Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Getting Ready For Toy Fair

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Getting Ready For Toy Fair

Postby Staff » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Photo Feb 05, 7 36 40 AM

It's time for Toy Fair! The LEGO Collector Event at the International Toy Fair is happening this Sunday from 7am to 9am EST. We'll be starting our coverage a little bit after that. The badges that you see above, feature the Movie Starlet minifig from the Collectible Minifig Series 9, most likely hinting at all of the licensed properties that are sure to dominate the show floor. The Lone Ranger, The Hobbit, Lord of the Rings, Superman, Iron Man, and who knows what else. Oh, and of course, Star Wars. With more active licenses under LEGO's belt than before, this year's show is sure to be packed full of goodies. We'll do our best to bring you the most complete coverage as possible so come back on Sunday to check it out.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/02/06/getting-ready-for-toy-fair/
Staff

Re: Getting Ready For Toy Fair

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:41 pm

Anything on the back of the invite? Like lego pieces to hold exclusive minifigs like last years? :)

That's a sweet ticket I might add.
Gooker1

Postby wegj » Wed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm

Looking forward to the full report. Hope to see more about the Superhero sets
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Can I have one of those tickets once it's over?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby etcknight » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:13 pm

Ace, I am always soooo jealous when I see you going to these events. How do we become part of the "in crowd"?!?!
etcknight

Postby SDIronClaw » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:23 am

No kidding, lucky bugger. Enjoy!

etcknight wrote:Ace, I am always soooo jealous when I see you going to these events. How do we become part of the "in crowd"?!?!
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby murphquake » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:58 am

etcknight, perhaps being one of the people who does a lot of work to keep a major lego fan community website is the trick? =-)
murphquake

Postby gomek » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:58 am

Well as long as I'm not going to get viciously raped on ebay for more Exclusive figures, I look forward to your report.
gomek

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:25 am

gomek wrote:Well as long as I'm not going to get viciously raped on ebay for more Exclusive figures, I look forward to your report.

That's what i'm looking forward to. :) If it's a good piece. I skipped the one from two year's ago as it didn't appeal to me.
Gooker1

Postby gomek » Thu Feb 07, 2013 12:23 pm

Gooker1 wrote:That's what i'm looking forward to. :) If it's a good piece. I skipped the one from two year's ago as it didn't appeal to me.

If you have that much extra cash that a $800 pair of mini figs is no big sweat, I'd be grateful if you could send me some. ;) I'm not even asking for a lot, even a couple grand would really go a long way for me. Just PM me if you can help out.

All kidding aside, I'd rather just have a mass produced set at $20 with 3 figs and a small model, then be asked to spend $800 on 2 figs and no model, just to complete my collection. And look, I know I complain about this type of thing a lot, but I just don't get what people like about being excluded. Being a completeist makes collecting fun for me. Looking at pictures of ultra rare figures that I can never own is not cool or enjoyable for me. Having holes in my collections sucks the fun out of collecting, and lining the pockets insiders hurts me even more (no offense FBTB Staff).

Anyways.. still hoping that's not the case this year.
gomek

Postby murphquake » Thu Feb 07, 2013 1:05 pm

I can't justify spending crazy money for these things. I can live without them. That said, i'd probably drop $25-50 each for the ones i like... but what are we up to, like 12 or so exclusive Marvel & DC figs between TF & the two CC's? I'm happy I got the Tin for NYCC, and was able to trade for the CVI one (still have one to trade for the SDCC tin, hint hint gooker ;-) I didn't win the dark turtle, despite being at NYCC for more than 4 days... don't always get lucky, in fact, among the LUG, with a big presence since we did a display, only a few of us won, with many of us using every scheme we could to try to get tickets... at one point Sunday one of my friends showed up and i dragged her and her kid to the main lego booth to try to get tickets with them, but we were about 10 mins too late. I still had an awesome time, so no biggie.
murphquake

Postby gomek » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 am

murphquake wrote:I can't justify spending crazy money for these things. I can live without them. That said, i'd probably drop $25-50 each for the ones i like... but what are we up to, like 12 or so exclusive Marvel & DC figs between TF & the two CC's? I'm happy I got the Tin for NYCC, and was able to trade for the CVI one (still have one to trade for the SDCC tin, hint hint gooker ;-) I didn't win the dark turtle, despite being at NYCC for more than 4 days... don't always get lucky, in fact, among the LUG, with a big presence since we did a display, only a few of us won, with many of us using every scheme we could to try to get tickets... at one point Sunday one of my friends showed up and i dragged her and her kid to the main lego booth to try to get tickets with them, but we were about 10 mins too late. I still had an awesome time, so no biggie.

Yeah, I'm kind of ashamed to admit I have bought quite a few convention figs, and I guess that's why I'm so sore about it. And I agree with your post above, if these exclusives ended up costing me $25 or $30 a piece that's a totally different story. Heck, I've paid $20 for non-exclusive figures plenty of times. The problem is Lego limits them so much that they end up commanding $150 to $600 per figure and that's when I feel it is just way beyond the point of obscene.

Anyway.. Still no exclusive figure out of Toy Fair this year, so I'm very happy about that (so far).
gomek

Postby sparkart » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:53 am

gomek wrote:...I just don't get what people like about being excluded. Being a completeist makes collecting fun for me. Looking at pictures of ultra rare figures that I can never own is not cool or enjoyable for me. Having holes in my collections sucks the fun out of collecting, and lining the pockets insiders hurts me even more (no offense FBTB Staff)...

If everyone got everything they wanted, it would be a boring world.

Also, sometimes, it's only in pointing out what we don't have that people appreciate what they do have. Take arms and legs. Usually, you take them for granted, until you see someone without them.
sparkart

Postby Solo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:20 pm

All I could think of when I read that was Boba Fett's printed arms and legs. And you're totally right. People would take those for granted if every fig had them, but when you see the other Fetts without you really can appreciate it.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby murphquake » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:14 am

can someone install a like button? LMBO Senor Solo
murphquake

Postby samiam391 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:48 pm

[quote="gomek"

Anyway.. Still no exclusive figure out of Toy Fair this year, so I'm very happy about that (so far).[/quote]

Lego hasn't held their "conference" yet, which is tomorrow morning, so I wouldn't expect anything to be released yet anyway.

They'll be here soon :-)
samiam391

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:08 am

Don't worry guys, I'm sure we will get another chance to try and beat Zane for them in the next contest.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:38 am

Pics are up at http://www.toyark.com/ enjoy!! Can't wait to see fbtbs photos either. Bring on the lego!
Gooker1

Postby nyjpapi » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:37 am

gomek wrote:Anyway.. Still no exclusive figure out of Toy Fair this year, so I'm very happy about that (so far).

Here it is. A Yoda minifig promoting 'The Yoda Chronicles'. http://www.toyark.com/news/toy-fair-59/ ... ages-7239/
nyjpapi

Postby Gooker1 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 11:51 am

Pass...especially at the first one sold at a grand. Wow!!
Gooker1

Return to Star Wars