Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

New retiring soon filter on shop at home website

Post your sales news here. Open forum. No Special Access Required!

New retiring soon filter on shop at home website

Postby ufjason » Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:19 pm

eBay store, contact me if you'd like to perform trades from my inventory. I'm looking for original genosian fighers, second version a-wing fighters and tie bombers. I may be interested in other sets so let me know what you have.
ufjason

Re: New retiring soon filter on shop at home website

Postby ThinkingImpaired » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:36 am

No death star....interesting.
Don't you waste away, for tomorrow will soon be today
ThinkingImpaired

Postby Brainslugged » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:20 am

My thoughts instantly turned to the Death Star too. Part of me can't believe it has been around for so long, but then the other part of me wonders why would they would ever retire it. I guess you could argue that at some point everyone who wants a particular set will have bought it, but then again, there must be be enough dads etc that come back into the Lego fold each year to warrant keeping it on the shelf.
Brainslugged

Postby JohnGreenArt » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:33 am

Aw, I wish they set up this "retiring soon" section earlier. There have been a lot of sets that I waffled over getting but had on my list of "eventually", and then when the time came that I had the money or whatever, the set was gone. And the moment that happens, getting it second hand is often too expensive, especially since this usually happens the big ticket exclusives.

Glad I picked up this set, though.
JohnGreenArt

Postby Mister Ed » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am

Part of me has a hard time believing that this filter will be kept up to date, or ever really be comprehensive. But even if so, it's better than nothing (providing it is accurate, and not just a way of pushing certain sets- but while I can certainly see some companies using that ploy, I trust LEGO more than that).
Mister Ed

Postby onions » Mon Nov 12, 2012 11:41 am

this page is sort of a test page to see how things go. there's no guarantee that it will continue in its current form. they may consider eliminating a dedicated page but instead place a tag on the individual listing instead.

personally, i think having this page is the way to go. checking one place that could potentitally encompass all themes is much more convenient that having to check multiple pages and multiple themes.
onions
Founder
Founder

Postby Draykov » Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:46 pm

If they can keep it relatively up-to-date, this is a very welcome addition. Since the revision of the Shop@Home site, though, I haven't even been able to maintain a wishlist without it dumping my stuff, so..."cautiously optimistic" sums up my feelings.
Hail Space!
Draykov

Postby Bellicose » Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:08 pm

Very surprising to see the Red Cargo Train on that list, as the Yellow one has been on sale far longer, and I figured it'd be the Maersk being discontinued...
Bellicose

Return to Finds/Deals