Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Restocks 21102 LEGO Minecraft, Destroys Secondary Market

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Restocks 21102 LEGO Minecraft, Destroys Secondary Market

Postby Staff » Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:10 pm

In what I can only imagine as an effort to deflate the aftermarket prices, LEGO has once again restocked 21102 LEGO Minecraft. It's not only the fact that it's restocked, but the purchase limit has been raised from 1 per household to 5 per household, enough for everyone in the family plus the dog. Price is $34.99. The set has 480 pieces and comes with two micromob characters: Player and Creeper.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/31/lego-restocks-21102-lego-minecraft-destroys-secondary-market/
Staff

Re: LEGO Restocks 21102 LEGO Minecraft, Destroys Secondary M

Postby Classicsmiley » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:57 pm

I also recently saw this at my local Toys R Us for $44.99.
Classicsmiley

Postby DarthBuilder » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:27 pm

Best case scenario is that LEGO will over produce this set and people can wait till they are on sale for $20 bucks like Advent calenders in July.

I applaud this, if it is intended to hurt the secondary market. Wish they would do the same for the UCS Falcon. :lol:
DarthBuilder

Postby that guy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:41 pm

Take out the emotion of it being 'Minecraft' and I'm left confused why people are shocked that Lego is still selling these when it's the third Cussoo release and they still sell the second one (Hayabusa). It seems to me that regardless of how popular the set is they would still presumably retire them in order so I would be shocked to see Minecraft retire before Hayabusa. People's wanton nature to hoard and speculate is bound to happen but their loss or gain shouldn't come before common sense about how Lego typically retires sets. Just my two cents....
that guy

Postby xj550 » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:50 pm

It is not too costly for LEGO to have multiple runs. The sets are based on parts that are still in production. If the demand is there, they will make more, but they will not mass produce these so unlikely will get much of a clearance price if any.
xj550

Postby CaptainFordo » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:49 pm

xj550 wrote:It is not too costly for LEGO to have multiple runs. The sets are based on parts that are still in production. If the demand is there, they will make more, but they will not mass produce these so unlikely will get much of a clearance price if any.

Not to mention most of the parts are simple ones that they use for other sets, so it's not like they'd need to retire a mould or whatever (dunno if that happens)
CaptainFordo

Return to Finds/Deals