Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New Slave I

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

New Slave I

Postby chase54 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Any thoughts on the possibility of this? It's been awhile since one has come out, and many of the reviews I had read about it, seem to be on the less positive side, mostly because of the rocket doors.

I'd suspect this isn't in the works though.
Producer at Genesis Motion Picture Productions
All-around decent guy
Star Wars Lego addict
Old western movie obsessor
chase54

Re: New Slave I

Postby bobalego » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:07 am

I am not sure a little over 2 years is a while...the last one came out in mid 2010. I think there is little that can be improved upon unless a UCS one is on the way. Of all the ships in the Star Wars univierse, I would agree that since we have a technically Minifig scaled version of the Falcon, a UCS Slave I would be great.
bobalego

Postby Harmonica » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:30 am

There is a new Jango Fett fig coming out later this year, so who knows? Jango's Slave I might be in the works. Wouldn't hold my breath, though.
Harmonica

Postby emmtwosix » Thu Feb 14, 2013 9:18 am

According to Brickset:

8097-1: Slave I
Availability at LEGO.com
-United States 30 Jul 10 - 26 Nov 11

So, it's only been 15 months since this was in production, and even less time since it was easily found at retail stores. That said, I was half-expecting a Jango Fett Slave I to appear this fall to promote the 3-D release of Ep.II, but since that didn't happen, your best chance might be a UCS release in the next couple of years. I'd be willing to bet it's on the short list for a UCS build.
emmtwosix

Postby lego the hutt » Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:39 pm

chase54 wrote:Any thoughts on the possibility of this? It's been awhile since one has come out, and many of the reviews I had read about it, seem to be on the less positive side, mostly because of the rocket doors.

I'd suspect this isn't in the works though.

Goodness I hope not. There was one very recently. I guess it has been awhile since Jengo's Slave 1. That would be something we haven't seen in a little while at least.

Haven't there been about 4 slave ones made? It is produced very often. It's time for a break from this set to get some others that aren't made so often.

It has been barely a year since this hasn't been in stores and people are already saying it has been awhile since this has come out? I don't understand the logic behind this thread. :shock:
lego the hutt

Postby Flynn » Thu Feb 14, 2013 5:33 pm

Yeah, I can understand the need/desire to keep the central sets circulating (X-Wing, TIE Fighter, Millennium Falcon, etc.) but Slave I isn't even that major a ship to merit continual releases. There was about a 3 year gap between the first two (not counting Jango's) and about a 4 year gap after that- I wouldn't expect a new version to hit the shelves for at least two years unless it was Jango's.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby FallenJedi » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:44 am

Nebulon B UCS has my vote. I think it would be epic. UCS slave 1 would be huge and cool, but I would love to see the Nebulon B.
FallenJedi

Postby Inzane » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:56 am

FallenJedi wrote:Nebulon B UCS has my vote. I think it would be epic. UCS slave 1 would be huge and cool, but I would love to see the Nebulon B.

A Nebulon B would be awesome, but surely a beast to display. That ship is so... "vertical" by design. It'd be interesting to see how you'd have to support it in an upright position. The token black display stand would probably have to be quite large and elaborate.
Inzane

Postby Prongstar » Thu Feb 21, 2013 5:04 pm

I'd love a UCS Slave 1. Or better yet, a UCS D-5 Mantis!
Prongstar

Postby Flynn » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:52 pm

Inzane wrote:The token black display stand would probably have to be quite large and elaborate.

The stand would probably be connected to the central supporting column, which would have to be extremely sturdy (though it's certainly not impossible with the right combination of technic and regular bricks).
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby FallenJedi » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:13 pm

Nebulous B would look awesome next to my SSD. I could see two mounts, one at be front, and one at the rear drive section. The center should be fine if either end was supported.
FallenJedi

Return to Star Wars