Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Announces The Lone Ranger Theme

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

LEGO Announces The Lone Ranger Theme

Postby Staff » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 pm

The Lone Ranger

Update: We've been asked to take the image down.

At some point in the recent past, LEGO made live the brand site for their newest licensed theme, The Lone Ranger. You only get the CG image above with a date of April 2013. The Lone Ranger movie is a Disney film starring Armie Hammer as title character and Johnny Depp as Tonto. The expected release date for the film is July 3, 2013. I have doubts as to whether or not sets based on the movie will be available for viewing at Toy Fair. Disney's pulled product from the booth for the collector event only to put them back out for the industry appointments. Stay tuned for more news as we get it.

Thanks to Groove Bricks for writing it in.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/12/08/lego-announces-the-lone-ranger-them/
Staff

Re: LEGO Announces The Lone Ranger Theme

Postby Jacopoli » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 am

Just in time for modular western town, me thinks.
Jacopoli

Postby JohnGreenArt » Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:36 pm

This will go great with that CUUSOO western theme, if that one gets approved (though I wouldn't be surprised if LEGO won't do the CUUSOO set if they think it would conflict with their official Lone Ranger sets.)
JohnGreenArt

Postby sparkart » Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:15 pm

Did Johnny Depp just tie Harrison Ford for the record for most LEGO licensed characters? The Star Wars gang's got numerous incarnations, but those are costume changes or iterations on the same character.

Ford's got Han Solo & Indiana Jones, now Depp's got Captain Jack Sparrow & Tonto. Is 2 the high water mark for number of LEGO Licensed characters?
sparkart

Postby crazybirdman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:36 pm

Alfred Molina has 3.
crazybirdman

Postby Arsenalfan98 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:38 pm

^^Nope. Warwick Davis has 4 figures (Wicket the Ewok, A Gringott's bank Goblin, Gringott, and Wald, young Anakin's friend from Tatooine). Alfred Molina also has 3 figures (Sheik Amar from PoP, Doc Ock (1st design) and Satipo from Indiana Jones.
Really excited for this theme. New tomahawk mold! New pistol mold! New buffalo skull mold!
I'm sold already.
Arsenalfan98

Postby UOldPirate » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah, there was a thread about this on Brickset a few months back:
http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4394/multiple-mini-fig-incarnations-how-many-and-who

Ian McKellen was also mentioned with 2 (Galdalf and Magneto). However, I disagree with that as the Magneto mini fig is clearly based on the comic book version and not Ian McKellen's amazing work in the 3 X-Men films.
UOldPirate

Postby onions » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:41 am

we've been asked to take the image down. but if you missed it you can still see it here and here
onions
Damp Noodle

Postby Flynn » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:26 pm

I also take issue with Warwick Davis, given that his figures are either based on costumes or are just generic molds (the goblins, for example).

Of course, on that note Molina is pushing it a bit as well given that Satipo has a generic head print.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby cas » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:16 pm

Set pics over at brickset. I'm too lazy to post them here. Totally kick the PotC line to the curb. Based on first impressions, I'm super impressed.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:33 pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby Flynn » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:26 pm

Really dislike the pointless new pistol designs, other than that it looks pretty danged good. Will definitely pick up a couple of these.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:33 pm

Is Tonto really going to have that dead bird on his head the ENTIRE movie? I can't imagine that not getting really silly after a while.
Mister Ed

Postby Mister Ed » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:25 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:After a while?

I thought it was utterly ridiculous from minute one, but whatever Depp wants, he gets.

Well, yeah, but I figured it was just from a brief humorous sequence, not his constant attire. If I'm looking at that through the whole movie, the joke will get old fast.
Mister Ed

Postby Robzula » Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:42 am

Mister Ed wrote:If I'm looking at that through the whole movie, the joke will get old fast.

It's not really meant to be a joke. And some native tribes had headdresses similar to that.
Robzula
Staff Writer

Return to Licensed Themes