Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

Pong Krell Minifigure Revealed

The reason FBTB came to be. We don't forget our roots.

Pong Krell Minifigure Revealed

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:20 am

Pong Krell - 1

LEGO may have done a good job with sealing up some leaks, but others still squeak by. Ebay seems to be the place to go to check out new minifigures from upcoming sets and ebay seller lego*dudes is proof of that. He's selling Pong Krell from the upcoming 75004 Z-95 Headhunter set is as well as some other unreleased figures from other themes.

Pong Krell - 2 Pong Krell - 3 Pong Krell - 4 Pong Krell - 5

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/16/pong-krell-minifigure-revealed/
Staff

Re: Pong Krell Minifigure Revealed

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:51 am

That is one tall minifig!
Brainslugged

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 pm

Wait, they made a Jedi out of that bartender guy?

Man, Clone Wars is friggin' weird...
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Joedward » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:19 pm

That looks so awful.

Geez
~Ed
(that's Mr. Ed to you)

(T!!!!!!!T=:|[\########################################
Joedward

Postby murphquake » Fri Nov 16, 2012 3:21 pm

Flynn, There was a great Pong Krell/Umbaran campaign storyline is CW S4, if you can't stand CW then don't waste your time, but it was one of my favorite story arcs yet. (and yes the Z95 is in those episodes, as well as the UHC). I think it's a great fig, although I wish the head was seperate, so they could do a dirty t-shirt/belly showing/plumbers crack version of Dex Jettster =-) The height is interesting... in CW Pong Krell towers over the clones, but in AOTC Dex is shorter than Obi-Wan. I'll definitely be scooping this set up asap in Jan (or hopefully next month, as last year the Lego store by me had the Jan sets out a few days early =-)
murphquake

Postby sparkart » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:01 pm

I can hardly tolerate the strangeness of Clone Wars, generally, but the Umbara storyline that featured Krell was terrific.

It's too bad the sculpt for Krell is so neutral, and doesnt feature a more disapproving angry scowl, which was typical in his dealings with the troops.
sparkart

Postby plebeianprint » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:28 pm

I despised Pong Krell in the Clone Wars (in the manner I was supposed to), so it's fitting that I hate the minifig, too. It's too ugly.

Not to derail the thread, but I'm surprised by Star Wars fans that don't care for the Clone Wars series. The production values, story, deeper look at the Star Wars universe, and characters are all top notch. I'm an original trilogy loyalist, so it's saying a lot that I love the Clone Wars show.
plebeianprint

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm surprised people think I was being serious and not tongue-in-cheek with my comment-- I just don't watch the show. Nothing against it or anything, I just don't watch it.
joecrowaz on Flickr wrote:Flynn you little wussy with a purple robed fairy for an icon,

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Postby Walter Boy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:03 pm

It's neat to see some leg printing that matchs up with the jedi robe torso. Other than the recent Anakin minifigure I can't think of any other examples were this has been done, although I may've just not noticed it on others.
Walter Boy

Postby daevster » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:03 pm

Hmmm... The only way I see making him shorter is by changing his legs to the shorter "Ewok" legs, but I'm skeptical of even doing that.
http://www.mocpages.com/home.php/83288
http://www.youtube.com/user/daevster

"To all who come to this happy place, welcome..." -Walter Elias Disney
daevster

Postby Flynn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:52 pm

Not having such a tall head mold would be a good idea, too.

Flickr Brickshelf
Flynn

Return to Star Wars