Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO Brand Retail Black Friday Event, Exclusive Holiday Set

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

LEGO Brand Retail Black Friday Event, Exclusive Holiday Set

Postby Staff » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:32 am

download

Forum member that guy received his invitation for LEGO Brand Retail's Black Friday event. The Black Friday event is a special sales event held by the LEGO Brand Retail stores where a select number of customers are invited to shop at the store during special hours. It is still a mystery as to how LEGO chooses which customers to invite. The only distinction that shopping at a retail location versus online are the pull cards. The details he was able to glean are as follows:

• One guest per person

• One pull card per person (allegedly only at checkout)

• About 30 people invites for my store

• $5000 pre discount limit

• Max 5 per item except holiday which is limit 1 per item

He also adds the following: "They wouldn't confirm what the discounts will be this year but their 'guess' was 10/20/50 like last year."

Lego 2012 Holiday Set #3300014

murphquake also unveiled this year's holiday exclusive set in his photostream which was picked up by Brickset and the like. It's a single set, compared to last year's two parter, and a rather nice one at that. It can be dropped into any of the Winter Village sets for additional holiday delight. Yes, I said delight. It will most likely be free with a minimum purchase of, I'm guessing, $99 or more. Don't feel like acquiring one? You can build it yourself with the instructions from LEGO.com.
---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/14/lego-brand-retail-black-friday-event-exclusive-holiday-set/
Staff

Re: LEGO Brand Retail Black Friday Event, Exclusive Holiday

Postby Mofo Jones » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:32 pm

I received an invite for last year and ended up not going due to my lack of funds and an issue with my kids' daycare. Considering that it all boiled down to "exclusive shopping without significant discounts" I'm kind of glad I passed.
Will Tactically Consult for money, food or LEGO.
Mofo Jones
Staff Writer

Postby onions » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:40 pm

yeah, i remember hearing that the event itself was ho hum unless you were that one guy that got the 50% card
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Mister Ed » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:54 pm

Kind of ho hum even then, unless you had already decided to buy a big pile of stuff, since you could only get the discount on what you had already decided to purchase.
Mister Ed

Postby Bellicose » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:29 pm

Here's the thread from last year, detailing how it worked out for people. Sounds like some stores gave people the scratch cards when they walked through the door, and others only when they came up for the final purchase.

Me, I'm just happy to have gotten the invitation, I'll go check it out. Besides the 10% off coupons do come with the catalog mailers, but don't come all the time, so it is nice.
Bellicose

Postby SDIronClaw » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm

I was surprised to get one this year. Alas I'll be out of town that weekend, so unless I can transfer to another store I'm out.
"I find your lack of Lego disturbing."
SDIronClaw

Postby Coret » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:02 pm

Supposedly they will be giving out a totebag as well exclusive to this event. They were given extra invites this year to give to regular customers. I was given one by the manager that I have made good friends with. We will see how good it will be.
Coret

Postby DagsBricks » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:05 pm

Not really a mystery who gets the invites. For each store it's the 30 folks who have spent the most money in that store that are local to that store. They are trying to get the big spenders to come spend a little more.

Mystery solved. XD

Brian
DagsBricks

Postby Gooker1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:47 am

Coret wrote:Supposedly they will be giving out a totebag as well exclusive to this event. They were given extra invites this year to give to regular customers. I was given one by the manager that I have made good friends with. We will see how good it will be.

If they don't discount any sets like they will on the actual Black Friday, then it won't be really good.

Best thing - free holiday set, free PAB, and free tote bag.

The cards are gonna be out there on Black Friday too, so it's about the freebies. LOL
Gooker1

Postby yogibara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 10:49 am

I'll be going. I got mine yesterday. Not too excited since Amazon usually has great prices on Lego but you never know. I might get the scratch off at the door and get 50% and I'll break the bank. You won't know unless you go, right?
yogibara

Postby Jake's Oy » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:54 pm

I got an email for an invite today. Kinda weird that they want you to rsvp for something and you don't know what you are showing up for.

If its not raining I plan to be drag racing at that time >.> Should I rsvp just in case it rains? :p
Jake's Oy

Postby wegj » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:05 am

I don't think I'm brave enough to get near the lego store near me on black friday, Yikes! If I got one of those cards though it would be tempting just to feel special :)
WEGJ –keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models and Minifigs
wegj

Postby etcknight » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:22 am

onions wrote:yeah, i remember hearing that the event itself was ho hum unless you were that one guy that got the 50% card

You're right that generally speaking you can find much better deals on Legos throughout the year - but at other stores. The catalog coupon they send you only allows 10% off one item. So, if you have a bunch of Lego Brand gift cards - then getting a lumped 10% off your ENTIRE PURCHASE is a great deal when you add in the freebies. The Pick-A-Brick box alone has gotta be worth $7-10 once you stuff in all the bits.
etcknight

Postby hobbie » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:23 am

Just got an email, VIP members can get Brick Friday prices online tomorrow.
hobbie

Postby Jake's Oy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:12 pm

I went. I got a lanyard with a lego badge. A free box to fill with stuff from the rear wall. Some kind of wallet sized pouch. I spent just over $100, I found a 10% off bent box yellow dinosaur dump truck, a $15 tub of bricks from the wall, 5 poly turkey's, and the ninja mech,. I got a 10% off card, I had $20 of points already. I got another xmas box to fill from the wall and a free holiday exclusive set. They said if I pulled the 50% off card I could go back for more loot.

Over all it was a decent event. Nothing major I'd cry about missing, but still nice.

The staff was vary accommodating. Person after me had a pile of stuff and they let him break his sales into multiple transactions so he could score multiple 3+ holiday sets.
Jake's Oy

Postby Bellicose » Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:20 am

I went too. Was very fortunate and got a 20% coupon, pretty happy there. Nobody in the event pulled a 50, so I guess that means it'll go into the pile for black friday. Love the square PAB holiday boxes...you can cram way more in!!! Got the holiday set too and a nice poster, like one of those retro "travel to" art deco posters from the 30s. Pretty cool, nice event, happy for the invite!
Bellicose

Postby Gooker1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:08 am

Jake's Oy wrote:I went. I got a lanyard with a lego badge. A free box to fill with stuff from the rear wall. Some kind of wallet sized pouch. I spent just over $100, I found a 10% off bent box yellow dinosaur dump truck, a $15 tub of bricks from the wall, 5 poly turkey's, and the ninja mech,. I got a 10% off card, I had $20 of points already. I got another xmas box to fill from the wall and a free holiday exclusive set. They said if I pulled the 50% off card I could go back for more loot.

Over all it was a decent event. Nothing major I'd cry about missing, but still nice.

The staff was vary accommodating. Person after me had a pile of stuff and they let him break his sales into multiple transactions so he could score multiple 3+ holiday sets.

That's awesome they'd let you go back if you got a 50% card. Heard no one got them at my local store. :(
Gooker1

Postby murphquake » Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:26 pm

Jake's Oy,
That's the second time ive heard of the free PAB box on entry... I got one with my $150+ buy, to take home... that "wallet sized pouch" is a stashable tote bag... unzip it and open it up, the pouch makes a pocket on the outside and the bag is pretty roomy. The person I was with spent a couple hundred dollars, and the manager gave him a TC14 for buying R2D2, we also got kids t-shirts from the Monster Fighters club build, and the manager bumped our 10% cards up to 20%, which was sweet. I'll be going tomorrow night to get another holiday set, I live super close to the mall and will be coming home from work at 11pm so i should be there after they open.
murphquake

Postby zwolya » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:40 pm

Doesn't S@H usually do the 10% off in the week before Christmas? As part of the "check back every day for a new special deal"? Odds of them bringing it back then this year as well?
zwolya

Postby onions » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:41 pm

zwolya wrote:Doesn't S@H usually do the 10% off in the week before Christmas? As part of the "check back every day for a new special deal"? Odds of them bringing it back then this year as well?

first time ive heard of this.
onions
Founder
Founder

Next

Return to Finds/Deals