Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[US] New Superheroes sets at Amazon

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

[US] New Superheroes sets at Amazon

Postby Drock » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:03 am

Amazon has

76000- Arctic Batman vs Mr Freeze
76004- Spidercycle chase

Both are from Amazon; not third parties. So they are at MSRP $19.99
Drock

Re: [US] New Superheroes sets at Amazon

Postby DagsBricks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:25 am

Looks like a blatant rip-off the M.A.S.K. toys from the mid 80's. My first thought was a modified Raven and Bullet having a showdown.
DagsBricks

Postby onions » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 am

thanks for the tip.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:36 am

DagsBricks wrote:Looks like a blatant rip-off the M.A.S.K. toys from the mid 80's. My first thought was a modified Raven and Bullet having a showdown.

man i loved that toy.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby bkthomson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 9:56 am

I bought both sets at TRU on Wednesday and have built them.

Spider-Man set is nice and I like how they mange the wheels for the hover 'capabilities' though the back of the car with the missile looks off with the rest of the car which is nice. We've seen the spider-man figure before so nothing new, and the Nick Fury figure would fit with well a Lego City police set, but Venom as a fig is good but the extra venom esque pieces are too bulky around him.

Batman / Mr. Freeze / Aquaman set was also nice. I liked the crystal element of the standard rock face and would like more of those to build a cool ice castle. The bat-boat looks nice as well nothing special too it with the exception of the 'pizza' launchers is better than the flick missiles. Batman fig is white, and white, which I can see getting dirty very easily with enough touches. Mr. Freeze is really Lego Atlantis fig but blue and it works really well better than the fish bowl version of the past. Aquaman, is simple as well but really has some nice graphic details.
bkthomson

Postby Pellaeon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:23 am

bkthomson wrote:I bought both sets at TRU on Wednesday and have built them.
Batman / Mr. Freeze / Aquaman set was also nice. I liked the crystal element of the standard rock face and would like more of those to build a cool ice castle. The bat-boat looks nice as well nothing special too it with the exception of the 'pizza' launchers is better than the flick missiles. Batman fig is white, and white, which I can see getting dirty very easily with enough touches. Mr. Freeze is really Lego Atlantis fig but blue and it works really well better than the fish bowl version of the past. Aquaman, is simple as well but really has some nice graphic details.

Lucky! Could you tell us: does Mr. Freeze have a double-sided head or back printing? Thanks!
Pellaeon

Postby DagsBricks » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:38 am

onions wrote:
DagsBricks wrote:Looks like a blatant rip-off the M.A.S.K. toys from the mid 80's. My first thought was a modified Raven and Bullet having a showdown.

man i loved that toy.

I've still got all of them. You should come over and we can swoosh and vroom them. :D
DagsBricks

Postby bkthomson » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Pellaeon wrote:
bkthomson wrote:I bought both sets at TRU on Wednesday and have built them.

Lucky! Could you tell us: does Mr. Freeze have a double-sided head or back printing? Thanks!

Nope, single sided with an angry look, I guess he must has used that face a lot and it just froze that way.
bkthomson

Postby Pellaeon » Sat Dec 15, 2012 1:33 pm

bkthomson wrote:
Pellaeon wrote:Lucky! Could you tell us: does Mr. Freeze have a double-sided head or back printing? Thanks!

Nope, single sided with an angry look, I guess he must has used that face a lot and it just froze that way.

Very disappointing, I wonder why there is no alternate with goggles or something? Good thing I have the older figure, I'll use his head.

Thanks for the reply.
Pellaeon

Postby wegj » Sat Dec 15, 2012 2:10 pm

AH! This is great! Modifying Christmas list...
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby TrueKnight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 4:10 pm

Looks like the Spidey set is already sold out by Amazon direct. Only listing now is a third party who has the price marked up to $60.00. :(
TrueKnight

Postby ilduomo » Sat Dec 15, 2012 7:20 pm

TrueKnight, that set is back in stock. I just bought them both :-)
ilduomo

Postby TrueKnight » Sat Dec 15, 2012 8:52 pm

ilduomo wrote:TrueKnight, that set is back in stock. I just bought them both :-)

Correct! I was just getting on to post the same thing. I grabbed both the Spidey 76004 set and the Batman 76001. :) I've seen the Spidey set disappear twice today and it shows only a $60 third party available. For anyone else, if it's gone, don't give up. Keep running a search and hopefully it will show back up.

TK
TrueKnight

Postby davedude » Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:52 am

i wish i could buy lego from amazon.com....it wont let canadians buy it from there....so cheap too!
davedude

Return to Finds/Deals