Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] CUUSOO Dewback

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] CUUSOO Dewback

Postby Daiman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi all, hope you like this one.
Forgive me for not typing an over verbose intro to this but it's Xmas and my partner has chores for me...

http://lego.cuusoo.com/ideas/view/32327

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31210694@N06/
Daiman

Re: [SW] CUUSOO Dewback

Postby Solo » Sun Dec 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Is this based on an appearance in the Clone Wars that I don't know about? The proportions look very off and the eye is way more expressive than feels right. That's a really cool design and all, it just doesn't quite look right to me. Crossbreed this with the original Dewback and I'm in.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Daiman » Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:32 pm

I totally understand your sentiment here Don, when I was designing the Dewback I really had to wonder if I was doing the right thing. I was actually swaying just outside my comfort zone with this rendition but tried to base it on what TLG has already displayed it finds acceptable/achievable for this type of creature. As for the markings I really think that is something TLG would come up with .As the mold looks radically different when you change the surface appearance there is no end to the variations you could come up with and I didn't want to assume what the equipment is capable of.
If this thing ever gets to 10,000 votes I'm sure Lego would do the beast justice just as it did the Rancor so jump on board and vote 1 for Dewback goodness.
Daiman

Postby Ibiscribe » Wed Dec 26, 2012 10:33 am

Why, it's the rare yellow-eyed dewback subspecies, of course. :P
If they can have 2-3 species of Bantha, and 2-3 kinds of Krayt Dragon, I don't think having a little variety in Dewbacks would be a very big deal.

I love 'im. Will definitely click that big green button!
When I'm not playing or being artsy, I work on sites like www.vincentmartella.com and IPO Boutique. In other words, I never stop playing or being artsy!
Ibiscribe

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase