Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Super Heroes

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Super Heroes

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:30 pm

Whilst the Super Heroes section this year was not in it's own little section, cordoned off from everything else, it was still somewhat shrouded in mystery as the set names were not listed and none of the minifigures were actually present at the fair.  We did get pictures of what they'll look like, but that was it.  The sets were there, but I don't recall many details ... here's what I can remember and what I can glean from my audio recording ...

Released in April ... for the Iron Man 3 film ... each set recreates a major scene from the movies ...

76006 as yet unamed ... includes figures Iron Man, War Machine (yes, the picture looked like the leaked picture we've seen on this forum!) and Aldrich Killian.  Price Point is £19.99.
War Machine 1

76007 as yet unamed ... includes figures Tony Stark, Pepper Potts (exclusive to that set), Mk42 Iron Man, The Mandarin and another, as yet unamed, figure!  Price Point is £34.99

76998 as yet unamed ... includes an exclusive Iron Man and The Mandarin.  That's all I noted down.  Price point is £11.99.

Released in May ... for the Superman Man of Steel film ... again, each set recreated major scenes from the movies ...

76002 as yet unamed ... includes Superman and General Zod minifigures.  Price point £11.99.

76003 as yet unamed ... includes Superman, Colonel Hardy, General Zod, Faora and another figure perhaps, but I can't read my own handwriting ... maybe Lorvan?!  Price Point £39.99

76009 as yet unamed ... includes an exclusive Lois Lane, Superman and General Zod.  Price point £19.99.

Quite why I can't remember any details about the actual sets, other than the figures, I really don't know??!!

*edit*

Oh and I just remembered this ... coming in August, we'll get 50003 Batman game, which will feature several microfigures of both heroes and baddies.  They were not on display at the fair, just standard blank microfigs, but the game looked pretty good fun.

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/22/uk-toy-fair-2013-super-heroes/
Staff

Re: UK Toy Fair 2013 ... Super Heroes

Postby Brainslugged » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:09 pm

How many General Zods?
Brainslugged

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:47 pm

Are you sure that was Zod in 76009? Because according to earlier rumors, the name of that set is Black Zero Escape, so I figured the villain in that set would be Black Zero.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:51 pm

Thanks for all this info. Glad to see Lois and Pepper, as well as War Machine. Plus, I've met the actor for Aldrich so I might see if I can find him again and get him to sign a fig, once he comes out. The board game sounds cool too, according to brickheroes it has batgirl(?).
One question though:
Where is Iron Patriot?!?!

EDIT: One more question!
Anything about the MARVEL board game?
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby bigospedros » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:07 pm

Oky Wan Kenobi wrote:Are you sure that was Zod in 76009? Because according to earlier rumors, the name of that set is Black Zero Escape, so I figured the villain in that set would be Black Zero.

100% sure ... no ... but I am pretty confident that I wrote it down correctly.

Ultron32 wrote:Thanks for all this info. Glad to see Lois and Pepper, as well as War Machine. Plus, I've met the actor for Aldrich so I might see if I can find him again and get him to sign a fig, once he comes out. The board game sounds cool too, according to brickheroes it has batgirl(?).

I can't confirm the figures as they weren't there.

One question though:
Where is Iron Patriot?!?!

there were some un-named figures so maybe he was one of them ?

EDIT: One more question!
Anything about the MARVEL board game?

There wasn't a MARVEL game there ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby gomek » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:03 pm

3 General Zods? What a waste.

Also it's so funny that Lego is so preoccupied with the movies. All my kids seem to care about is the characters from the cartoons and various superhero books they read at bedtime. Now granted, some of that is because they are a little young for the movies, but I think Lego ignoring the other channels kids are tied into, is not wise. I'd love to get them a Electro and Kraven figure. They are both in a beginning readers book I think I must have read to them a 1,000 times.
gomek

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:51 pm

^^oops, i meant video game.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby wegj » Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:02 pm

I WANT ZOD! Other than that really, the Superhero sets don't offer a lot of diversity for figs, hopefully the sets will be good since the figs have been the driving force in most of the superhero sets
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:38 pm

Ultron32 wrote:^^oops, i meant video game.

There has been an official announcement and a whole report on it with a video in Game Informer. What more do you need at this point? Besides, it's a TOY fair, not a videogame fair. ;)
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby bigospedros » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:43 pm

They did mention that there was a video game coming, but they didn't give a release date ...
bigospedros
Staff Writer

Postby batsamd » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:15 am

Hopefully all the Supermans and Zods from the MoS line will be different in some way. Maybe get battle damaged versions.

I'm also hoping for better alternate faces for Supes, like one with red eyes for heat vision. Maybe another face with Frodo eyes from the spider set (minus the shock and awe aspects, of course) to show Supes using his x-ray/telescopic/microscopic vision. Another face could have a circular/oval shaped mouth in blue or white to show his super/freeze breath, especially since that was a power in LEGO Batman 2 video game.

If the Supes and Zods aren't different, that's going to be a lot of duplicates if someone plans to get all the sets.
batsamd

Return to Licensed Themes