Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mech Madness Sweet Sixteen Bracket 4

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Pick 1:

Poll ended at Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 pm

37%
63%

Total votes : 113

Mech Madness Sweet Sixteen Bracket 4

Postby Solo » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:57 pm

This is Bracket 4 of the Sweet Sixteen round. You have 3 days to vote. Good luck!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Mech Madness Sweet Sixteen Bracket 4

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:47 am

Good luck to you Lanterne Rouge! May the best mech win!
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Flynn » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:22 am

OH COME ON NOW
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:34 pm

Flynn wrote:OH COME ON NOW

Huh?
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Chief » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:17 am

I believe Flynn is expressing frustration at having to decide between such strong entries (as I and many others seem to be for nearly every poll in this round of the contest)
Chief

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:34 am

Chief wrote:I believe Flynn is expressing frustration at having to decide between such strong entries (as I and many others seem to be for nearly every poll in this round of the contest)

Ah, thanks Chief for clarifying. Although I think most people's comments are good natured, with all the bickering in the last round, its hard to read the intended emotion into text. Also, I completely agree that this round was much harder to make picks, some I had to stare at for 10 minuted and break down in my mind to come to a decision.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Flynn » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:51 am

Chief wrote:I believe Flynn is expressing frustration at having to decide between such strong entries (as I and many others seem to be for nearly every poll in this round of the contest)

Also that this was the very first poll I clicked on. Right off the bat a tough choice. NOT FAIR
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Rook » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:06 am

Really? Sorry one has incredible colors, technique, and photography and the other... not so much. :/
Yea, though I walk through the valley...
Rook

Postby Mister Ed » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:24 am

Rook wrote:Really? Sorry one has incredible colors, technique, and photography and the other... not so much. :/

Boy, you're kind of a downer. At least in my matchup last round, you disparaged both mechs the same. ;)
Mister Ed

Postby Master Beef » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:59 am

Rook wrote:Really? Sorry one has incredible colors, technique, and photography and the other... not so much. :/
If you have constructive criticism, you could post it on the builder's Flickr page, but PLEASE keep the negative comments to yourself.
Master Beef

Postby murphquake » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:38 pm

How do we know which one rook is talking about? Honestly they're both great. But like I said somewhere else... one is a mech version of the comic book character, the other is incredibly creative in so many ways. It's a matter of what you like. I do kind of wish the brackets had broken down differently but that was decided by the votes and eventually the cream rises, even if a few great ones get dropped early
murphquake

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:51 pm

Master Beef wrote:
If you have constructive criticism, you could post it on the builder's Flickr page, but PLEASE keep the negative comments to yourself.

Thanks Rook for the constructive criticism. This is exactly what everyone was talking about last round, people need to learn when and where it is OK to post negative comments, certainly not in the bracket while voting is currently going on. There is nothing wrong with expressing your opinion, but there is a time and place for it. Rook, if you had even made it to the top 16, or 8 for that matter, I definitely would not have said anything negative about yours, especially during the voting.

I think both mech here, and all the others in the tourney deserve a fair shot without people coming in and telling everyone else how or why they should vote.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Igginz » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:07 pm

MotionOTheOcean wrote: Rook, if you had even made it to the top 16, or 8 for that matter, I definitely would not have said anything negative about yours, especially during the voting.

Oh Snap!
Igginz

Postby MotionOTheOcean » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:29 pm

Congratz Lanterne Rouge! Ant-Man even at his tiniest never was out of Hawkeye's keen sight.
MotionOTheOcean

Postby Rook » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:12 am

I clearly wrote the comment as to not specify which model I was implying. Your assumption of which I was implying is in the mind of the beholder.

PS: That is constructive criticism. Technique, color pallet, and photography are simple guidelines for everyone especially myself to try to improve on, since I didn’t even make the top 32! :lol:
Last edited by Rook on Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Rook

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:39 am

How can you possibly argue that you're being constructive in the same post that you say you intentionally left the comment ambiguous? If you wanted to be constructive you would have addressed the builder directly and given him tips to improve, not just toss out some backhanded comparison and made a face.
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Postby Rook » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:57 pm

Mister Ed wrote:At least in my matchup last round, you disparaged both mechs the same. ;)

That's because I felt they were. No candy coating. ;)

Master Beef wrote:PLEASE keep the negative comments to yourself.

Sure thing. :x

Solo wrote:How can you possibly argue that you're being constructive in the same post that you say you intentionally left the comment ambiguous? If you wanted to be constructive you would have addressed the builder directly and given him tips to improve, not just toss out some backhanded comparison and made a face.

Ah Solo I can't win against you.

MotionOTheOcean wrote:...telling everyone else how or why they should vote.

I did not tell people how to vote, I am sorry if you felt that affected the out come of the poll. :S
Rook

Return to Contests & Community Builds