Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

War Machine minifig?

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

War Machine minifig?

Postby Dr Axels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 10:44 am

So, this popped up recently over on EB and I couldn't find any posts regarding it here in the license forum.

Apparently someone has gotten his or her hands on what appears to be a LEGO official War Machine minifigure, possibly belonging to one of the Iron Man 3 sets scheduled for release later this year. The figure doesn't seem like its a custom, to me at least. These images are from a Flickr account photostream named -Nick Harro. The images are originally from an eBay auction.

Image Image

Feel free to comment or speculate. And if this belongs in a different forum, please move. Thank you.

~ Axels
Dr Axels

Re: War Machine minifig?

Postby Nerfman1234 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:43 pm

Looks pretty official to me. I wonder if this means Rhodey will show up in the Lego Marvel game? Either way, this is an awesome time for Lego Superheroes.
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby CaptainFordo » Sat Jan 12, 2013 1:37 pm

Interesting if true, there have been concept art pieces of classic colours WM circulating, but no confirmation if he'd appear in 'Iron Man 3', this could be it, would like to see an Iron Patriot variant too though.
CaptainFordo

Postby ThatGuyWithTheBricks » Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:38 pm

Yes...

My favorite part, however, is another useful African-American head!
I build it so you don't have to!
Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/people/36880009@N02/
For the record, if you want to refer to me but don't want to type my name, call me TGWTB.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks

Postby Flynn » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:17 pm

Hm...the face doesn't really look anything like the character...

Yep, it must be official!
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Ultron32 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 4:56 pm

CaptainFordo wrote:would like to see an Iron Patriot variant too though.

I'm sure they'll do him too.
ThatGuyWithTheBricks wrote:My favorite part, however, is another useful African-American head!

I'm already looking forward to the necessary Mace Windu variants.
Flynn wrote:Hm...the face doesn't really look anything like the character...

Yep, it must be official!

Lol. I think that the non-angry face looks a good amount like Rhodey though...
Nerfman1234 wrote:I wonder if this means Rhodey will show up in the Lego Marvel game?

I hope so! He'll probably just be a spare character that you find, not a primary member of the story.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby wegj » Sat Jan 12, 2013 7:49 pm

This is sweet, it wouldn't be much of surprise, I am assuming most of the late year Superhero releases will be movie based. What is the deal with the minifig ebay leaks? It is bizarre.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby onions » Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:40 pm

wegj wrote:This is sweet, it wouldn't be much of surprise, I am assuming most of the late year Superhero releases will be movie based. What is the deal with the minifig ebay leaks? It is bizarre.

i'm pretty sure they're lifted out of the factory and smuggled across the border since the assembly plant for some stuff is in mexico.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Nerfman1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 12:42 am

onions wrote:
wegj wrote:This is sweet, it wouldn't be much of surprise, I am assuming most of the late year Superhero releases will be movie based. What is the deal with the minifig ebay leaks? It is bizarre.

i'm pretty sure they're lifted out of the factory and smuggled across the border since the assembly plant for some stuff is in mexico.

Does LEGO even try to track down/punish people for doing this?
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby Dr Axels » Sun Jan 13, 2013 3:02 am

I'm glad we are getting a War Machine fig of this variant. I know the Iron Patriot colors look sweet, but I'd be disappointed if that was the only War Machine we got. I hope LEGO intends on giving him his shoulder gun though. In case they don't though, I guess its time to start considering modifications.

Hopefully we'll get some sneak peaks at any of the other Iron Man 3 minifigs, or Man of Steel for that matter.
Dr Axels

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:25 am

Dr Axels wrote:I'm glad we are getting a War Machine fig of this variant. I know the Iron Patriot colors look sweet, but I'd be disappointed if that was the only War Machine we got. I hope LEGO intends on giving him his shoulder gun though. In case they don't though, I guess its time to start considering modifications.

Hopefully we'll get some sneak peaks at any of the other Iron Man 3 minifigs, or Man of Steel for that matter.

If they can make Ock arms and Venom tendrils, this should be a cinch (spelling?) it's also the most iconic aspect of WM so they'd be fools to leave it out.
CaptainFordo

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:28 am

CaptainFordo wrote:
Dr Axels wrote:I hope LEGO intends on giving him his shoulder gun though. In case they don't though, I guess its time to start considering modifications.

If they can make Ock arms and Venom tendrils, this should be a cinch (spelling?) it's also the most iconic aspect of WM so they'd be fools to leave it out.

Yeah, that was the one thing that i was worried about when I saw this fig. The two that you mentioned used existing parts though; his shoulder mounted gun would no doubt require a new one or two.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:42 am

Ultron32 wrote:
CaptainFordo wrote:
Dr Axels wrote:I hope LEGO intends on giving him his shoulder gun though. In case they don't though, I guess its time to start considering modifications.

Yeah, that was the one thing that i was worried about when I saw this fig. The two that you mentioned used existing parts though; his shoulder mounted gun would no doubt require a new one or two.

I don't know about that. Get one of the one stud backpack thingies and figure out a way of connecting a battle droid arm to it which the gun attaches to and bam, you're in business.
CaptainFordo

Postby Dr Axels » Sun Jan 13, 2013 11:14 am

CaptainFordo wrote:I don't know about that. Get one of the one stud backpack thingies and figure out a way of connecting a battle droid arm to it which the gun attaches to and bam, you're in business.

I feel like even doing that would require a new piece altogether.
Dr Axels

Postby Flynn » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:06 pm

Maybe a clip attaching a pneumatic T-bar?
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Dr Axels » Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:23 pm

Would this be able to attach to a 1x1 clip stud while using the 1 stud neckwear for minifigs?
Dr Axels

Postby Nerfman1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Dr Axels wrote:Would this be able to attach to a 1x1 clip stud while using the 1 stud neckwear for minifigs?

Yeah, probably. Even if LEGO doesn't do this, everyone will probably make their own. But I seriously doubt LEGO will leave his weapons out. I can see them NOT giving him the arm-mounted rocket launchers, but to skip over the shoulder-mounted machine gun and rocket launcher would be unacceptable.
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby Nerfman1234 » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:09 pm

CaptainFordo wrote: would like to see an Iron Patriot variant too though.

If we get an Iron Patriot version, I hope we get a too-much-mustard Iron Man too.
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby onions » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:06 pm

they can't give him shoulder mounted anything cause the helmet is too friggin big.

he still looks stupid.

if they make iron patriot, hooray for the color scheme but that too will look stupid.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby CaptainFordo » Mon Jan 14, 2013 12:30 pm

Nerfman1234 wrote:
CaptainFordo wrote: would like to see an Iron Patriot variant too though.

If we get an Iron Patriot version, I hope we get a too-much-mustard Iron Man too.

That's a given. It looks to be his primary armour for Iron Man 3. Hopefully in Lego gold it'll look good, rather than the icky sandy-beige it appeared in at SDCC
CaptainFordo

Next

Return to Licensed Themes