Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Mech Madness Round of 32 Bracket 1

Participate in community group projects and enter building contests. Check in here for details on current and past projects and contests.

Pick one:

Poll ended at Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:49 am

82%
18%

Total votes : 114

Mech Madness Round of 32 Bracket 1

Postby Solo » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:49 am

This is Bracket 1 of the Round of 32 round. You have 3 days to vote. Good luck!
                                                                                                                           Image
Solo

Re: Mech Madness Sweet Sixteen Bracket 1

Postby Harmonica » Wed Nov 14, 2012 4:34 am

Woohoo, survived the first round!

Drat, not gonna survive this one :). Oh, well, still happy to participate. Best of luck to everyone.
Harmonica

Re: Mech Madness Round of 32 Bracket 1

Postby Ultron32 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:56 am

It's a pretty tough choice. I think this is a pretty nice cap mech, and though the Wolverine one is awesome, it doesn't look like a real wolverine.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:21 pm

Ultron32 wrote:it doesn't look like a real wolverine.

It's not a real wolverine... it's a mech. Not everyone tried to perfectly replicate an animal you know...
zhouston
David

Postby captain sambuca » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:26 pm

zhouston wrote:
Ultron32 wrote:it doesn't look like a real wolverine.

It's not a real wolverine... it's a mech. Not everyone tried to perfectly replicate an animal you know...

Easy now zhouston! that was a low blow! More humility please.

Ultron32: Don't listen to him son: Our army of various penguins will be running amok through Gotham, while all this intergalactic secret crisis nonsense is kicking off. More power to the penguins!
captain sambuca

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:47 pm

captain sambuca wrote:
Easy now zhouston! that was a low blow! More humility please.

I was trying to defend The Wolverine, I wouldn't want somebody going into my bracket and putting negative comments about my build (which has happened to me in the past, and it's frustrating).

And I don't see how that was a low blow, I didn't say there was anything wrong with replicating an animal, I just said that wasn't necessarily what Trooper10 was trying to accomplish.
zhouston
David

Postby Chief » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:13 pm

I like how zhouston gets attacked for defending the model. More evidence that we need to kill comments during these contests? Come on guys.
Chief

Postby zhouston » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Chief wrote:More evidence that we need to kill comments during these contests? Come on guys.

It just seems to be a little worse this contest, everyone is on edge!
zhouston
David

Postby captain sambuca » Sat Nov 17, 2012 12:45 am

To be clear: Zhouston i applaud you defending another lego model, that is refreshing. but this last bit

zhouston wrote: Not everyone tried to perfectly replicate an animal you know...

I just find a bit barbed, and snidey...and more than anything else not necessary.

Let's all remember: if you don't have anything nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

I can hear my mother's voice in my head: "now now children, play nice"

Or my wife's: "how can you lot get so involved in a load of plastic bricks? get a life!"

Play well
captain sambuca

Postby Chief » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:09 am

I guess we'll just chalk this one up to the inherent lack of tone/inflection in text conversations: I didn't read anything snide or hurtful in his comment at all, I read it as incredulous bystander commentary that Ultron admitted to voting for someone because their entry wasn't an accurate animal.

Everyone's got to come up with a deciding factor of one kind or another when voting for some really great competitors in this contest. I did it myself, several times! But I'm not going to tell anyone what those deciding factors were, because this is a secret vote and those members brave enough to put their hard work out there deserve some respect. I'll save the constructive criticism for where it belongs, and where it's welcomed.

Holding it against someone for their superhero mech not being accurate to its namesake animal, and then telling everyone about it? I admire Trooper10 for not going into rage mode.
Chief

Postby Darth Mitz » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 am

i agree with Chief, regarding banter on the voting pages, looks like we're better off with no comments during voting.
Darth Mitz

Postby madLEGOman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:31 am

Chief wrote:I like how zhouston gets attacked for defending the model. More evidence that we need to kill comments during these contests? Come on guys.

I get where you're coming from chief, but if you kill the voter commentary, you also greatly diminish or capacity to smack talk. And after zane's comment about people slandering his work in the past, i was seriously tempted to go over to his bracket and say " pffft. Sucks" while trying to keep a straight face. But instead i'll invite you all to say all the crap you want about victor's mech. Think of it as a roast =)
madLEGOman

Postby zhouston » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:24 pm

madLEGOman wrote: i'll invite you all to say all the crap you want about victor's mech. Think of it as a roast =)

says the guy who's mech was featured on the brothers brick... haha
zhouston
David

Postby madLEGOman » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:18 pm

zhouston wrote:says the guy who's mech was featured on the brothers brick... haha

says they guy who was blogged on gizmodo =)

oh and i believe you mean one of the guys featured on tbb, let's not forget sparkart

*rubbing salt in the wounds*
madLEGOman

Postby zhouston » Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:50 pm

madLEGOman wrote:
zhouston wrote: let's not forget sparkart

*rubbing salt in the wounds*

that's right! dang I have a tough road ahead of me. And I'm not sure how gizmodo compares, it's more well known to the general public, but they aren't necessarily lego experts. But hey, I'll take what I can get

hmmmm I'm not sure how I managed to mess up that quote ^
zhouston
David

Postby Ultron32 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:19 am

I didn't mean anything against the Wolvie mech. I did actually vote for him, just because it looks plain cool. And I smiled when I read the last part in zhouston's comment.
Thought you'd like this about the Vatican cameos.
Ultron32

Return to Contests & Community Builds