Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Batman: The Movie Available For Pre-order

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Batman: The Movie Available For Pre-order

Postby Staff » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:59 am

LEGO Batman: The Movie

Remember back in October when the news broke of a LEGO Batman movie based on the video game DC Super Heroes Unite? Well we've finally heard news on it's release and that comes with the not too shocking reveal of an exclusive minifig packaged with the movie. I find it more curious that after the Empire Strikes Out was announced the other day to be released in what appears to be DVD only format, here we are again with the DVD/BluRay combo pack. The pack comes with a Clark Kent/Superman figure I know many, including myself, have been hoping to see. It's available for pre-order on Amazon with a release date of May 21st.

Via Brickset.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/25/lego-batman-the-movie-available-for-pre-order/
Staff

Re: LEGO Batman: The Movie Available For Pre-order

Postby batsamd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:18 am

Since LEGO Batman 2 came out for PS3 an Xbox 360, which are hi-def consoles, the cut scenes must already have been in HD, so maybe that's why this is a blu-ray/DVD combo, since it's mostly the cutscenes from the game, whereas Empire Strikes Out may not have been done in HD, hence no blu-ray, maybe?

Either way, I plan to pick this up, and the minifig is great. Now if we ever get a set with regular Clark Kent, we'll have CK, CK in transition to Supes and Supes minifigs.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:08 pm

Holy Schnikes!!! This minifig is seriously amazing!!! I really enjoyed the cutscenes from the game, so that's great to have in BL form too. I do hope they added a few extra scenes, but that might be expecting too much.
Gooker1

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:40 pm

batsamd wrote:Now if we ever get a set with regular Clark Kent, we'll have CK, CK in transition to Supes and Supes minifigs.

I plan on using the suit that came in Alien Conquest and also Hayabusa.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby wegj » Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:32 pm

That's a nice Clark Kent! He should come with a buildable phone booth :)
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby batsamd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:42 pm

Does $17.50 seem kind of high for preorder price to any one else?

I think Walmart had BR/DVD combo Padawan Menace preorder for only $9-$10.

Right now I'm planning to wait for Walmart preorder to see if that's cheaper, or just wait till its released and buy in store on sale.

EDIT: Just had a thought, I'm guessing the run time on this will be longer than Padawan Menace, so that may increase the price.
batsamd

Postby Gooker1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:58 pm

batsamd wrote:Does $17.50 seem kind of high for preorder price to any one else?

I think Walmart had BR/DVD combo Padawan Menace preorder for only $9-$10.

Right now I'm planning to wait for Walmart preorder to see if that's cheaper, or just wait till its released and buy in store on sale.

EDIT: Just had a thought, I'm guessing the run time on this will be longer than Padawan Menace, so that may increase the price.

If its just the cutscenes from the game, then it's not worth it being more than 15
Gooker1

Return to Licensed Themes