Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Success matching TRU online pricing and using $25 off $100

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Success matching TRU online pricing and using $25 off $100

Postby ufjason » Tue Jan 15, 2013 2:25 pm

So on Sunday I got a wild hair and decided to go out on a hunt. Got a nice surprise when I hit a pretty rural TRU and found the retired Destiny's Bounty, Fangpyre Truck, Cole's Tread Assault and Jay's Storm Fighter. It was great luck since TRU is running $25 off $100 this week. Unfortunately they were priced at $100, $65, $55 and $40 respectively. I remembered them being less at TRU.com and looked them up with my phone to find them at $80, $50, $40 and $25 respectively.

After politely speaking with a manager, pointing out the price difference online, she said it was no problem as they matched their own website. She matched the TRU site prices through a price change and then applied the promo to the total. I split them into two transactions with some filler but was able to get close to 25% off.

After checking out a few different items online, you can get most sets matched in store and then get the $25 off $100 applied. YMMV as some managers may not know how to do this but I think it's worth a try if you want some new sets at retail pricing before applying a good discount.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Re: Success matching TRU online pricing and using $25 off $1

Postby UOldPirate » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:10 pm

Man, I wish I had that level of ease getting a price match from my local TRU. I went there last week and picked up the last Dino Raptor Chase. I knew it was at RRP price at TRU.com ($29), but it rang up at $39 at the register. I asked them about price matching their own website, which required a manager to come over and say that they don't do that because their website and TRU stores are two separate companies. They used Sam's Club and Walmart as a comparison, which sounded totally nuts too me.

I explained to them that I could use my phone to place the order for $29 on their website and select the store pickup option and after a few more minutes of explaining how crazy it would be for me to have to do that extra step, she finally relented, but said they would do it that one time only. Way to go TRU!

At any rate, good to know that some stores are more than willing to price match their site.
UOldPirate

Postby naugem » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:20 pm

In one of their sales last year, they had the Y-Wing at $50 on their website, but with the markup at the store. There was a coupon for an additional discount. The manager told me that they could either price-match the website or apply the coupon, but not both. I ended up ordering online with store pickup.
naugem

Postby UOldPirate » Tue Jan 15, 2013 4:43 pm

Yeah, they really go out of their way from a customer service standpoint don't they!?! ;)
UOldPirate

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Tue Jan 15, 2013 10:58 pm

Is the $25 off $100 legos still going on? Any proof of this? (on their website or are there signs in store or what?)
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Vegaxe » Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:41 am

I went in yesterday, Tuesday 1/15, and the $25 off $100 signs were up. The still do not have teenage mutant ninja turtles in yet :( Target got them last week.

On the other hand, they did have series 9 mini figures in stock, $3.19 a pack. I used my reward dollars from Christmas and got 10 packs... I grabbed all from one row, with out feeling them up, and got 5 cyclops! I mean, really, what are the odds of that.!?!? Raawwwrr, cyclops army!
Vegaxe

Postby Gooker1 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:54 am

Vegaxe wrote:I went in yesterday, Tuesday 1/15, and the $25 off $100 signs were up. The still do not have teenage mutant ninja turtles in yet :( Target got them last week.

On the other hand, they did have series 9 mini figures in stock, $3.19 a pack. I used my reward dollars from Christmas and got 10 packs... I grabbed all from one row, with out feeling them up, and got 5 cyclops! I mean, really, what are the odds of that.!?!? Raawwwrr, cyclops army!

Odds are about one in three...in the sense that there are only three rows. Lego generally has multiples of the same one in the same row. :( What a bummer!
Gooker1

Postby solo606 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:11 pm

I wonder if Targets new price match policy will work for this?
solo606

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:35 am

solo606 wrote:I wonder if Targets new price match policy will work for this?

They will not match coupons or savings deals like TRU $25 off $100.
Gooker1

Postby shoggoth666 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:49 pm

My local TRU price matched their website on some marked up in store LOTR which brought them down to MSRP and then knocked 25 bucks off one set to reflect the 25 off 100 promo. Thru my rewards at it for a sweet deal. Good customer service for a change.
shoggoth666

Postby Qzak » Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:41 am

Worked for me too! Found some Series 9 figs marked $3.19, but on their website they're listed for $2.99. Showed the cashier my phone and she price matched the 9 I bought.
Qzak

Return to Finds/Deals