIronClaw » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:49 am

Congrats to the winners! Superb job in design and execution!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby RogueBrick » Fri Feb 08, 2013 12:54 pm

These are awesome.

Does anyone else think that Lego should do some micro-fig play themes? I think it would be awesome if they did micro-fig scale ships like these. (Although I feel like the micro-fig could use a few alterations for play-ability: removable head and some sort of hand to hold utensils (I'm thinking maybe a hole in the side to stick those kind of robot hand clips in.)

I've been thinking this ever since I saw the official Lego mini scale (I think that's the correct scale... i'm not a scale expert...) on sale at Walmart. I thought, "those are pretty cool, but where's Han and Chewie?" I'm sure they would have sold better with some figures.
RogueBrick

Postby naugem » Fri Feb 08, 2013 2:21 pm

Congrats to the winners, great builds all of them!
naugem

Postby Zrath » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:45 pm

Congratulations (or in French, félicitations) to all the winners.
That was some fantastic scaling!

Don Solo: It's "without further ado", not "adieu". "Adieu" is French for "farewell". "Ado" is English.
Read your Shakespeare! :D

Zrath (Trained Professional Giant Frenchman)
Zrath

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:57 pm

It just sounded fancier that way. I even had to look up how to spell "adieu" correctly and it did not occur to me to check the whole phrase.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Blackninjatom » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:06 pm

Top four finishing within 10 votes of each other sums it up. There's simply too many good entries. ;)
Well played everyone.
Blackninjatom

Postby Trooper10 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:39 pm

Congrats to everyone and thanks for the cool comp - I for one have already started a micro-fig building phase now. Tie Fighter - Done. XWing - Done. I'm thinking A-wing next. Now to copy a few of the awesome entries.
Trooper10

Postby Roarsack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:05 am

Thank you for a fun contest, FBTB, and also to all those voted me! And congrats to all of the other winners! There were a lot of awesome entries and I find it funny how all the ones I voted for got in the top five.
Roarsack

Postby murphquake » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:11 am

Seems like much ado about nothing, so adieu to this part of the conversation...we trained actors!

Congrats to all the winners and everyone who entered, some really great stuff showed up in this one!
murphquake

Postby Roarsack » Sat Feb 09, 2013 10:08 am

Did you guys at FBTB vote, as well?
Roarsack

Postby Rook » Mon Feb 11, 2013 1:56 pm

Nicely done. I think most of you were in my top 5. :x Very jealous of you that have the actual Star Wars game pieces. >8( :p
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Solo » Tue Feb 12, 2013 4:48 pm

Roarsack wrote:Did you guys at FBTB vote, as well?
Of course.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:28 am

Winners: i've sent a pm to each of you requesting your mailing address. Congrats again!
onions
Damp Noodle

Return to Contests & Community Builds