I don't really know what I'm getting into, but I thought I would do my part and organize the traditional X-Mas gift exchange this year. Details and conditions
1) Deadline is November 23rd at 11:59 PM
Eastern time to participate, then I figure out who sends to whom and I post it here.
2) To participate, simply post in here. Please specify: a) the country you live in; b) if you will ship within your country or internationally. And please, try to be logical about where you're willing to ship. If you live in the USA, shipping locally won't cause that much of a problem for the drawing. But if you live in Ireland, you might end up shipping something to yourself
3) Once the drawing is done and you know who you're sending to, you must send a set, a MOC or parts worth approximately 10-15 $/£/€ to that person. Please don't go all cheap and dump off your stash of say, extra red 2 X 4 bricks on an unsuspecting person. Instead, look at the posts of the person and figure out what he/she is in to and what might make your gift really special.
4) Expect the same from the person drawn to send to you.
5) Ideally, since it's a X-Mas exchange, everybody should be getting a package in the mail by Christmas, but experience tells us that it is not always possible. I will follow up with all participants to check if items have been sent and/or received.
6) Don't put your name down if you cannot afford to participate or are just trying to score free LEGO without sending some out too. Anyone who participates but doesn't send their side should expect to receive a negative feedback on the Straight Shooters list, with all the consequences that might result from this.On the flip side, all who do receive their gifts are encouraged to post positive feedback on the SSL, as this exchange is considered by all means a trade made through this forum.
In other words, be a responsible adult about this, even if you're not there chronologically.
7) People who agree to participate and then wuss out or don't send their side will be publicly called out on here. I also reserve the right to give them silly nicknames and virtually laught at them whenever I get the chance.
8) When you do receive your gift (and you will
), please post here so I can keep track.
Finally, I am available by PM to answer questions. Good luck, and May The Force (or the Mouse) Be With You!Participating:
1- Andi - Germany - International
2- Daz Hoo - Canada - International
3- SDIronClaw - USA - USA
4- Chief - USA - International
5- Mofo Jones - USA - International
6- bacon1986 - USA - USA
7- Flynn - USA - International
8- Drock - USA - USA
9- cas - USA - USA
10- buriedbybricks - Canada - International
11- ufjason - USA - USA and Canada
12- Diaaabo - Portugal - International
13- dude4life - USA - USA
14- dWhisper - USA - InternationalDrawing results
(As posted here
Here are the results from the draw I did this afternoon under the supervision of my own little self:ufjason
sends to Daz HooDaz Hoo
sends to ChiefChief
sends to FlynnFlynn
sends to SDIronClawSDIronClaw
sends to bacon1986bacon1986
sends to DrockDrock
sends to cascas
sends to Mofo JonesMofo Jones
sends to buriedbybricksburiedbybricks
sends to AndiAndi
sends to dude4lifedude4life
sends to dWhisperdWhisper
sends to DiaaboDiaaabo
sends to ufjason
[color=#FF0000](Let me know by PM if something is not right with this order, and I'll fix it right away.)
Now, what you guys need to do is to contact by PM the person you are sending to in order to get their address and, maybe, find out what he/she would appreciate as a LEGO gift.
Next, when you do send your gift, post a little message here so that your friend and I know that your gift is on its way. Then, when you get your gift, post another little message here to thank your sender-friend and to let me know you have received your gift.
Since it would be nice that everyone would get their gift before Christmas, packages should be in the mail by next week (especially for those shipping internationally).