Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Elrond Minifigure To Come With LEGO LotR Special Edition

Talk about your favorite developments in licensed themes from popular lines like Indiana Jones, Batman, Spongebob, Harry Potter, etc.

Elrond Minifigure To Come With LEGO LotR Special Edition

Postby Staff » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:19 am

Elrond

Will over at Lord of the Bricks discovered this on Amazon.de. No word on if other outlets will have exclusives as well, but if this figure is only available through Amazon then it will be next to impossible to sweet talk someone into giving/selling you one. We'll update when or if this offer will be available elsewhere.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/08/03/elrond-minifigure-to-come-with-lego-lotr-special-edition/
Staff

Re: Elrond Minifigure To Come With LEGO LotR Special Edition

Postby daevster » Fri Aug 03, 2012 8:43 am

Another great reason to get the game! Does this mean no Rivendell? Maybe later?
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Draykov » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:21 am

No reason to believe that...this looks like 2nd Age/Battle of Dagorlad Elrond (i.e. when he was rolling with Isildur).
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby LEGOlas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:30 pm

Judging by http://www.flickr.com/photos/77730926@N07/7529883770/in/photostream I would imagine that this won't be exclusive to Amazon.
LEGOlas

Postby cas » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 pm

Passed on Batman 2 with the Lex pre-order bonus, intending to pass on LotR too, but this is mighty tempting. Mighty tempting.
cas
Staff Writer

Postby ufjason » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:45 pm

Will this be the Gamestop preorder figure? Love the lex figure but had to get him without buying the game. I thought the lotr fig was going to legolas.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby CaptainFordo » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:01 am

Hmm, Lex didn't do much for me, but I was already liking the look of Lego LOTR so this might be just the push I needed :P.
CaptainFordo

Postby Andi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:06 am

Is this only included in the PS3 version?
~Andi

Flickr
Andi

Postby LEGOlas » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:42 am

Andi wrote:Is this only included in the PS3 version?

I doubt it.
LEGOlas

Postby mjacobson » Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:49 pm

When I put down my $5 pre-order on LEGO LotR a month or so ago, I was told the bonus minifig was going to be Gandalf. I thought "Gandalf? We already have Gandalf. How lame. Unless they're going to make him Gandalf the White with hair and a sword instead of a hat." This is better.
mjacobson

Postby Darth Caedus » Tue Sep 25, 2012 7:36 pm

I preordered the PC version from Gamestop, gotta have that Elrond. Only $29.99, and I was going to get the game on Steam anyways.
Darth Caedus

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:01 pm

Gamestop? I thought this was an Amazon exclusive. Or was that only in...wherever Amazon.de is? (Germany?)

Guess I'm behind the times. It clearly IS a Gamestop exclusive. I don't know of any conveniently located Gamestops near me, though, so guess I'll pass.
Mister Ed

Postby banthafodder » Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:11 pm

Just put my figure together tonight. The picture shows Elrond with a full length cape but mine has a hobbit size cape. Is it this way with all of them? To be honest he looks rather foolish with the shorter cape.
banthafodder

Postby CloneDoc » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:59 pm

Mine had a short dark green Cape as well. Somewhat disappointing! :(
CloneDoc

Postby lego the hutt » Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:51 pm

Lord of the brick had a announcement about how the short cape was a mistake and that lego asked those who had received a short cape to let them know and they would replace it with a full sized cape instead of a hobbit cape.

I sent lego customer service a email about it a week or 2 ago and never heard anything back. Maybe I should call.

http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/11/elrond-la-cape-est-une-erreur-commise-par-lego/#comments
lego the hutt

Postby lego the hutt » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:12 pm

So, an update on the elrond cape.

I contacted customer service with an email like was mentioned in this article on Lord of the Brick:
http://www.lordofthebrick.com/2012/11/elrond-la-cape-est-une-erreur-commise-par-lego/#comments

I never got a reply, I didn't think they had sent anything, but just now I checked my mail and I was happy to get a small package from Lego. When I opened it they sent me the wrong cape again!

I got another Hobbit sized cape. :'(

The picture on Lord of the brick clearly shows 2 different pics, one with the correct cape and one with the smaller version (that I have 2 of now).

Just because I have decided to collect every LotR/Hobbit set that is produced, it would be nice if the collection was 100% complete with the correct cape. Maybe in a few days I'll try to contact customer service again. For now I'm a little disappointed.

Did anyone else get the short cape resent instead of the correct one? Did anyone else even care?
lego the hutt

Return to Licensed Themes