Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

CMF Series 9: Forest Maiden...

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

CMF Series 9: Forest Maiden...

Postby Blue Squadron » Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:32 am

No, I'm not going mad, this thread is in the correct place...

Now that the official pics are out, and this being primarily a Star Wars Lego site, does anyone else look at that hair-piece for the Forest Maiden and see the potential for use on an Endor / Ewok Village version of a Princess Leia minifig...?

Admittedly, it would be better in a darker brown if it was to be used in an official set but the basic features of the long braided hairstyle are there.

Ewok Village playset anyone...? :shock: :lol:
Blue Squadron

Re: CMF Series 9: Forest Maiden...

Postby Mister Ed » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 am

That was indeed the very first thing I thought upon seeing it. I am such a nerd. (And apparently, so are you. ;) )
Mister Ed

Postby cas » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 am

Ditto on that one. I saw it and thought, ewok village coming soon, yay!
cas
Staff Writer

Postby Blue Squadron » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:13 pm

Mister Ed wrote:That was indeed the very first thing I thought upon seeing it. I am such a nerd. (And apparently, so are you. ;) )

Ha! Yes, guilty as charged! XD (my wife says so all the time! :facepalm: :x :lol: )

I'm glad to know, however, that I'm not the only one to make such nerdy leaps of logic!

It's a version of Leia that's so obscure I never really thought we'd see it made as on official minifigure in a set. That particular hair-piece is such a specific shape, and with such specific detailing in the braiding, that it's almost impossible not to make the connection, or to wonder what the coincidence would be of them making such a detailed piece for any other reason that *didn't* include an Ewok Village Leia.

Although it is also possible that it could have been developed for an Ewok Village set that was later canned in the development phase but someone saw or knew about this piece and figured they could use it for the CMF series anyway...?
:shock:
Blue Squadron

Postby lego the hutt » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:30 pm

Someone leaked some info on toys and bricks forum and said they saw a retailer catalog...as well as the cinema modular that has been reported multiple times now...they said they saw a Ewok Village!

Of course this is unofficial but...looks like the forest maiden hair piece speculation may be true...
lego the hutt

Postby ufjason » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:11 pm

Except Leia isn't ginger.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby onions » Sat Dec 22, 2012 9:29 am

ufjason wrote:Except Leia isn't ginger.

try as i might i can't make sense of this. Splain?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Prince Kahuka » Sat Dec 22, 2012 4:45 pm

Ginger = a redhead
Prince Kahuka

Postby cas » Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:48 pm

I think it's safe to say if Lego used this hair piece in a future "Ewok Village" set, they'd use a more accurate color.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby daevster » Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:54 pm

I was originally going to get her because of her resemblance to a certain Disney/PIXAR Brave character, but now that you point out the similarities to Leia, I'm even more interested :)
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby murphquake » Tue Jan 08, 2013 3:39 am

i've seen the Ewok Village set. Ok it was a smaller than 1cm square thumbnail but I saw it. By the time I saw this thread I already had my "brave" and put on ROTJ and saw what you guys are talking about. It's uncanny how spot on the hair is, they really nailed it. I can't wait for the summer sets, and am looking forward to seeing this version of Leia
murphquake

Postby Bellicose » Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:43 pm

Funny thing to me is that this without buying an entire box, this was the hardest minifig for me to find of all of Series 9...finally found one today.

So I wonder if people have been running on this specific minifig, because of the Leia likeness. Who knows...
Bellicose

Return to Star Wars