Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Micro Slave I

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Micro Slave I

Postby sparkart » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:21 am

I don't plan on entering this model into the FBTB Palpatine's Shrink-O-Matic Ray Contest. It's not a new model, it's a modification of a modification of the Brickmaster Slave I.

It will be easy to find the ship you seek by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

I got a Boba Fett microfig from Bricklink, and put a hinge on the canopy:
I see why they call you the best bounty hunter in the galaxy by SPARKART!, on Flickr.

We'll meet again...friend! by SPARKART!, on Flickr.
Last edited by sparkart on Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
sparkart

Re: [SW] Micro Slave I

Postby Daiman » Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:53 am

Precise and perfect just as a good build should be.

Xmas tree stuff.
Daiman

Postby Blackninjatom » Mon Jan 14, 2013 3:12 pm

sparkart wrote:I don't plan on entering this

You have no idea how relieved I was to read that. :lol:

I had a lot of trouble grasping how to make a sealed cockpit at this scale, seeing as no canopy pieces are made for the scale. It's not like micro where you can use a cheese slope or tooth plate. You have to actually fit a pilot and you pulled that off seamlessly.
Blackninjatom

Postby sparkart » Mon Jan 14, 2013 6:40 pm

The earlier iterations of this model have the microfig under the cargo area, not really in the cockpit. I was fine to leave it at than until I tried to fit a 2 x 4 brick with rounded top and make a little "coffin" to contain the microfig. Apparently, the old 2 x 4 bricks with rounded top are hollow. The newer ones have tubes inside of them that prevent you from using them as a sarcophagus lid. So ,it was necessity that forced me to find a new canopy for this model.

Thanks for checking it out and for the kind words.
sparkart

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase