Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Future 2013 Star Wars sets

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Future 2013 Star Wars sets

Postby SWfanforever » Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:53 am

Happy Holidays to everyone! I've been looking for news on 2013 SW sets. Saw the winter wave and even though they look cool and I will probably purchase some I'm a bit dissappointed. I was hoping for some news of large SW sets. Some say that they ususally hold off till the summer months for the bigger sets which I guess from a business standpoint makes sense. Then I saw a list of 2013 SW summer sets....is this list official? Jabba's Sail Barge, Republic Gunship and Republic AT-TE Walker? Those three sets really jumped out to me. I guess though I was hoping for some even larger sets. I noticed a new winter planet set includes a Republic Assault Ship. I thought maybe since SW Episode II will be in the theaters late summer 2013 that this mini version of the Assault Ship set might be a precursor to a large Republic Assault Ship lego set coming this spring or summer. The timing would be good. Any thoughts on this or any other large lego sets? Maybe a UCS At-At? Or a Jedi Temple? Those would great and highly anticipated. Any thoughts?
SWfanforever

Re: Future 2013 Star Wars sets

Postby prime_time » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:10 pm

i'd like to see a jedi temple set, i'd deffenetly buy that to put with the palpatines arrest set
prime_time

Postby banthafodder » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:03 pm

I did see the list on brikpedia and does seem pretty legit. There seems to be a large number of Chima sets coming out. Some of the LOTR sets seem promising such as the battle at the black gate. Hopefully that means we get a witch king. There is also a wizard's battle so maybe a saruman is in the works.
http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/2013
banthafodder

Postby Ibiscribe » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:30 am

I wouldn't really expect him to be there, because he wasn't present in the books or movie... but this Flickr page has an image of the box for that set, with images of the characters on it. In the lower left they show a handful of guys. There is one that is tall and black, with something pointy on his head. The Wiki page suggests this is the Mouth of Sauron, but the Witch King had a spiked crown too... on the right we can see a figure (the same guy?) on a black horse, mowing down some Rohan guy. Odds are very high that it's Mouthy and not the Witch-King, but I still wish that image was a little larger.

Regarding actual Star Wars sets... I think the Rancor pit is about all that appeals to me as far as the larger sets go. Unless they went and made something like the Massassi Base. But that doesn't really seem "interesting" enough for LEGO to want to base a set off of.
Ibiscribe

Postby banthafodder » Thu Dec 27, 2012 12:47 pm

looking at those pictures of the sail barge it looks like there may be a Max Rebo.
banthafodder

Postby Axonflaxon » Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:15 pm

The sail barge looks pretty neat. I just wish it wasn't so expensive. $120 for a rehash with 855 pieces? Sounds like a TRU exclusive to me
Axonflaxon

Return to Star Wars