Travel the dunes with the LEGO� Star Wars™ Ultimate Collector Series Sancrawler™

FBTB - From Bricks To Bothans

Follow us: RSS
News? Questions? Comments? Email!

LEGO unable to meet Christmas demand?

Want to talk about how the LEGO company is doing, your recent visit to LEGOland, your local LEGO club, other resources in the online LEGO community, or about LEGO software and games? Come in here and join us!

LEGO unable to meet Christmas demand?

Postby Gingerbeard Man » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:58 am

My parents mentioned today that they had seen an article about LEGO in the newspaper. Apparently "some LEGO for girls" (my mum's words) is so popular that it is taking production capacity from other lines.

A number of German papers have picked up on the same agency report, but I have been unable to find an English version. The main statements courtesy of Google Translate are
The Copenhagen economic newspaper "Børsen" reported on Thursday, citing local retailers and toy chains that mainly because of the surprisingly strong demand for the new series "Lego Friends" for girls not every wish could be fulfilled for Christmas.
Lego's sales chief Mads Nipper confirmed in "Borsen" that the strong demand for "Lego Friends" led to reduced production of other Lego products due to capacity utilization.

Original Danish article

One of the more amusing headlines for this story in the German papers is "Lego warns Santa Claus: We are running out of bricks!"
Gingerbeard Man

Re: LEGO unable to meet Christmas demand?

Postby dWhisper » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:27 pm

Wouldn't surprise me. I know that Friends is more popular than any other LEGO line at Walmart in the US.
If the above post didn't offend you, you're probably reading it wrong.
dWhisper

Return to General LEGO Discussions