Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Summer CUUSOO Results To Be Revealed Thursday

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Summer CUUSOO Results To Be Revealed Thursday

Postby Staff » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:57 am

CUUSOO Review Announcement

LEGO CUUSOO posted on their blog today that the results from the summer review of supported projects will be revealed in a video message this coming Thursday December 20th. The four projects under consideration are EVE Online Ships - Rifter, Back to the Future DeLorean Time Machine, The Legend of Zelda, and Modular Western Town.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/12/18/summer-cuusoo-results-to-be-revealed-thursday/
Staff

Re: Summer CUUSOO Results To Be Revealed Thursday

Postby banthafodder » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:28 am

Here's hoping for that western modular town.
banthafodder

Postby bacon1986 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:56 am

I am 90% sure the western modular will be released (and looking forward to a Western alternative to the Lone Ranger license) and I am 75% sure that EVE will get it's set produced. I bet negotiating with Universal and Delorean Motor Company is what has delayed this so long, and I also think that they both green-lit the product. As for Zelda, I am guessing it's a no go for that since K'Nex has Nintendo products right now, though I really hope I am wrong. That's my 2 cents.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:36 am

I'm guessing that at least a couple of these will be produced, since they're going to make an announcement through video. I'm REALLY hoping for the Back to the Future DeLorean!
The_Chosen_1

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:38 am

LET'S-GO-WESTERN-LET'S-GO! I think your thoughts are likely to come true, mr.....bacon? The one thing is, seeing as they are getting ready to produce Lone Ranger, they might not want to do the Western town. And if BTTF does make it, it could cost alot because of the two licenses. For that reason, presuming the two licensees even would/have said/say yes, LEGO might say no.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby Olymprix » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:31 pm

Finally! I've been waiting for this for so long!
"Size matters not." -- Yoda

Until you get stepped on, buddy...
Olymprix

Postby gomek » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:45 pm

Lego has done stranger things, but to do a video press release announcing all the entries were rejected would be ridiculous and create a tremendous amount of ill will.
gomek

Postby Ultron32 » Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:22 pm

@Gomek: so chances are, atleast one of them has made it.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:47 am

I was hoping for the Sandcrawler, what a bummer.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:14 pm

The Sandcrawler is designated for the next review. Which means in six months we may hear about that one... Maybe sooner?
bacon1986

Postby Drock » Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:47 pm

Honestly, I'm only expecting the EVE Online to make it.

For the reasons others mentioned, I don't think Zelda or BTTF will make it. I don't see the Western Town being produced and competing with the Lone Ranger.
Drock

Postby veggietale2 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:19 pm

I think Legend of Zelda Will Make it... K'nex has the right to the Mario or MarioKart series, I believe. And Lego and Nintendo seem to have been in cahoots lately... Have any of you seen the latest Nintendo Direct? It had their president, Satoru Iwata( Hope that's right...) as a LEGO MINIFIGURE!!!! It also had a Ba-bomb walking across his desk(which leads me to believe that It is the MarioKart franchise K'nex owns).And Nintendo Is publishing Lego City: Undercover for the Wii U. By the way, really, go check out that awesome segment on the Nintendo Direct website.
Last edited by veggietale2 on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
veggietale2

Postby bacon1986 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:08 am

I haven't seen the video, but I just read through the explainations for why they chose what they did. I don't quite understand the reasoning behind the EVE Online reject except that maybe they mean they don't think it has a broad enough appeal. Though I'm disappointed that the Western set (conflicts with Lone Ranger I guess) and Zelda (too many new molds would need to be produced) aren't being made, I am super stoked about the BTTF Delorean. Can't wait to see the final model. Hopefully it's just as good, if not better than, the original model submitted for review.
bacon1986

Postby Ibiscribe » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:16 am

Not getting the western town is pretty disappointing... I mean, if they have Castle and LOTR, why not Western and Lone Ranger? It seems like they would have gone well together. :shock:
Ibiscribe

Return to Licensed Themes