Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

Postby Staff » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 am

LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game

We all knew this was an inevitability right, RIGHT? I can't even express how happy this makes me right now, or how much I look forward to playing (and reviewing) this game! Exclaimation point! Here's the skinny from Marvel.com:

Marvel super heroes are assembling for an action-packed, brick-smashing good time! Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, TT Games, The LEGO Group and Marvel Entertainment announced today that "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" will be available beginning Fall 2013 for the Xbox 360 video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation 3 computer entertainment system, the Wii U system and Windows PC, as well as the Nintendo DS handheld system, Nintendo 3DS handheld system and PlayStation Vita handheld entertainment system. "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is the first instalment in the highly successful LEGO videogame franchise to feature famous Marvel characters.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," coming Fall 2013

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" complements the LEGO Marvel Super Heroes construction toy collection, which brings the characters, vehicles and action of Marvel’s renowned universe to the world of LEGO build-and-play adventure. There are currently eight iconic scenes from the X-Men, Iron Man and Spider-Man franchises available and more construction sets tied to the new "Iron Man 3" feature film will launch later this spring.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters.

“We’re very excited to bring a myriad of classic Marvel characters to life in LEGO form for some fun, family-friendly gameplay in 'LEGO Marvel Super Heroes,'” said Tom Stone, Managing Director, TT Games Publishing. “Players will brave the ultimate mission to save the world as they explore famous landmarks in LEGO New York and take the adventure beyond Earth to iconic locations in the Marvel Universe.”

“Fans of both LEGO and Marvel have wanted this game for years, and we’re addressing that demand with more Marvel Universe characters than ever in a console game,” said TQ Jefferson, Vice President, Games Production, Marvel Entertainment. “If you’re a fan of Spider-Man, the Avengers, Fantastic Four, X-Men, Guardians of the Galaxy or scores of other Marvel characters, this is the game for you.”

In "LEGO Marvel Super Heroes," players will unlock more than 100 characters from across the Marvel Universe, including fan favorites like Spider-Man, Iron Man, Wolverine, Captain America, the Hulk, Thor, Black Widow, Hawkeye, Deadpool, Loki and Galactus! The game will pack in a plethora of super-cool character abilities, combat-like action sequences, epic battle scenes, puzzle-solving and a unique story told with playful LEGO humor.

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes" is being developed by TT Games and will be published by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment. For more information, please visit http://videogames.lego.com/en-us/lego-marvel-super-heroes.

Batman was the big wet blanket of an anchor for DC's Super Hero game, but it sounds like Marvel is going to give a lot of beloved (and a few more obscure, but nonetheless awesome) characters a chance to shine.

Who do YOU want to play first?

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2013/01/08/lego-marvel-super-heroes-video-game-is-on-the-way/
Staff

Re: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Video Game Is On The Way!

Postby Nerfman1234 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:53 am

OH. MY. GOD.

I AM UNBELIEVABLY EXCITED RIGHT NOW
Spoiler: show
Maggie shot Mr. Burns.
Nerfman1234

Postby DarthBuilder » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:46 am

Nerfman1234 wrote:OH. MY. GOD.

Expected or not, THIS, IS, AWESOME!
DarthBuilder

Postby angriwooki » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:29 am

Can't wait for my son to get home from school so I can break the news! He is going to flip.

And now to speculate what the Gamestop exclusive will be??
angriwooki

Postby Gooker1 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:34 am

Nerfman1234 wrote:OH. MY. GOD.

It wasn't Smithers??? :)

I am sooo extremely excited for this game and it's coming out in the Fall!! I'm hoping they'll have a demo at E3 this year, to get my hands on it early!

I'd love for this game to have online co-op but that's EXTREME wishful thinking. If they tighten up the controls a tick and add that, this game goes from great to perfect IMO.

This is gonna be so fun!! I can't wait to play as Wolverine and Cyclops!

The best thing about the game is seeing the Lego interpreted minifigs of all the Super Heroes!!

iambob13 from Rebelscum posted some more info he found on the game.

Here's actual development video!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=P8c-9pM7VPA

That was pulled from this article courtesy of CBR - http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43043
Gooker1

Postby raulrain » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:05 pm

Ohh Yeah !!! it would be insane if a Lego Agent Phil Coulson minifig would be the exclusive with the pre-orders of the game, One can wish !! :cool:

there´s a trailer in Siliconera, http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/08/le ... pider-man/ XD !!!!!
Last edited by Draykov on Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged double post
raulrain

Postby wegj » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:50 pm

No doubt another exclusive minifig with pre-order, I wonder who it will be?
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Who do I want to play first?! Wellllllll, now that you mention it, here are my top 3:
Ultron
Ultron
I mean, my name is Ultron 32, so...

Although I'm looking forward to Galactus as well. Can't wait. This news totally made my day.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby dodge » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm

I would love to play (or do anything) as Galactus. The question is: will it be a big 'minifig' or a brick-built character? TIME WILL TELL!!!
dodge

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:35 pm

I doubt Galactus will be a playable character. I'd bet on something similar the the Joker mech levels from Batman 2.

I don't care if he's brick built or a big (BIG) fig, I'm just looking forward to seeing him.
buriedbybricks

Postby Olymprix » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:03 pm

YES! FINALLY! DC is SOOOO over-rated!

Character I want to play first: hard choice, probably Cap.
"Size matters not." -- Yoda

Until you get stepped on, buddy...
Olymprix

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:54 pm

Awesome! Finally! I love how they include Deadpool among the heroes. I can't wait to see him in the game. His character and the Lego humor of these games are a perfect match. Of course they'll have to "keep it clean" but that's what we are getting a Deadpool game for, right?
Which character do I want to play first? All of them. :D Seriously, I cannot decide whether I want to swing around with spidey, smash everything in sight with Hulk, shred everyone to pieces with Wolverine, or fly around with Iron Man.
There better be as many characters in this game as they promise. LB2's lineup was a bit disappointing, especially with all those platform-exclusive characters. And let's hope the pre-order exclusive will be as great as the Lex Luthor poly.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby gomek » Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:26 am

I just hope that they do a version for the wii, and not just the wii u. I will gladly pay $30 to play it. $300+ for a new console, not as much.
gomek

Postby Drock » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:22 pm

Well, I'm really more of a DC fan, but I will pick up this for sure. I believe I've gotten nearly all of the LEGO games to date (except Complete Saga SW and Indy 2), and have enjoyed them all. I still enjoyed PotC and Harry Potter, even though I am lukewarm about their source material.
Drock

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:35 pm

Even as a DC fan, I think I'm looking forward to this more than I was to LEGO Batman 2. Why? Variety. Sure, there were lots of DC characters in LB2, both heroes and villains, but most had very little to do. It was primarily the Batman/Superman show, like almost everything else DC puts out outside the comics. Even when you got to use somebody like GL, it was in service to a Batman/Superman centric storyline, and in Gotham City, to boot. I have high hopes that the Marvel game will make better use of a wider array of characters.

I still want them to make a real LEGO Justice League game, with a hub that's basically the Hall of Justice (or some other headquarters the JL has used) and where you go to levels in a bunch of different environments, suited to the various heroes. A GL level that takes place in space or on an alien planet. An Aquaman level underwater, Superman battling through, say, the Fortress of Solitude. Variety, and making full use of the individuality of the characters. Levels that represent totally different battles against different foes (that aren't HEAVILY weighted toward Batman villains). LB2 was a great LEGO BATMAN game, IMHO, but a disappointment in terms of expanding into the rest of the DCU.

Maybe the Marvel game won't give me something like that, either, but it already SOUNDS more promising, and I expect both greater variety of villains, AND greater use of a wide variety of heroes.
Mister Ed

Postby havoc8154 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:36 pm

Did anyone else notice the Naboo Star Yacht on the shelf about 47 seconds in?
havoc8154

Postby Oky Wan Kenobi » Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:34 pm

Agreed. Plus LB2 had some pointless characters as well which should have been replaced by some more interesting characters. I mean who wants to play as Bruce Wayne or Vicky Vale anyway? Let's hope they do the characters in this game some more justice, which looks like they are. There is some concept art that looks like Asgard, so that's a good sign.

@ gomek: Sorry, but the gameinformer doesn't list the Wii among the platforms this is going to be on, just the Wii U.
Oky Wan Kenobi

Postby zwolya » Thu Jan 10, 2013 9:29 pm

I believe that the Batman game was Batman-centric because all of the Lego sets were.
Or was it the other way around?

Either way, looking forward to this. Hopefully they tightened up the flying mechanics, but I bet Spidey's motion controls will be the really epic thing this one brings to the table.
zwolya

Postby Drock » Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:27 am

zwolya wrote:I believe that the Batman game was Batman-centric because all of the Lego sets were.
Or was it the other way around?

Which is why I think this game will be "The Avengers and Spiderman 'n' Pals" Granted, that itself is more characters than just Batman, Superman, and Robin, but it's the same idea

And I'm sure we'll see some lame characters like Pepper Potts and Peter Parker.
Drock

Postby Dr Axels » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:08 am

I have been meaning to buy a new Lego game for a long time for my 360. All the ones I currently own are for PS2. I think I can safely say I found just the right one. XD
Dr Axels

Next

Return to Licensed Themes