Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Black Friday Deals

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

Black Friday Deals

Postby ufjason » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:09 am

Black Friday Shopping

Update 2: Updated Toys'R'Us; added Barnes and Noble, Kmart

Update: Added Toys'R'Us, Meijer, Overstock

Just like last year, I'll be compiling all of the Black Friday deal that mentions LEGO into one post. Forum member ufjason already started a thread about it and from the looks of it, there aren't any wallet-breaking deals that are worth going after. I'll be updating this list as more ads come in so keep an eye out.

Barnes and Noble

• Printable coupon for in-store use. Use code T9P3E3W online. Valid through Sunday November 25

Kmart

• Friday Doorbuster deal good from 5am to 11am: BOGO 50% LEGO City, Monster Fighters, and Hero Factory

LEGO Shop@Home

Deals will start at 12:00am Friday Easter/9pm Thursday Pacific

· 10% off all orders of $149 or more
· Free Limited Edition Holiday set with orders of $99 or more.
· FREE Shipping on all orders of $49 or more.
· All offers Valid: Nov 23rd – 26th
· Offers Combinable – No Code Required

Starting November 26th, the free shipping threshold will be $99 and will continue until December 18th. Also, prices should be good in store as well should you be crazy enough to brave a mall on that day.

Meijer

Doors open Friday 6am

• 6860 The Batcave $55.00

Overstock.com

• Lord of the Rings 9472 Attack on Weathertop $47.99

Target

Doors open on Thursday at 9pm.

• 4184 Black Pearl $75

• Duplo deluxe motorized train $75

Toys'R'Us

Doors open on Thursday at 8pm.

TRU LEGO Black Friday

• Unsure if the deals are only for those pictured, or for all LEGO, but my money's on just the ones that are pictures. My money's not on them literally, because, after their markup and the discount, it's only like... 23% off. Maybe less. Thanks to ufjason for doing the math.

• Doorbuster Deals for Thursday 8pm to Midnight: BOGO 50% off regular-priced LEGO Star Wars. Beware of their holiday markup which would affect potential savings.

Walmart

Doors open on Thursday at 8pm.

• Duplo 5748 (86pcs) and Creator 5749 (650pcs) cardboard buckets for 14.99

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/21/black-friday-deals/
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Re: Black Friday 2012 Deals

Postby onions » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:18 am

that black pearl one isn't too bad. last chance to get it as most other places have dried out and at a decent discount.

i honestly think we've seen the last of the black friday lego star wars deal. I think the last good one was 6211 star destroyer from a few years back.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Coret » Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:24 am

Don't remind me of the awesome deal on that Star Destroyer. The Targets in my area didn't get them leaving me out in the wind.....still pissed off about that one.

Target issued a statement earlier saying they wouldn't be catering to the sales as much this year, and from what I have seen they really aren't. Still mad about it no longer being Black Friday and now being Black Thanksgiving.
Coret

Postby ufjason » Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:26 am

Agreed, $60 for the ISD was a great price, that set now is hitting $300! I don't mind if it's not a SW set, but I do mind if it's not at least 40% off. I've got a feeling we'll be seeing lots of Black Pearl's around December 26th for the toy clearance. 25% off just isn't a compelling discount since you can get that or better with sales year round.

I actually don't mind the Black Thursday since there isn't as much craziness. I do feel bad though since there are employees that end up working during a family holiday. I guess it's a great idea executives had who then sit home on the holidays while their employees are out there working. In a down economy, I guess people jump at the double time pay. I wonder if they take volunteers or just assign hours.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby kibosh » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:52 am

I think I'll finally pick up the Black Pearl at $75. I've never seen it anywhere for cheaper. I was just thinking about it last week that I was going to regret not picking it up when I had the chance. Not a great set, but I do love the Pirates franchise.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Brick Friday?

Postby jonutah » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:39 am

Anyone heard any information on what will be available on Brick Friday at Lego stores across the country? I was invited to the VIP event this Saturday, but have no idea if its going to be worth my time.

Thanks,

Jon
jonutah

Postby Draykov » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:40 am

Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby kibosh » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:34 am

I stopped at Target last night, and it was odd to see 4 Black Pearl's sitting there on the shelf. $99.99 for now.
Check out my daily Lego picture at alegoaday.com.
kibosh

Postby onions » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:23 am

overstock.com will have attack on weathertop for sale for $47.99.
onions
Founder
Founder

Black Friday Deals

Postby Staff » Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:34 am

Black Friday Shopping

Just like last year, I'll be compiling all of the Black Friday deal that mentions LEGO into one post. Forum member ufjason already started a thread about it and from the looks of it, there aren't any wallet-breaking deals that are worth going after. I'll be updating this list as more ads come in so keep an eye out.

LEGO Shop@Home

· 10% off all orders of $149 or more
· Free Limited Edition Holiday set with orders of $99 or more.
· FREE Shipping on all orders of $49 or more.
· All offers Valid: Nov 23rd – 26th
· Offers Combinable – No Code Required

Starting November 26th, the free shipping threshold will be $99 and will continue until December 18th. Also, prices should be good in store as well should you be crazy enough to brave a mall on that day.

Target

• 4184 Black Pearl $75

• Duplo deluxe motorized train $75

Walmart

• Duplo 5748 (86pcs) and Creator 5749 (650pcs) cardboard buckets for 14.99

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/21/black-friday-deals/
Staff

Re: Black Friday Deals

Postby russjnco » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:36 am

Lego Store deals (not sure if these are good online as well) - Robie House 21010, Super Star Destroyer 10221 and Town Hall 10224 all 10% off plus the additional 10% for spending over $149. Prices good 11/23 to 11/26.
russjnco

Postby onions » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:56 am

crap. i didn't mean to overwrite the original post. sorry ufjason.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby deco_droid » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:04 am

Coret wrote:Don't remind me of the awesome deal on that Star Destroyer. The Targets in my area didn't get them leaving me out in the wind.....still pissed off about that one.

Target issued a statement earlier saying they wouldn't be catering to the sales as much this year, and from what I have seen they really aren't. Still mad about it no longer being Black Friday and now being Black Thanksgiving.

Yah man, I got 3 or 4 for $50 each that year. Still waiting for their prices to crest before selling a couple. That was a nice set, by the way. Too bad they don't do something like that with the Falcon or Jabba's Palace. I'm not loving these over $100 price points.
deco_droid

Postby ufjason » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:56 am

Way to hijack my thread Onions ;). I'm happy to share and if you're willing to do the work to make a pretty list, saves charity work for me! One addition below.

Toysrus: See below, this is off the markup price making a 23% markdown at best from the sets shown (53.99 from 69.99). Not sure if this deal is for all Lego or just the ones on display. Nothing really exciting imho.

ufjason

Postby wegj » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:34 am

Those are some great deals at shop@home, although I think I'm tapped out after picking up the new Hobbit sets at Fred Meyers this week, which beats most of these deals.

Is it just me, or have other people giving up on trying to make sens of Toys R Us sales, doing the math on their markups, crazy sales and coupons with exclusions ect, then the chance of going in there for it all not to work seems to be just not worth it anymore.
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby Ultron32 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:26 pm

If I'm not mistaken, Lego stores will do the same as past years where they give you a mystery percent off (your whole purchase). I believe also that there will only be 300 of this mystery coupon per store, and the smallest percent off that you will get is 10%. I can say that, if they have it in stock, I will most likely be buying Jabbas palace that day.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby ufjason » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:00 pm

I'd rather stay home and enjoy the deals at midnight with free shipping and 10% off than wake up and head to the store. I guess you "might" get a great discount but I don't have that kind of luck. Now year round clearance is another story!
ufjason

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:49 pm

So is the Lego store doing scratch tickets for Black Friday?
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Walter Boy » Wed Nov 21, 2012 8:00 pm

There isn't much that excites me here. I was hoping for some better deals, but I suppose I shouldn't be too suprised.

Great coverage though! You guys really know how to report on these sales. :D
Walter Boy

Postby hassmyster » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Toys r us just sent me an email and they added BOGO 50% on all Lego Star Wars sets.
hassmyster

Next

Return to Finds/Deals