Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

First Hobbit Polybag Available @ TRU

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Re: First Hobbit Polybag Available @ TRU

Postby azoreg » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:35 pm

My local TRU would not give me the " $25 off $100" promo with the mirkwood elves.

I still bought a dozen on Wed before Thanksgiving... and then returned on Cyber Monday to return them, and re-buy them for the BOGO 50%. I also bought all they had left on Cyber Monday. :-)
azoreg

Postby chronosknight » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:49 am

My Toys 'R Us doesn't have these in stock. Not sure that they ever will. Probably waiting for all of those "awesome" Harry Potter and pod-racer polybags to sell out first. -_-

Here's to hoping that I can snag a couple for myself without having to pay six times cost from a scalper...
chronosknight

Postby mjacobson » Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:32 pm

Has anyone seen these lately? I could only pick up one when LEGO Hobbit sets rolled out. I was hoping to snag 3 for stocking stuffers. I guess my kids are getting Anakin podracers instead... :(
mjacobson

Postby lego the hutt » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:25 am

mjacobson wrote:Has anyone seen these lately? I could only pick up one when LEGO Hobbit sets rolled out. I was hoping to snag 3 for stocking stuffers. I guess my kids are getting Anakin podracers instead... :(

^This
Anyone seen any mirkwood elf polybags? A TRU rep told me 2 weeks ago that they had them in stock but they wouldn't be released til the 16th. I haven't heard anything since then...
lego the hutt

Postby ufjason » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:31 pm

I still see both Hobbit poly bags at TRU in my area.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby mjacobson » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:04 pm

So, on Wednesday, I go to my local TRU and ask about Mirkwood Elves. I get "Sorry. We don't have any, :( but store X has 47 and store XX has 50 in the stockroom :D ." So, on Thursday, I go to TRU X, tell them my story and I get "What? We have 47!?! Let me go look for you...". After some minutes: "Sorry. I looked everywhere they might be, I can't find them." :facepalm: So I ask "Can you call store XX and see if they have them and can physically touch them before I drive out there?" "Sure!" While the customer service person is on hold with store XX (they never picked up the phone), I saw a LEGO rep. I figured she could find it ;) . Nope :S . Now it's Friday. Third day, third store. I go up to the service desk, explain my situation, she checks the computer and makes a call to the stockroom. Over the two-way radio, I hear the stock clerk. He seems to know exactly what I'm talking about... or at least has a pretty good idea. He says they're on a hold and can't be released for sale until January 1st. Boo, TRU, booo. >8(
mjacobson

Postby shoggoth666 » Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:13 am

It's back at TRU. Limited 3 per customer also available as free promo with 20$ lego purchase.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17328336&gcsct=0ChMI8PbOzNmwtAIVmcrmCh3BFgAAEAA
shoggoth666

Postby LVM » Mon Jan 14, 2013 10:31 am

shoggoth666 wrote:It's back at TRU. Limited 3 per customer also available as free promo with 20$ lego purchase.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=17328336&gcsct=0ChMI8PbOzNmwtAIVmcrmCh3BFgAAEAA

Ahh.. just noticed your post was from December, tried to order and they are all out of stock around my area :'(
LVM

Previous

Return to Licensed Themes