Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Releases 12/18 for EU

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Releases 12/18 for EU

Postby Staff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:05 am

Just got a note from my LEGO representative that 10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout will go on sale for the EU market tomorrow December 18th. Price is £129.99 UK / 159,99 €. For us here in North America, we still have to wait until December 31st.

I don't mind waiting, really. With so much new stuff coming out, it eases the hurt on the wallet a tad.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/12/17/10937-batman-arkham-asylum-breakout-releases-1218-for-eu/
Staff

Re: 10937 Batman: Arkham Asylum Breakout Releases 12/18 for

Postby gomek » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

another set with all rehashed figures.. With so many DC universe figures still waiting to made, I have no choice but to classify this as a complete failure. (The new Arkham is nice, but doesn't make up for it). Clayface? Manbat? Heck, I'll even take a Bat-mite over being asked to re-purchase sets I already have.
gomek

Postby onions » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:13 pm

wow. probably the first negative reaction i've seen towards this set.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:22 pm

gomek wrote:another set with all rehashed figures.. With so many DC universe figures still waiting to made, I have no choice but to classify this as a complete failure. (The new Arkham is nice, but doesn't make up for it). Clayface? Manbat? Heck, I'll even take a Bat-mite over being asked to re-purchase sets I already have.

While I would agree with the desire to see some new characters, I can't quite fathom judging the set solely based on the minifigs included, which is what you SEEM to be doing. "The new Arkham is nice, but doesn't make up for it"? I would have thought the new Arkham WAS the set, and the minifigs were only there to populate it. To my mind, the niceness of the new Arkham is really the important part when it comes to judging the set.

Course, I can't afford this set, anyway. But I still think it is a good one. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby wyldjedi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:08 pm

This set would look pretty cool right next to the Haunted House set. Rehashed figures do not bother me so much as long as those are the minority and the set is good.
wyldjedi

Postby bkthomson » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:16 pm

wyldjedi wrote:This set would look pretty cool right next to the Haunted House set. Rehashed figures do not bother me so much as long as those are the minority and the set is good.

I was thinking the same thing though to be honest the haunted house seems to be a better build from the pictures of Arkham I've seen.
bkthomson

Postby anakinisvader » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 am

bkthomson wrote:
wyldjedi wrote:This set would look pretty cool right next to the Haunted House set. Rehashed figures do not bother me so much as long as those are the minority and the set is good.

I was thinking the same thing though to be honest the haunted house seems to be a better build from the pictures of Arkham I've seen.

Maybe if you already have these figures you can just move them into the Haunted House and it could be a Haunted Asylum.
anakinisvader

Postby Drock » Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:18 am

For anyone keeping tabs, the US Rlease date is now December 27. So as soon as the novelty of your Christmas gifts wears off, you can buy this guy!

I've been really looking forward to getting this beautiful set since the first pictures were revealed. I'm not super excited about the minifigs in this set, but the building is gorgeous and looks like it has so many little features and functions. I will grab it as soon as I can afford it.
Drock

Return to Finds/Deals