Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

FBTB Draft 8: Cad Bane's Speeder

Discussion about front-page features and commentary from FBTB.net. Only forum staff can start topics here, but anyone can reply!

Re: FBTB Draft 8: Cad Bane's Speeder

Postby noahtom » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:00 pm

You don't have a license to lag =)
noahtom

Postby azoreg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:49 am

Hi y'all...

If you do not want to keep up with your own spreadsheet, but still want your own priority list, you can create your own google spreadsheet, and put this in the first cell:

=ImportRange("0ArTQnOXYsMkndFJsaEJqZkRoY0ktaEFRbWM3NlhSM2c","ryan inventory!A1:F131")

That will import everything from Ryan's spreadsheet in real time to your spread sheet.

Then you can delete column "C" and input your own priorities that only you can see.

Now you have a spreadsheet that auto-updates availability, and has your own priorities.

If you want to get really fancy, you can go to "Insert" -> "Image" -> "By URL" and input BrinckLink picture URLs like http://img.bricklink.com/P/0/8128stk01.jpg for the stickers. Then you have an auto-updating spreadsheet with pictures. :-)

Caveats:

I believe this is auto-updating as per Google's help, but I have not tested it yet. I shall try to be online a bit early on Sat to test. Also... I'm not sure if the ace sheet or the ryan sheet is the "master". Hopefully this is helpful though.
azoreg

Postby ltr » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am

Questions about the inventory for tomorrow's draft:
-Is Lot #1 the first sticker set, and so on and so forth? For some reason I am seeing the lots start at number 2 on the spreadsheet because the headers are on line 1.
-Is the leftover grab bag one Lot item and you get all that?
Thanks. Feedback is appreciated--I don't want to slow things down tomorrow, I'm hoping for lightning speed reactions!
ltr

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:37 am

There is no Lot #1. :) As previously discussed, we tried Lot #s once and people confused lot # with row number. We have talked about trying a new system, but this last draft of the year we're sticking with what we've got.

The final lot on the list is a whole little bag of all the leftover pieces, which seem to be pretty much assassin droid bits.
Chief

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:44 pm

We lost a member of the crew today. Please note your new draft ID:
001_azoreg
002_twbooth
003_justplainjim
004_molrak
005_ltr
006_noahtom
007_kjklock
008_murphquake
009_clonedoc
010_TBD
Chief

Postby twbooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 5:43 pm

@azoreg, your efforts and tips rock! I will hunker down and hack around with it as well tonight (I might even PM ya, if ya bored). Finding the best way to manage my priority xls and chiefs xls has always been a frustrating aspect of these drafts. It would be awesome to find a better method. Rock on!
twbooth

Postby MightyPipsqueek » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:19 pm

About selecting lots... Since we're not referring to row numbers, we're using the BrickLink item numbers, right?
MightyPipsqueek

Postby azoreg » Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:16 pm

Re: MightyPipsqueek
We are using the row numbers. We are not using BrickLink item numbers or any lot number. (At least that is what Chief has done previously.)

Re: twbooth
I noticed when setting up my spreadsheet that I can not delete just the "Priority" column... so I actually used two importRange functions. One for column A and B, and a 2nd one for columns D, E, and F. So then column C was free for my own priorities. I then put the BrickLink images in columns G and H. I look forward to testing how fast it updates in the morning sometime before showtime.
azoreg

Postby twbooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:00 pm

Not to throw too much of a kink in the mix, but is there any interest in pairing the two engine parts (the turbine 4869 and engine 4868b)? Y'all are much more creative than I am, but I see more build combinations with 5 pairs instead of 10 turbines or 10 engines.

Maybe change Lots 64, 65, 66 to "8x 6469, 8x 4868b", "6x 6469, 6x 4868b" and "6x 6469, 6x 4868b"? Just an idea. These would likely be my #1 or #2 pick.

Thanks!
twbooth

Postby twbooth » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:21 pm

In a similar vain, what about pairing the hinge base and top plate (3937 and 6134)? Is anyone really interested in one and not the other? I haven't brought this up on prior drafts, b/c we had an assortment of tops and bases, but for this draft, there is only 3937 as the base, 6134 as the top.
twbooth

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:32 pm

re: linked spreadsheets: ace was actually playing around with this very feature last night and it's pretty great. I didn't want to spring it on everyone last minute, though, so if you're savvy enough to put it together on your own, you'll be streets ahead for tomorrow, and we'll try to implement it for everyone in the new year!

correct re: using row #s as lot #s. You will be calling out anything from Lot #2 to Lot #131

For the most part, I do still match up pairs of parts and left and rights etc and then split them out. However, I've seen and used enough of those separate hinge pieces to feel like someone will find a legitimately cool use for one without the other. That said, suggestions like this would be awesome to hear earlier in the draft prep process, possibly when I first link the set inventory when I announce the draft. The night before the draft is not ideal. Everything is already numbered and laid out on the table for fun times tomorrow (I do not expect this draft to take more than an hour (assuming we start at a decent time for once!))
Chief

Postby azoreg » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:33 am

While I do agree with twbooth's ideas for pairing those items... I think I agree more with Chief that we have already sent out the inventory, and so a last minute change might not be wanted by people.

(As for me, since I have a linked spreadsheet... I kind of do not care, if Chief updates his, I'll see it... except my in-spreadsheet pics might not allign correctly.)
azoreg

Postby murphquake » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:09 am

Ok I'm in, im on a wired connection to a reliable cable modem, have the bumberry and tablet as backup but don't think i'll need them... off to try to fiddle with my spreadsheet like im cool as azoreg or something
murphquake

Postby Chief » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Photos from today's event

And now, decompression time...
Chief

Postby azoreg » Sat Nov 17, 2012 5:02 pm

If anyone wants to see my spreadsheet... I made it public now that we are post-draft... https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... Uhsd1ZMb0E

In response to what twbooth msg'd me about, yes, you can not sort on your priority if you are using the importRange() function. But also, if you try to sort, you would change the row numbers which would make it more difficult to keep track of lots.

Since sorting does not work, you will see how I used "conditional formatting" on the columns to color code things so that they are easier to find. Right-click on the column header to set that up. I also added some pictures of things I wanted, or things that I did not know what they were by reading. I also used the conditional formatting on the "picked" columns so that they changed color when they were picked. (You can still see some "unpicked" green squares beyond row 131.)

Also... twbooth... I'd like up to 4 jet engines if you can think of some items you might want from me. :-) (Unless you like really, really want 20 jet engines.)

Thanks to all for the fun draft...
azoreg

Postby Chief » Wed Nov 28, 2012 10:05 pm

Shipping prices going out tonight and tomorrow. Sorry (as always!) for the delay. Thanksgiving, work, family, blah blah blah.
Chief

Postby azoreg » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah!

I got two notices of new private messages to my email... 7:20p yesterday, and 1:25p today CST. I was hoping... but upon looking I saw no new PMs, weird.
azoreg

Postby kjklock » Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:11 am

Have shipping prices gone out? I have not seen anything.
kjklock

Postby JustPlainJim » Tue Dec 04, 2012 8:40 am

Still waiting on the sipping costs here... Any news?
JustPlainJim

Postby Chief » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Mighty apologies. Everyone should have their payment instructions in their PM inboxes. Packages are all sealed up and ready to go when payments have been received.
Chief

PreviousNext

Return to Community Features