Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

[SW] Black Falcon

Got an awesome creation that you'd like to share with the community? We want to see it! This is also where to post your WIPs and techniques to brainstorm with other builders.

[SW] Black Falcon

Postby boomers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 pm

Here is some pictures of my replica of the Millenium Falcon done almost completely in black (over 99%, some parts don't come in black). Some folks on another site enjoyed it so I thought i'd share it here as well.

almost complete

Completed (sorry the pic isn't very clear)
Last edited by boomers on Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
boomers

Re: Black Falcon

Postby Daz Hoo » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:49 pm

WOW!!!

That is totally awesome! That color completely changes how it looks!

It must have cost you a pretty pennie ordering all those parts in black!
Daz Hoo

Postby Jake's Oy » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:59 pm

Pretty cool. Did you do it just because its neat or is it to recreate what Han did in the books to "disguise it" / "mourning of his lost friend?". :)
Jake's Oy

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:51 am

That is awesome. It would be neat to hear how much it cost, and maybe take some more pictures.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Postby boomers » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:31 am

Jake's Oy wrote:Pretty cool. Did you do it just because its neat or is it to recreate what Han did in the books to "disguise it" / "mourning of his lost friend?". :)

I had no idea that Han recreated it in black until I read your post, I googled it today and indeed you are right. At the time I just thought it would be cool to do.

The project ended up costing more than what a misb goes for today (over 2k), but I spread the cost over a year so it wasn't that bad on the wallet. Some parts on this set are extremely rare in black and I ended up paying the price, not to mention I only bought new parts.

Once I clean it I'll post nicer pics, anyone have any suggestions for cleaning a light coat of saw dust off? I was thinking of washing lightly with a hose and then drying it with the hairdryer, I don't want it to spot.

Next project is a hangar for it and then a glass case to keep it clean.
boomers

Postby mcs4616 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:53 am

Compressed air works well for removing dust . . . or at least moving the dust to a different location. It's expensive and aggravates anyone in the house with allergies.
Last edited by mcs4616 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mcs4616

Postby hatcher » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:16 pm

I've been told a really good quality paint brush (never used for paint obviously) works well for dusting LEGO.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world, those who can understand binary, and those that can't.
"None of you understand. I'm not locked up in here with you, you are locked up in here with me!" - Rorshach, Watchmen.
hatcher

Postby bacon1986 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:18 pm

I bought some Cyber Clean recently to use on my displayed Legos. I haven't used it extensively, but it seems to do the trick.
Want to know how much your LEGO investment is worth?
Visit BrickPicker.com: LEGO Price and Investing Guide
bacon1986

Return to LEGO MOC Showcase