Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First 'Man Of Steel' Set Revealed

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

First 'Man Of Steel' Set Revealed

Postby Staff » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:37 am

76002 Superman: Metropolis Showdown

Update: You can now view the hi-res images on flickr.

USA Today has dropped exclusive pics of the first set from Zach Snyder's Man Of Steel which hits theaters June 14th. Just two figs in 76002 Superman's Metropolis Showdown the smallest set, which will retail for $12.99US. Reports are these two appear in almost every set, so I'm hoping for variants. Expect pics of the entire line from our Toy Fair NY coverage next weekend.

76002 Superman's Metropolis Showdown

Here's a snippet from a press release made today:

In anticipation of Man of Steel, global master toy licensee Mattel unveils its wide ranging toy line including action figures, vehicles, playsets and collectible figures, highlighted by the fan-favorite and much-anticipated Movie Masters™ line, which captures the superior accuracy and details of the film's characters. Mattel will also introduce Man of Steel QuickShots™, a new way to play with Superman with elements of flight and strength incorporated into the toy. Also supporting Man of Steel are global licensees such as LEGO, with exciting construction sets inspired by memorable scenes from the film; and Rubie's Costume Co. with a new line of Man of Steel-inspired costumes and accessories for both kid and adult fans.

I'm glad they kept the new hair piece, even though he's captain slick in the new movie.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/30/first-man-of-steel-set-revealed/
Staff

Re: First 'Man Of Steel' Set Revealed

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:45 am

I'm impressed! This looks pretty good for a $13 set.
The_Chosen_1

Postby CaptainFordo » Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:37 pm

The_Chosen_1 wrote:I'm impressed! This looks pretty good for a $13 set.

If it's £13 then that's pretty good. If it was £20 it'd be a little lacklustre after the previous £20 supes set being such a great deal. A car that's not even used by one of the characters and a lampost hardly compare to a mech :P
CaptainFordo

Postby Nerfman1234 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:01 pm

This looks AWESOME! I'm glad they decided to make a new Supes instead of leaving the old one alone *cough cough 7888 cough*
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby batsamd » Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:17 pm

Getting red heat vision eyes, WOO HOO!

I was hoping that would be done with so many Supermans and Zods.
batsamd

Postby onions » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:04 am

it's been confirmed to be $12.99
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby bigospedros » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:59 am

CaptainFordo wrote:
If it's £13 then that's pretty good. If it was £20 it'd be a little lacklustre after the previous £20 supes set being such a great deal. A car that's not even used by one of the characters and a lampost hardly compare to a mech :P

76002 was listed as £11.99 at the UK Toy Fair ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby gomek » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:26 am

The price can't be beat. Not crazy about the belt on Superman, but I imagine this is something from the movie of which I'm not aware.

Personally, if these figures are repeated in other sets, then this is probably a pass for me, however it is nice to see fans can get these couple figs without spending an arm and leg.
gomek

Postby legoicecreamclone » Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:09 pm

This set looks pretty awesome. Can't wait to find out piece count :)
legoicecreamclone

Return to Licensed Themes