Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

S@H Brick Friday Offers VIP Early Access Tomorrow

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

S@H Brick Friday Offers VIP Early Access Tomorrow

Postby Staff » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:15 pm

Brick Friday VIP Online Early Access

VIP members should check your inboxes if you haven't already because LEGO is letting you take advantage of the upcoming "Brick Friday" promotions a little early. There will be additional sales on the 23rd no doubt, but if you were considering getting more than one order to score an extra copy of 300014 or you need to cash in some VIP points before they expire then you may want to jump on this and see what happens next week. If you do plan on taking the plunge early, remember that the offers are only available for 24 hours starting tonight at midnight.

US (site) & Canada (site)

• 10% off orders of $149 or more

• FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of $99 or more

• FREE Shipping on orders of $49 or more

• All offers can be combined

• Valid: Nov 17th 12am EST – 11:59:59pm EST

• Must be a registered VIP Member

UK (site):

• 10% off orders of £100 or more

• FREE Limited Edition Holiday Set with orders of £50 or more

• FREE Shipping on orders of £25 or more

• All offers can be combined

• Valid: Nov 17th 12am GMT – 11:59:59pm GMT

• Must be a registered VIP Member

---
Permalink: http://www.fbtb.net/2012/11/16/sh-brick-friday-offers-vip-early-access-tomorrow/
Staff

Re: S@H Brick Friday Offers VIP Early Access Tomorrow

Postby Gooker1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:35 pm

Question - VIP points expire??? Or was I reading that wrong?
Gooker1

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:53 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Question - VIP points expire??? Or was I reading that wrong?

I just came to comment to ask exactly the same thing as that line shocked me. I assume they don't, although having an excuse to spend what I have would be kinda cool too.
Brainslugged

Postby SH1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:54 pm

Gooker1 wrote:Question - VIP points expire??? Or was I reading that wrong?

They do eventually expire, two years after the last purchase (or maybe two years from the time purchase? I forget). Not a problem I've had to worry about recently.
SH1

Postby buriedbybricks » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:08 pm

From the FAQ's on the VIP section of LEGO.com:

Do my points ever expire?

Yes, all VIP Points expire on December 31st two years after the year in which they were earned. Before this happens, the LEGO® Group will notify you via the email address you provided during registration. Members that join the VIP Program via a LEGO Store or phone order, and subsequently do not register their card number online within one (1) year of joining the Program, will have their points expire and their point balance reset to zero.
buriedbybricks

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:25 pm

So I take it that means the only points that will expire will be those earned before January 1st 2010.
Brainslugged

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:27 pm

When I saw the words "early access" in the email I was hoping it would be early access to some of the Hobbit sets. Now I'm probably going to have to spend $100 on sets I don't really want or need (or get a lot cheaper elsewhere) just to get the Christmas set.
Brainslugged

Postby The_Chosen_1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:46 pm

It would be incredibly awesome if Lego offered up 'The Hobbit' collection of sets in time for Black Friday. The $300 for the sets would then become $270 + Free Shipping + Free holiday set + VIP Points. I don't think they'll be that generous though, unfortunately. :'(
The_Chosen_1

Postby murphquake » Fri Nov 16, 2012 2:59 pm

I'm sure they expire because you don't need someone in 2023 coming up with $8k of VIP points and trying to buy all 5 of the new SW sets =-)
murphquake

Postby Brainslugged » Fri Nov 16, 2012 4:19 pm

The_Chosen_1 wrote:It would be incredibly awesome if Lego offered up 'The Hobbit' collection of sets in time for Black Friday. The $300 for the sets would then become $270 + Free Shipping + Free holiday set + VIP Points. I don't think they'll be that generous though, unfortunately. :'(

Even better than that is that it could become 2 x $135 plus two free holiday sets.
Brainslugged

Postby onions » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:07 am

anyone able to get this to work?
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby onions » Sat Nov 17, 2012 8:45 am

finally got it working thanks to CloneEmperor. You might have to go through one of these links:

US
CA
UK
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby ps99041 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:01 am

I took the bait and finally ordered the Star Wars Imperial Shuttle 10212 but what other deals should I be expecting for Black Friday?
ps99041

Postby DarthBuilder » Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:18 am

At what point during checkout did it show the 10% off? I added 10212 to my cart and seperatly the SSD 10221 as well and are only seeing the gift and free shipping being applied.

Nevermind, noticed the VIP values change as soon as I broke the $149 limit. 10% came off at the order review.
DarthBuilder

Postby combattank » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Are they going to be offering the same 2012 holiday set on Black Friday? The fine print on the website of 3300014 seems very specific about it being today.
combattank

Postby starqrtrs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:50 pm

I've seen some comments on the 'net saying to wait until black friday for more deals. What other deals could they provide other then double points? They don't typical discount sets unless they are retiring sets. Any thoughts?
starqrtrs

Postby ufjason » Sat Nov 17, 2012 9:18 pm

starqrtrs wrote:I've seen some comments on the 'net saying to wait until black friday for more deals. What other deals could they provide other then double points? They don't typical discount sets unless they are retiring sets. Any thoughts?

Last year they had some massive discounts on a number of sets, some of which were being discontinued. They also gave a percentage off for a double dip. I spent a grand that evening. There were some good sets up like the imperial flagship which never came back after that.
eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Postby starqrtrs » Sat Nov 17, 2012 10:11 pm

Ugh, I missed the deal by 6 mins because I was watching a football game. Is the confirmation about the free holiday set still being available for Black Friday, because it appears to be missing right now. Lame.
starqrtrs

Postby dWhisper » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:24 am

The_Chosen_1 wrote:It would be incredibly awesome if Lego offered up 'The Hobbit' collection of sets in time for Black Friday. The $300 for the sets would then become $270 + Free Shipping + Free holiday set + VIP Points. I don't think they'll be that generous though, unfortunately. :'(

The most recent catalog says the Hobbit sets will be available for order on 11/27, and I'm willing to bet that's by design. New sets are usually right after the big offer.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Postby starqrtrs » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:49 am

dWhisper wrote:

The most recent catalog says the Hobbit sets will be available for order on 11/27, and I'm willing to bet that's by design. New sets are usually right after the big offer.

I saw all the hobbit sets at my local fred meyer here today. Did they release them earlier then lego's online site? I honestly have no interest in collecting the hobbit sets so I didn't look into it. Though I'll admit Baggin's house is pretty gorram cool looking.
starqrtrs

Next

Return to Finds/Deals