Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Toys R Us BOGO sale...

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Toys R Us BOGO sale...

Postby deco_droid » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:17 pm

Let's see -- Death Star for $299, SS Destroyer for $299, UCS Imperial Shuttle for $195

Get them while you can. Oh wait, this isn't a good deal because TRU sucks, right?

Oh yah, and the other day I got two Falcons for $55 each, at least that's my "claim". :lol:
Last edited by deco_droid on Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deco_droid

Re: Toys R Us BOGO sale...

Postby buriedbybricks » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:21 pm

Link?
BOGO 40%, 50%, free?

Your "claims" might be more believable if you gave some more useful information on how you got these prices, no one else seems to find.
buriedbybricks

Postby deco_droid » Tue Nov 27, 2012 5:26 pm

buriedbybricks wrote:Link?
BOGO 40%, 50%, free?

Your "claims" might be more believable if you gave some more useful information on how you got these prices, no one else seems to find.

BOGO 50% off is the only one that matters... I trust you to find their website.

Oh, and actually I have explained how I save money at TRU a couple of times. It's just that the guy running this site doesn't believe me for whatever reason. Why he thinks I would make up stories to try to help LEGO fans save money is beyond me.
deco_droid

Postby DarthBuilder » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:04 pm

This just in, deco_droid thinks onions is the only one here that doesn't believe him.
DarthBuilder

Postby SDIronClaw » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:06 pm

He is right, just checked it out. I'm surprised TRU is offering this deal. Dang, good deal, but I'll think I'll have to pass. It's listed under the TRU website.....http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3506488
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Solo » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:18 pm

You've actually not explained your strategy for wild TRU savings, at least not on the forum with any meaningful depth. "Sign up for their rewards program" doesn't cover anything. By all means, explain how you swung $55 per Falcon the other day.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby kibosh » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:01 pm

I'm gonna go out on a limb, and guess the explanation, if given, is vague. :roll:

You'd think he would be able to post a picture of the receipt showing his Falcons at this price. I'm going to guess there's a very good reason why this can't happen though. :roll:
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby Draykov » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:29 pm

TRU wrote:This offer excludes books, Galaxy Squad, Ninjago, Technic, video games & video game accessories. Discounted item must be of equal or lesser value to lowest priced item purchased.
HOW IT WORKS
· It’s easy… just follow these simple steps!

· Must add 2 items to cart in order to qualify for offer

· Maximum 1 discount per order

· While quantities last

A good deal if you still need more than any one of these, and it's feasible that if you want to double up on a single set, it'd be easy enough to make at least the MSRP back later if you're willing to part with the cash now. And it is free shipping with a TRU card or on orders over $49.

Still, it seems to me there is either some creative math or creative ordering involved based on the original post. A Death Star and a SSD alone is still gonna run you $600. Not sure how you're also getting a shuttle discounted unless you're just buying two of everything with multiple orders.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Coret » Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:09 pm

I do believe this post should be titled "How not to post a great deal."
Coret

Toys'R'Us Includes UCS Sets for BOGO 50%

Postby Staff » Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Toys'R'Us finally included the big UCS sets in their Buy One Get One 50% off LEGO deal this week, and by big UCS sets, I mean 10188 Death Star, 10221 Super Star Destroyer, 10212 Imperial Shuttle, and 10225 R2-D2. 10225 R2-D2 is seeing a slight markup, $20 over MSRP. The other three are right at MSRP so you could see a potential savings of 25% if you pair two items of the same price.

Alternatively, if you live in a state where Amazon doesn't charge sales tax, you should know that you might see a better deal buying 10221 Super Star Destroyer from there since it's still priced at $319.99, a 20% discount. 10212 Imperial Shuttle is seeing a 19% discount, $50 off MSRP to ring up at $209.99. And 10225 R2D2? It's seeing a 22% discount down to $139.97. 10188 Death Star? Still full price but that may change any day now.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/27/toysrus-includes-ucs-sets-for-bogo-50/
Staff

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 5:40 am

I was pretty annoyed when I went into my local TRU yesterday and tried to get the 4181 Isla De La Muerta set ($21.99) and the 6867 Loki's Cosmic Cube which on their website was $19.99 but in the store rang up at $24.99. I asked them to match the price from their website and they said they could do that, but then it wouldn't be part of the BOGO offer. So I put that back and got another $21.99 set. I also bought two of the 30213 Gandalf polybags and they somehow didn't qualify for the BOGO either. Very frustrating, especially when I am holding my baby daughter in my arm and trying to carry the sets and polybags back and forth between registers. They were nice enough to get me a shopping cart after they couldn't price match Loki's Cosmic Cube.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:13 am

That sucks. Might have been worth a shot to ask if you could use their computer to order those online and select free in store pick up. I'm sure they wouldn't go for it, but what harm could it do?
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby lego the hutt » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:33 am

Having the larger sets being usable in conjunction with a major sale is a nice change. I don't think anyone expected that (it still doesn't apply to modulars.) There is also a limit of one, which is halved from the standard limit of 2. It is a little fishy that they changed that mid-sale.

Sure every now and then you can get a decent deal at TRU, usually only on TRU exclusives because everything else you can most likely find a better deal elsewhere if you are patient enough.

I wonder if the above posters deals require calling CS and having them give him something everyone is not entitled to?...which makes them not actually deals at all...and is morally questionable, not to mention the time cost/hassle.

I'd like to hear how deco droid got 2 falcons for 55 dollars each at TRU. I can almost guarantee that it a: wasn't available to everyone and/or b: you have to be a rip off complainer and get CS to give you a better deal. Having a rewards card doesn't actually equate a better deal, that is standard and you have to spend a lot to get those points. I can't figure it out. Maybe someone can point out what I'm missing. deco?
lego the hutt

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:58 am

deco_droid wrote:Oh, and actually I have explained how I save money at TRU a couple of times.

No, you really haven't. I can't recall a single time where you have told us about some unbelievable deal you got on LEGO at TRU (something beyond their advertised sales) and I felt like I then could, following your explanation, get the same amazing deal for myself. Not really helping anybody save money if you don't actually tell them exactly how to get the same deal. Explaining the two $55 Falcons you mentioned in a way that was clear enough that everybody else would feel like the same deal WOULD have been achievable by them (even if it isn't available any longer) would be a good first step.
Mister Ed

Postby azoreg » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:35 pm

I'm not seeing the BOGO 50% on the Toys 'R' Us web site...

Did they "fix it"? Or is this just an in store only deal?

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12010306
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3506488
http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... d=12710103
azoreg

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:52 pm

Promo page is right here: http://www.toysrus.com/category/index.j ... :Home-Page
Although the link to the Lego section is prefaced with 11/25/12 so it might have expired already.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby onions » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:21 pm

their inclusion into the bogo deal was probably a mistake, and thus corrected.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:24 pm

Yea, I tried to add them to my cart and wasn't seeing the BOGO 50% on those expensive sets. Also, R2-D2 is no longer on sale at Amazon. I guess they sold out since it is now being fulfilled by "Fins, Paws and Claws."
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby deco_droid » Wed Nov 28, 2012 2:26 pm

Yah, looks like the UCS fun has ended at TRU. Oh well, there's always amazon...
deco_droid

Postby onions » Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:40 pm

bacon1986 wrote:Yea, I tried to add them to my cart and wasn't seeing the BOGO 50% on those expensive sets. Also, R2-D2 is no longer on sale at Amazon. I guess they sold out since it is now being fulfilled by "Fins, Paws and Claws."

walmart still has them in stock: lego r2-d2
onions
Founder
Founder

Return to Finds/Deals